Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Barnet closing?!?!?!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listening to Pratt & Taylor right now and a caller says the Barnet is closing in 6 months and being replaced with some sort of commercial development?

That's huge news I would think affect a lot of TTPers... no more strippers, erm, soccer :D

~Regs.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Casey's(Mr Sport) then the Metro, then the NBI, now the Barnetttt..... what's goign on here???

:(

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This has been a rumor for the past 3 years. Last year is was going to be torn down and turned into a McDonalds.

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I understood ... the Barnett is going under renovations. Last Saturday after the game the Barnett was supposed to be having a meeting regarding the reno's ...haven't heard the outcome though????

GG

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
IF everything works out the Barnett will be closed in August. Our Celtic club had a meeting with the owner the other day and he let us know what was going on. Basically it is sold, but the new owner has some clauses in the deal that might keep it from happening. I.E. 70% of the new buliding must be presold before the deal goes through. Things like that.
So if all the clauses are met there will be no more Wednesday Celtic games in the afternoon followed by Amateur night. :mad:

Parkhead

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Parkputz

Think of it on the bright side...

You won't have to buy soo many pints for that lush G.G. so often... (or is she the one that buys yours?) :eek: :rolleyes:

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the information that I have read, the site will undergo development starting in the summer. There initial plans claim that there will be a few shops, with the possibility of a beer and wine store, and office space. Now I can drive by without my son asking me what a duo is. All is good in Port Moody.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
. Now I can drive by without my son asking me what a duo is. All is good in Port Moody.

Speaking of that! Last night Gielts and I went to watch the Celtic game on replay at 7:00pm then caught the third period of the Nucks game. We were all set to leave when it came to our attention that it was duo night. Just trying to be polite we did not want to get up and leave. :rolleyes: We had to stay. Needless to say we were there till midnight. Did feel all that good this morning. :eek:

I am definetly going to miss the midweek Celtic games and post activities at the Barnett!! :eek:

ParkheadthinksGuinessisadafttwat!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0