Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2nd Annual Nomads Summer Classic 2008

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm, I'm not sure that ACBC A will be in, in fact barring a total collapse in interest we will not take ACBC A. Not that we don't like Ghouse, we do...It's just not the place for his A team.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
f*cking surrey! ha! if you get stuck you should try the grass fields at bby lake, there's about 8 grass pitches at the park. just a thought.

I would like to stay on the Surrey Langley side since that is where the bulk of the teams will be coming from.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about anywhere they let you have a beer garden???

We have been trying to get Delta into letting us have a beer garden for a future event in early planning and they are not very receptive to that.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No city is...unless the money and all money raised by the whole event goes to a benefit or charity, other than the host team/club taking all the monetary risk.

I am all for a beer garden, but it is more work than we can do right now for this years tourney, we will look into it for next years though. I promise that much.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a classic...:D

Actually the tourney has run in some capacity for 20+ years I am lead to believe. I know I have played in the toruney for the last 4 Summers. It used to be the GVSSL Summer League Tournament. GVSSL Standing for the Greater Vancouver Senior Soccer League that went tits up 2 years ago. kjohnsob and I kept the candle burning after the league went away.

And after all of the shenanigans from last year this has instantly become a a classic
(epic boat races, Scotty Elliott intimidating a Striker player to death, near abandonment of game between ACBC and Nomads in the semi's, that game going to peno's on two own goals by acbc, us winning the shootout, the SFCS Stars streaker, what happened to his clothes following the streak, etc...)

A lot of fun for a small tourney in Surrey ;)

good times .... good times ....p.s. i thought scotty was going to kill that 12 teen !!!!! hahaha .... what did the 5 fingers say to the face ..... SMACK :eek:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads have to cancel the 2nd installment of this tourney for this year...

The fields we have used for the last 10+ years to run this tourney were taken from us this year in Surrey, and so we had to look for alternatives...

We had got the news so late that the last ditch effort we had at the tourney was to book the Willoughby Turf along with it's new twin that looks to be complete, but for some reason a blue SuperSave Fence surrounds the completed pitch with no goals.

So next year we will be well ahead of the curve, and hopefully have a beer garden to accompany the event.

The SFC (nee Whalley) Strikers can keep the cup for one more year, and then they will lose it ;)

Sorry to anyone who was putting off friendlies for the 23rd and 24th hoping our tourney would be a go.

Next Year. :(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0