Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They'll have to wait until the CIS season is over to get any actual help from UBC.

Whatever red shirts they might have in the squad have been there from Day 1.

Are you still called a red shirt when you fly to and play in Saskatchewan on Friday and then play a VMSL game on Sunday? :confused:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you still called a red shirt when you fly to and play in Saskatchewan on Friday and then play a VMSL game on Sunday? :confused:

Dunno, I guess you'd have to ask Mosher.

All I know is Westside is hoping to be able to keep pace with the other teams in Prem and not get left behind when the CIS players disperse throughout the league at the beginning of November.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Mosher letting his players play VMSL in addition to CIS? That's surprising

Well there's a roster of 28, but only 20 have played significant minutes (i.e. more than 90 minutes total after 13 matches), so it would make sense to have those other 8 guys get some competitive minutes somewhere in case you need to call upon them later.

The huge roster trend seems to be common across most mens + womens CIS teams (I count more than 30 on TWU!!), while the college programs are somewhat leaner with 21-23. It would just suck to be one of the half-dozen or so guys on the bottom of a CIS roster, burning a year of eligibility and not actually getting to play CIS matches.

I'm not actually sure if they still have official "redshirts", or if just having massive rosters and not playing some of the guys is the same thing...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
These days with turf etc you need massive rosters. So many injuries happen etc.
We have 26 guys on paper and I think 13-14 are healthy Or available at the moment.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@dezza what happened to the reshirt team that was playing in the VMSL? Erwin was coaching I believe? Is that part of your club?

No, that was the Westside CAT team circa 2009-2013, but realistically if you were a "redshirt" there you were never going to make UBC Varisty. You needed to be at least playing on their Prem/Div1 team. They moved away from that setup over the last few years, and with @Canucks4Ever running the show made the jump from CAT to Div3 this season.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thursday means time for weekend predictions, but the two bigger questions are: Who will take @Regs Dirty Money this week? (almost like charity isn't it?? ;)) &Will Surrey Utd. be 0-4 in the FVSL????

Meanwhile in the VMSL:

West Van v Pacific
Pacific finally proved me right last week after being thumped by winless, newly promoted Westside. West Van meanwhile were busy knocking off the Provincial Champions on the road. No brainer at Ambleside Friday night.

EDC v Croatia
Chile had a tough run out against Metro Ford last weekend, as no doubt almost everyone will this year. They had lost two close games before that and seemed to be close to putting it all together, but at 0-3 it will be important to get a off to a solid start this week. An early goal for the Croatians could easily see the heads drop and Croatia have been free scoring of late so an early goal wouldn't be a surprise. It's a case of in form vs out of form, I'll take Croatia.

Rovers Tigers v North Delta
A big stumble at home last week for ND and it carries over with their star winger suspended. Soolsma and the boys seem stalled as well, but an undermanned newly promoted side might be just what the doctor ordered. First real measuring stick for North Delta against a team with some top level talent. That being said, what sort of head space are the Rover's mercenaries in after two weeks without a win? I really don't know which way to go on this one, so I'll default to the star power and say Tigers go back to winning ways.

Pegasus v Inter
Peg are gearing up for a cross country trek to Nationals, so you will forgive them if their minds are focused elsewhere at the moment. Inter enjoyed a week off with a PPD, but weren't exactly lighting the world on fire prior to that after being shelled by Tigers Week 1 and then squeaking one out vs Chile. The Surrey boys will be desperate to leave for Newfoundland on the right note and I think they have the quality to do just that.

Richmond v Metro Ford
Richmond has played tenaciously in their first two matches this season, but this is pretty much just a formality at this point isn't it?? Metro Ford look different class this season.

Columbus v Westside
MOTW I guess (either this or maybe Tigers v ND?? Truthfully, nothing really jumps off the fixture list this week...). Two promoted teams with plenty of history duking it out in the only Saturday match of the weekend. Both teams got their first wins of the season last time out in convincing fashion and have to have their tales up at least a bit with the prospect of back to back wins on offer. These teams went right to the wire in Div 1 last season with Westside knicking the points in the final match down at Empire. No doubt the Italians will be up for revenge as they look to leave their promotion cousins in the dust behind them. Hopefully this plays out as a cracker of a game between two well matched sides. As for a winner, Westside came out on top in the most recent clash between these two and Columbus needed a man advantage to really hit their stride last week so perhaps I'll give a slight edge to the visitors, definitely could go either way though.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thursday means time for weekend predictions, but the two bigger questions are: Who will take @Regs Dirty Money this week? (almost like charity isn't it?? ;)) &Will Surrey Utd. be 0-4 in the FVSL????

Meanwhile in the VMSL:

West Van v Pacific
Pacific finally proved me right last week after being thumped by winless, newly promoted Westside. West Van meanwhile were busy knocking off the Provincial Champions on the road. No brainer at Ambleside Friday night.

EDC v Croatia
Chile had a tough run out against Metro Ford last weekend, as no doubt almost everyone will this year. They had lost two close games before that and seemed to be close to putting it all together, but at 0-3 it will be important to get a off to a solid start this week. An early goal for the Croatians could easily see the heads drop and Croatia have been free scoring of late so an early goal wouldn't be a surprise. It's a case of in form vs out of form, I'll take Croatia.

Rovers Tigers v North Delta
A big stumble at home last week for ND and it carries over with their star winger suspended. Soolsma and the boys seem stalled as well, but an undermanned newly promoted side might be just what the doctor ordered. First real measuring stick for North Delta against a team with some top level talent. That being said, what sort of head space are the Rover's mercenaries in after two weeks without a win? I really don't know which way to go on this one, so I'll default to the star power and say Tigers go back to winning ways.

Pegasus v Inter
Peg are gearing up for a cross country trek to Nationals, so you will forgive them if their minds are focused elsewhere at the moment. Inter enjoyed a week off with a PPD, but weren't exactly lighting the world on fire prior to that after being shelled by Tigers Week 1 and then squeaking one out vs Chile. The Surrey boys will be desperate to leave for Newfoundland on the right note and I think they have the quality to do just that.

Richmond v Metro Ford
Richmond has played tenaciously in their first two matches this season, but this is pretty much just a formality at this point isn't it?? Metro Ford look different class this season.

Columbus v Westside
MOTW I guess (either this or maybe Tigers v ND?? Truthfully, nothing really jumps off the fixture list this week...). Two promoted teams with plenty of history duking it out in the only Saturday match of the weekend. Both teams got their first wins of the season last time out in convincing fashion and have to have their tales up at least a bit with the prospect of back to back wins on offer. These teams went right to the wire in Div 1 last season with Westside knicking the points in the final match down at Empire. No doubt the Italians will be up for revenge as they look to leave their promotion cousins in the dust behind them. Hopefully this plays out as a cracker of a game between two well matched sides. As for a winner, Westside came out on top in the most recent clash between these two and Columbus needed a man advantage to really hit their stride last week so perhaps I'll give a slight edge to the visitors, definitely could go either way though.

Nicely done. You seem to bang on every week. I guess only Campo has escaped your predictions.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would Campo be included in premier predictions?
He has been doing very thoughtful and accurate predictions for Division 1 and Premier for some time now.
He just has been missing when it comes to Campo (three in a row this time) and quite a few last season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then comment in the Div 1 thread regarding Campo.

You do not belong here in Premier.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're so daft. Premier predictions get posted in the premier thread and you decide to comment about Campo. Do you see how you are?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh... I see. I should have commented in Premier you make very good assessments and deliver accurate predictions.
Then go to the Division 1 thread, and then do the same. Then add. However, there is only one team which you have been consistently under-estimating.
Should we create separate a thread so we can make comments that involves multiple divisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0