Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amateurs Eligible for the 2012 Nutrilite Championship

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure if this is confirmed yet but I was told next year's Nutrilite Championship was going to have the following format:

Round 1: 9 PDL teams, CSL Champion and Runner up and CHALLENGE CUP WINNER. Three groups of 4, round robin, three qualifiers to Round two:

Round 2: round #1 qualifiers and FCE, round robin, winner to Round 3.

Round 3: # MLS squads and Round 2 qualifier, round robin, winner onto CCL prelims

Makes for an even more interesting Nationals in Montreal. I'm sure an amateur team in Toronto would love to play TFC at BMO and an amateur team in Montreal would love to play the Impact at Saputo Field. ICST Pegasus vs the Whitecaps at Cloverdale does not have quite the same cache.

:cool:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is good.

There actually has been some rumblings from trolls and malcontents about the lack of a real competition with the V's cup and how it's essentially a mini tourney and not a league per se, like Champions League or a true FA Cup style tourney, like the US Open cup or a real tangible national league, as there's only 2 teams in MLS.

The problem comes from the interpretation of the CONCACAF CL Charter that states something about the teams must qualify through a National League or National Tournament. Their argument comes from the potential ability of some other federation's qualifiers to protest a victory of a CDN team via the qualification process to enter the tourney. The CSA has only allowed the "fully professional" teams to play in the last and now, it would be sweet to see some upsets!

Shitshow of a thread on the V's board on the topic started by an ubertroll.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure if this is confirmed yet but I was told next year's Nutrilite Championship was going to have the following format:

Round 1: 9 PDL teams, CSL Champion and Runner up and CHALLENGE CUP WINNER. Three groups of 4, round robin, three qualifiers to Round two:

very good, weirdly enough i was thinking about how cool it would be if that was the case when i was watching the impact/caps game, now it exists.

Round 2: round #1 qualifiers and FCE, round robin, winner to Round 3.

Round 3: # MLS squads and Round 2 qualifier, round robin, winner onto CCL prelims

Makes for an even more interesting Nationals in Montreal. I'm sure an amateur team in Toronto would love to play TFC at BMO and an amateur team in Montreal would love to play the Impact at Saputo Field. ICST Pegasus vs the Whitecaps at Cloverdale does not have quite the same cache.

:cool:

very good, weird thing is i was thinking that it would be cool to include amateur teams while i was watching the caps/impact game. now it exists.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0