Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2005-2006 Div 2 Provisional Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fury - Fazio is the only guy off that team that is any good but he's injured all the time...

Socceroos - are terrible and will always wil be.

Belmont - same team with a couple additions. Still a gritty team that can score and will hover around the top.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone have a clue what happened with the former Westside C-Men? They seem to have broken their affiliation with Westside since they now call themselves C-Men United. If they are now independent, why stick with the letter C? Maybe they just like the sound of it; I'm certainly amused every time I hear someone mention "Semen United".
As for the Latte Boys from Yaletown, we'll start thinking about football again once the weather forces us to park our European convertibles for the winter. Expect us to turn out in mid-October.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Fury - Fazio is the only guy off that team that is any good but he's injured all the time....

ya he has played all summer and will help us upfront for sure...
other than that i cant say i know much about who's coming over but we should have a much better team with a few other aquisitions and guys back from injury...good to see the fury -belmont rivalry continues!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
I missed you Strainer. I will hold you to paying our league dues.
BTW Have you checked out the teams in our group.....even you could be an impact player in group C
Enjoy the CAT. Meeooowww
Roo Mate. You are confusing Winter season with Summer.........This season counts and all the players come out. So your squad now moves down the pecking order.

As our A squad is in the C grouping I have to agree it is a weeker group. With the Roos it is even weeker!! I don't see the roos beating PCOV or Sporting Punjab. There are two teams that will finish above you. I'm nt sure if you know.....there is no playoff for promotion. You have to finish 1st.

I will tell you this though. I'll show up to watch the Roos vs C Men UTD. That will be a match to see

OneRun

Aug 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Boyz,

Isn't it about time that the entire JBs team went up to Over 35s?

Then maybe I'd see you in Victoria for the Western Canadian finals!

Later,
OneRun

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OneRun said:
Hey Boyz,
Isn't it about time that the entire JBs team went up to Over 35s?

You guys are too good...No seriously, you are. :D
I am acutally afraid that as soon as I make the switch, my age is going to catch up to my body. As long as I don't associate with you old fcuks I am still O.K. right? :D

We have decided that we will remain in Div 2 until we break what must be a record, 7 straight ties with Richmond over 3 seasons(TS..Remember that game at King George where you clawed back into the game after being down 3 goals) We should get some bookies working on some odds....

With the latest release of the Alignment, Group A appears to pretty competive, with Signmaster, Belmont, Ravens and Fury being the on-paper favorites. Group B has JimBeam, Primo(Got the monkey off their back in Kamloops with a few victories), Nomads with NK being the dark horse after their cinderella cup run. Group C, should be a tight race between Real Mcdonald and EW Socceroos...for last place. PCOV(Portugal) and Punjab-'Canes should battle for top spot here... One month to go to before the talk stops...

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Does anyone have a clue what happened with the former Westside C-Men? They seem to have broken their affiliation with Westside since they now call themselves C-Men United. If they are now independent, why stick with the letter C? Maybe they just like the sound of it; I'm certainly amused every time I hear someone mention "Semen United".
As for the Latte Boys from Yaletown, we'll start thinking about football again once the weather forces us to park our European convertibles for the winter. Expect us to turn out in mid-October.

They left the club because no one could relate to their losing ways on and off the pitch!!! So long losers!!!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
With the latest release of the Alignment, Group A appears to pretty competive, with Signmaster, Belmont, Ravens and Fury being the on-paper favorites. Group B has JimBeam, Primo(Got the monkey off their back in Kamloops with a few victories), Nomads with NK being the dark horse after their cinderella cup run. Group C, should be a tight race between Real Mcdonald and EW Socceroos...for last place. PCOV(Portugal) and Punjab-'Canes should battle for top spot here... One month to go to before the talk stops...
Absolutely A is the tough group. Some fairly even squads there. I don't see Signmaster having the run they had last year. They will contend but always be just out of it. I'm Guessing a little but I think Fury will take it. Belmont will battle their way right to the end and could win it with the right additions over the summer.

Group B - JB's or Primo's to win. I don't think Nomads will be as win as many games as last year. They have had a break-a-way group that has formed the Green Devils so they will be missing a couple of key guys and a few guys that may not be stars but win the games for you. NK will be NK and finnish in the middle because of too many stupid points dropped.

Group C - You have it pegged. Bombatic will have a solid squad with some of the older boys taking a back seat for some new talent. BFC will not win the group but teams will worry about playing them. Yaletown could be the darkhorse here to place in the top 4 and if things fall right for the Green Devils they will take points but most likely only from the bottom dwellers.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Group C - You have it pegged. Bombatic will have a solid squad with some of the older boys taking a back seat for some new talent. BFC will not win the group but teams will worry about playing them. Yaletown could be the darkhorse here to place in the top 4 and if things fall right for the Green Devils they will take points but most likely only from the bottom dwellers.

I notice Bombastic has a U21 squad. Is this team made up of younger players in the club last season, or is it a graduating youth team that you've taken under the Bombastic name?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat - as a guy who is trying to make that team I have to say they do not have a chance. :p

B-united is going to win it all, them or those weird looking primos or what ever their naem is. uhmmmm any other way I can start sum shizzle up in here?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
I notice Bombastic has a U21 squad. Is this team made up of younger players in the club last season, or is it a graduating youth team that you've taken under the Bombastic name?
Dezza,

Our Club is evolving a little this year. Time to put a full system in place. The U 21 Team is a group of graduating Youths and a few older additions to make sure they don't get bounced around too much. They played all summer together as BFC U21 in the West Coast Summer Leauge and did fairly well.

BFC now consists of 3 Men's teams, a U 21 Team and 2 Women's teams. The only goal now is to get our A team up to Div 1. I think we are a year away but who knows.....We could be 2 away:D

On the Men's side of things a few of us are getting older so we thought with the U 21 side it will give the club a good chance of survival in the Future. You will see one of our CAT Teams evolve into a Masters Team in two years maybe. If not we will just be an old team playing against young'ns

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the NK failure contingent on you (FCbytca) successfully making the team?

Watch out for the Watcher....he is now at a svelt 180 pounds (from the waist up).

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
NK Hrvat - as a guy who is trying to make that team I have to say they do not have a chance. :p

you're not saying much with that comment about your abilities. if you can't make a team that doesn't have a chance, good luck making any other team.

managers beware of FCbytca when he can't crack the NK squad

manager

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Dezza,

Our Club is evolving a little this year. Time to put a full system in place. The U 21 Team is a group of graduating Youths and a few older additions to make sure they don't get bounced around too much. They played all summer together as BFC U21 in the West Coast Summer Leauge and did fairly well.

BFC now consists of 3 Men's teams, a U 21 Team and 2 Women's teams. The only goal now is to get our A team up to Div 1. I think we are a year away but who knows.....We could be 2 away:D

On the Men's side of things a few of us are getting older so we thought with the U 21 side it will give the club a good chance of survival in the Future. You will see one of our CAT Teams evolve into a Masters Team in two years maybe. If not we will just be an old team playing against young'ns

Georgie,

I hear you're touting the services of a tall centerback/midfielder who resembles Gerrard....in name only maybe

manager

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear you're touting the services of a tall centerback/midfielder who resembles Gerrard....in name only maybe
Mark who?:D Then again, one of the stipulations to play for Bombastic is that you have to be named Mark....:rolleyes:

Useful player in the back; he's great in the air (should be, at 6'4"). I've been playing with him for most of the summer on our company team (speaking of which, GhostRider, what the heck happened to you?). Team him up with a fast sweeper, and you've got a good combination for the back end of most teams...

back to our regularly scheduled programming,

stew:cool:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Bonefish, I see you lurking, where is the JB update? You guys find a goalie yet? Are the same characters with the team (i.e. Legs, Campbell, Senior, etc.). Where is the info?

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Mark who?:D Then again, one of the stipulations to play for Bombastic is that you have to be named Mark....:rolleyes:

Useful player in the back; he's great in the air (should be, at 6'4"). I've been playing with him for most of the summer on our company team (speaking of which, GhostRider, what the heck happened to you?). Team him up with a fast sweeper, and you've got a good combination for the back end of most teams...

back to our regularly scheduled programming,

stew:cool:

Oh, that company team...i was going to play there this year. Mark and I are in the same role at BOBJ. with him in the back you should have a solid d-line...he can pretty much play anywhere on the pitch.

cheers,

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Well Bonefish, I see you lurking, where is the JB update? You guys find a goalie yet? Are the same characters with the team (i.e. Legs, Campbell, Senior, etc.). Where is the info?
Lurk Lurk Lurk....

The same characters are back for the most part, We will actually have more of the services of Senior(a good thing) to work the middle of the park. We are losing Greg(knee), Raf(commitments), but are picking up a strong Mid/Defensive type player. Goalkeeper, are you kidding, until I go on strike there is never serious efforts at solving that riddle. Barring any late defections, we should be in good shape to compete at the top of what should be a pretty competetive group. We may need to add 2 bodies and hopefully 1 will be a keeper with skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0