Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Nations Cup

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 32nd Annual Nations Cup will be held on July 15 - 17th at Hugh Boyd Complex in Richmond.

We are working towards another fantastic tournament this summer and hope everyone comes out and enjoys the amazing Soccer and Beer Garden.

We will be holding another Qualifying Tournament this year on May 27th and May 29th for the last spot in the Men's Open Draw. Here is the Schedule for these games:

May 27th at 9:00pm at Hugh Boyd Turf #1 - France vs Saudi Arabia
May 27th at 9:00pm at Hugh Boyd Turf #2 - Uganda vs Japan

The two winners will play on May 29th at Hugh Boyd Turf #1 at 5:00pm

At the conclusion of the Qualifying Tournament we will hold the draw for the main tournament at the Committee Tent.

I will continue to post details of the Tournament here and on our FaceBook account, as well as updates on our Twitter account.

Cheers, Lean

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Geezer, did you actually get people to play for you on team France??? How did you pay your entry fee? On a cheque that bounces like all your other fees?

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Games tonight at Hugh Boyd at 9:00pm

Turf #1 - France vs Saudi Arabia
Turf #2 - Uganda vs Japan

Remember the live draw will be done on Sunday after the Qualifying Tournament Final

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saudi Arabia beat France (who really had no business being there) about 9 - Nil. France got a straight red in the first half.

Africa beat Japan 3 - 1. Japan showed well and would be a decent team in the tournament, but were up against a tough opponent last night. Hopefully they come back to try to qualify again in the future.

Saudi v Africa in the Qualification Final. 5pm kick-off Sunday at Hugh Boyd.

Willy

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a fantastic save to thwart the Saudi's, Uganda go on to win it with a goal in the last minute to qualify for this years event.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draw for the 32nd Nations Cup Tournament

OPEN
Group 1 India, Fiji, Canada, Croatia
Group 2 England, China, Germany, First Nations
Group 3 Ireland, Greece, Iran, Scotland
Group 4 Portugal, Italy, Caribbean, Africa

WOMENS
Group 1 Canada, Ireland, First Nations 1, Portugal
Group 2 England, First Nations 2, Scotland, India

MENS O-30's
Group 1 Scotland, China, Italy, England
Group 2 Germany, Ireland, India, Portugal

MENS O-38's
Group 1 China, Poland, Fiji, Canada
Group 2 India, Ireland, Scotland, Germany

MENS O-45's
Group 1 Scotland, Poland, First Nations, Canada
Group 2 England, India, China, Ireland

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Qualifier Final last night was very entertaining.

The Saudi team took the lead midway through the first half on a penalty, with both teams creating chances throughout. The second half had the African team come out with some urgency and put the Saudis under pressure. A jinky run down the left side 10mins into the second half results in a good shot and save by the Saudi keeper but the rebond lands on the foot of the African striker and the game is tied at 1-1.

Both teams continued their attacking and a few glorious chances were missed by both sides. The Saudi team had a 3 on 1 with about 8mins left only to be left wanting by a fantastic save by the African keeper. With under 2mins to play the ball was again played down the left of the African side. A strike worthy of winning any final was hit with the left foot that screamed into the top corner.

Africa wins a great game and advances into the main tournament but I believe that won't be the last we hear from this Saudi Arabia team. There are a number of teams in the main draw that should be on notice, that there are quality sides that would love to take their place. Fielding a very competitve side has become much more important and going winless like Scotland, Canada and First Nations last year will not go unnoticed.

The draw is complete and the complete schedule will be out in the next week or so.

Cheers, Lean

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fielding a very competitve side has become much more important and going winless like Scotland, Canada and First Nations last year will not go unnoticed.

So what are the consequences?

Set them now so everyone knows upfront (w/ Reed & Thomo)!

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe we have made it clear teams that do not meet the competitive standards of the tournament may be subject to re-qualifying. Korea has struggled for the last couple of years to field a competitive team, thus their removal and running of the Qualifying Tournament.

Removal from the tournament may also occur when not fielding a complete squad for the entire tournament. Greece in the Over 30's has been replaced this year with Portugal because of their actions last year. The demand is very high to get into the tournament and we hope teams value their spot. We don't expect teams to field professional sides but we want people to respect the integrity of the tournament whether it is Friday night under the lights or Sunday morning after you have been mathematically eliminated.

Cheers, Lean

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, you used Scotland as an example for going winless which is a far cry from teams not showing up... hence it seemed you were implying if Scotland were to go winless again they could very well not be back the following year.

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Respect the integrity of the tournament? The Nations Cup is a absolute joke when it comes to playing integrity. They have players suiting up for 3 different nations in 3 different years. They really need to clamp down on teams poaching players to "maintain" the integrity of the tourny.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nations Cup is far and away the best tournament of the summer. If some teams poach players, that's unfortunate, but it is an amateur tournament with no money on the line, so I'm not complaining and I think there are a lot more people that enjoy the tournament just the way it is then people who think it's a joke.

Just saying

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
gomesy,

Don't get me wrong, I love this tournament. I have played in it many times myself. But as Lean mentioned to respect the integrety of the tournament, is a joke. It is a great weekend with tons of good football and laughs, but a tournament of Nations, I think not!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
define Integrity...

I'm a plug and therefore not good enough to play in this tourney, but I love coming out for a pint to watch as it's good football and excellent beer gardens.

Nobody wants to see someone get shelled 8-0 cause they're eliminated from the tourney and they show up with 8 guys for their last game.

I don't care if someone has played for Scotland, Germany, and Canada in 3 consecutive years.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, I take great offense to people calling this tournament a joke. We have put in a great deal of time and effort to continue the success of the Nations Cup founders. We are always trying to improve on the previous year and have put more things in place to ensure the sides are following the rules. BUT it is ultimately the team managers that are responsible for picking a team that meets the ethnic requirements.

Ask the India team what would happen if they field a non-indian player!! Their community would not accept it and neither should any other community that is represented in the tournament.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, you used Scotland as an example for going winless which is a far cry from teams not showing up... hence it seemed you were implying if Scotland were to go winless again they could very well not be back the following year.

2010 Results

Scotland 0 wins, 0 ties, 3 losses - 1 goal scored with 13 against
Canada 0 wins, 0 ties, 3 losses - 0 goals scored with 5 against
First Nations 0 wins, 0 ties, 3 losses - 2 goals scored with 10 against

Two years in a row with these kinds of results may get you in the Qualifier!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0