Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 WC - Group B (Predictions/Comments/et...)

Who will win Group B???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who will win Group B?? Thoughts on the group??

England
Paraguay
Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1- Sweden
2- England

Kevin Hector Englands goalkeeping will let them down! Just like Brazil's.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Sweden to win (bork, bork, bork)

That's funny :p Chef from Muppets...it's runnin' through my head now!

England will dominate this pool...

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Alex Ferguson is unsure as to whether Wayne Rooney will be fit enough to take part in the World Cup, but the United boss admits he is not holding out much hope at the moment.

The 20-year-old striker's fractured metatarsal in his right foot is set to keep him out of action for six weeks, the exact period of time between now and the start of the tournament.

Sir Alex is devastated for his young protégé and believes his absence will be a "crippling blow" to England's chances in the competition if he fails to recover in time.

"When you see brave players staying down after a tackle you know it’s genuine and he’s in pain and that’s what I felt with Wayne," explained the United boss referring to the moment Rooney collapsed in agony at Stamford Bridge.

"At first we didn’t think it was too bad, but when we sent him for the scan it identified the problem and we realised what a blow it was for the boy and for England.

"Fortunately for us we'll only be without him for two games, but without doubt it’s a crippling blow for England.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!! First the Euro Cup and now the BIG SHOW!!!

striker14

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 79

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This info assists in my theory that T&T might be able to win a game in their pool!:eek:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LONDON (AP) - It looks like David Beckham will no longer be England captain after the World Cup.

Steve McClaren will take over from Sven-Goran Eriksson at the start of August and, when the question of Beckham's captaincy was raised at his first news conference on Thursday, he didn't exactly give the Real Madrid star a ringing endorsement.

''That is something I don't want to discuss here,'' he told reporters. ''I don't think it's right to discuss here. We have got a World Cup coming up. That's my sole focus and attention on the squad and giving Sven my full support and backing.

''He's captain at the present moment under Sven.''

Eriksson made Beckham the England captain early in his five-year reign as coach and there is a growing feeling that other players - such as Chelsea centerback John Terry or Liverpool's Steven Gerrard - might be better suited to the role.

At age 30, Beckham is almost certainly playing his last World Cup starting on June 9, and may not even be around as a player at Euro 2008, McClaren's first tournament in sole charge.

The Middlesbrough manager, who has been Eriksson's assistant on a part-time basis for five years, has signed a four-year contract with the Football Association. Although he doesn't yet want to divulge his plans, he is likely to have his own ideas once Eriksson departs after the World Cup.

It's about time...GIVE IT TO OWEN!!!

striker14

May 13, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a very powerful England team. It even seems that Robinson in goal will add a needed stability in net that they were a little shaky with in past tournaments. Do not be the least bit surprised if they win it all. They are incredibly solid and in my humble Greek opinion, they have the best chance to lift the trophy since '66.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they have the best chance to lift the trophy since '66

...in other words, they still won't win it. Possibly one of the most talented rosters (on paper) in the big show, but they just can't get it together (see all previous England showings since 1966).

As stated previously, Swedish chefs to win the group (bork, bork, bork). Larsson and Ibrahimovic to cause fits for other defences in the group. Paraguay to sneak in to the 2nd spot, as Becks takes himself and the Pommies out by getting himself another dumb red. T & T (thanks for coming out) will host the best parties and their fans will have the best time of all groups there (except the Brasileños when they win the whole thing), but unfortunately for them and CONCACAF, are a bit too outmatched on the pitch.

Trece

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max Blink,

Your pops and I played on the Trinidad Allstar team together this past weekend. We lost to Canada by an Aussie rules score of 9-8 :eek:

Jilks told me to contact you re: where we'll hook up after you guys view the matches while in Germany... since I'll be there too.

But now I can say... I'll see you at the match(es) since I officially have some tickets:wa:

Trinidad vs. Sweden :wa: BABY :) :D :bronco: :knvb: ;) :eek: :wa:

+onematchdownmanymoreticketstogoSC:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0