Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 BC Masters Provincial A Cup Draw, discussion, banter and results

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course they did - Never gets old Rangers fans.

Take note Bulljive :kiss:
I would never judge the post game. Rangers did it better then anyone. Just sometimes wondered was the ref more concerned about getting his free post game slice or polak sausage when he made the ludicrous decisions. I remember taking a 10 foot sliding tackle threw both of my legs from behind as I shielded it. “He got the ball” was the refs call. Yes eventually he did sir but I have 8 stud prints on my calves.

Bullet G

Dec 5, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was quite the scene, here's an abbreviated version of the events that took place from my point of view as I was on the field for the full 90 + 20 of extra time added:

- InterEDC goalie was given a red card about 5 minutes in to the game for supposedly making a save outside of the 18. According to the 16 year old lino he was outside of the box, ref gave a straight red. Tempers flared and a bunch of yellows were given to several InterEDC players, game stopped for about 10 minutes while the referee attempted to take control which he failed miserably at. At this point in time the ref said to me that he would not tolerate any talking to the linesmen as they are "youth" - Any talking will result in a yellow and any cursing of any sort would result in a straight red.

- Game carried on after things settled down. Score was 0-0 at half
- 10 mins in to the second half, InterEDC with 10 men took a 1-0 lead.
- With about 20 to go a ball gets cleared off the InterEDC line off a header from a corner kick, none of the players on the field reacted as the ball did not go in the net, the play resumed for about 10 seconds, then suddenly after some yelling from the Columbus bench whom was next to the linesmen, the lino puts up the flag and points towards the middle of the field, the ref then signals a goal, that was the 1-1. Tempers flared once more and multiple yellows are handed out and a second red was given to an InterEDC player. I personally asked the lino if the ball crossed the line as I was the one that cleared it, very calmly asked him what he saw and how could the ball have been in the next when I was standing outside of the post , he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulder with no explanation, I just walked away.
- After another delay, game resumed and Columbus scored the 2-1 goal with about 10 to go and then added the insurance near the end of the game.
- More shenanigans towards the end, an InterEDC players yelled at the lino on the other side of the asking what the f%#$ he was doing, a straight red, InterEDC down to 8 players. The InterEDC manager on the bench also got a red for yelling at the ref.

I cannot comment about the spectators that were ejected, as I was leaving the pitch a BC Soccer rep and one of our players that was previously ejected were recording each other on their phones, supposedly someone from the stands threw an empty plastic water bottle at the ref and accused the ejected InterEDC goalie of it but it was not him. At this point I just walked to the change room and the RCMP arrived to "investigate" the water bottle incident, 4 RCMP cars arrived, investigated for about an hour and left without doing anything.

Not sure why BC Soccer assigned youth linesmen to an A cup competition, I get we are old, the pace isn't as fast as it is in the open competitions but these kids that were assigned to the game were put in a horrible situation and at the end of the day each linesmen made decisions that had a major impact on the game. It would have been a great game if it would have been 11v11 for a full 90, could have would have should have, I know...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait... cops were called for a thrown PLASTIC water bottle? Fcuk me, someone is soft as fcuk!

Agreed on youth linos for a masters game. Egos are larger at that stage of a playing career I think and not being able to do what you could before makes for some explosive situations. I quit masters because of this very reason.

That and someone threw a paper cup my way, fcuking asshole.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
QF Schedule

Friday April 29

Langley (FVSL) vs Slurrey (FVSL) KO 8:30PM @ Willoughby

Saturday April 30
Pomo (VMSL) vs Cowichan (VISL) KO 12:00PM @ Trasolini Turf
Peg (VMSL) vs (Vic West (VISL) KO 1:00PM @ Newton Athletic Park

Sunday May 1
UVic Alumni (VISL) vs Columbus (VMSL) KO 2:00PM @ Centennial Stadium

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was quite the scene, here's an abbreviated version of the events that took place from my point of view as I was on the field for the full 90 + 20 of extra time added:

- InterEDC goalie was given a red card about 5 minutes in to the game for supposedly making a save outside of the 18. According to the 16 year old lino he was outside of the box, ref gave a straight red. Tempers flared and a bunch of yellows were given to several InterEDC players, game stopped for about 10 minutes while the referee attempted to take control which he failed miserably at. At this point in time the ref said to me that he would not tolerate any talking to the linesmen as they are "youth" - Any talking will result in a yellow and any cursing of any sort would result in a straight red.

- Game carried on after things settled down. Score was 0-0 at half
- 10 mins in to the second half, InterEDC with 10 men took a 1-0 lead.
- With about 20 to go a ball gets cleared off the InterEDC line off a header from a corner kick, none of the players on the field reacted as the ball did not go in the net, the play resumed for about 10 seconds, then suddenly after some yelling from the Columbus bench whom was next to the linesmen, the lino puts up the flag and points towards the middle of the field, the ref then signals a goal, that was the 1-1. Tempers flared once more and multiple yellows are handed out and a second red was given to an InterEDC player. I personally asked the lino if the ball crossed the line as I was the one that cleared it, very calmly asked him what he saw and how could the ball have been in the next when I was standing outside of the post , he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulder with no explanation, I just walked away.
- After another delay, game resumed and Columbus scored the 2-1 goal with about 10 to go and then added the insurance near the end of the game.
- More shenanigans towards the end, an InterEDC players yelled at the lino on the other side of the asking what the f%#$ he was doing, a straight red, InterEDC down to 8 players. The InterEDC manager on the bench also got a red for yelling at the ref.

I cannot comment about the spectators that were ejected, as I was leaving the pitch a BC Soccer rep and one of our players that was previously ejected were recording each other on their phones, supposedly someone from the stands threw an empty plastic water bottle at the ref and accused the ejected InterEDC goalie of it but it was not him. At this point I just walked to the change room and the RCMP arrived to "investigate" the water bottle incident, 4 RCMP cars arrived, investigated for about an hour and left without doing anything.

Not sure why BC Soccer assigned youth linesmen to an A cup competition, I get we are old, the pace isn't as fast as it is in the open competitions but these kids that were assigned to the game were put in a horrible situation and at the end of the day each linesmen made decisions that had a major impact on the game. It would have been a great game if it would have been 11v11 for a full 90, could have would have should have, I know...

Calmly asking the lino if the ball went across the line in any division....
Golden Harvest No GIF by Warner Archive

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking like an all Island final. ;)

Is Jamie Lowery still playing for Vic West? :D

You won't have a problem with Peg - They have some stupid young kid running the midfield there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0