Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL] Div 1 2022/2023 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that this is just phase 1. The following year they will look to expand to 20 teams (2 groups of 10). This is exactly how div1 used to be about 10-15 years ago and it was watered down kick and run soccer by half the teams. The whole idea of a pyramid is less teams at the top and more teams at each level down. Having 20 in div1 and 20 in div2 does not accomplish this.

To address the issues stated regarding length of schedule for div2 the league would be better off increasing div2 to have 3 groups of 10.
I played many years in both formats and the two groups was not very good quality. Makes much more sense to make div 2, 3 groups of 10.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any time you split any division into two (or more) pools, you are watering down the quality of that division.

Another issue is that you simply cannot divide one division into two (or more) pools that are of a similar quality. Two or three very strong teams could end up playing in one pool while the other pool could be rather very week which means that quite a weak team could be promoted at the end of the season simply because it was placed in a weaker pool.

Bottom line, if you want to have at least a decent quality in every division – do NOT split them into pools!

Pools, in my opinion, should exist only at the lowest division. Premier, Division 1, Division 2, and Division 3 should be without pools; 12 teams in each division (48 teams).

Division 4 can have as many pools as necessary but only two teams from Division 4 should be promoted. Currently, that means that approximately 48 teams would be in Division 4 (4 Pools). At the end of the season, 4 winners of each pool, could play a play-off to get two teams which would be promoted to Division 3.

Everyone should vote against that proposal to split Division 1 into two pools.

Fool4Gabagool

Feb 13, 2023
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that this is just phase 1. The following year they will look to expand to 20 teams (2 groups of 10). This is exactly how div1 used to be about 10-15 years ago and it was watered down kick and run soccer by half the teams. The whole idea of a pyramid is less teams at the top and more teams at each level down. Having 20 in div1 and 20 in div2 does not accomplish this.

To address the issues stated regarding length of schedule for div2 the league would be better off increasing div2 to have 3 groups of 10.

Completely agree. What do you think are the chances of the proposal getting rejected by the members? I will obviously be voting no.

jmd

Sep 12, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
as one of the teams that would be benefiting from this and getting promoted, I am completely against this. I actually really like the idea @FC Red Star mentioned that pools should only be at the lowest level. This is only going to water down the division even more. One of the positives for me in VMSL has been that Prem/Div1/Div2 are very significant differences in quality (overall, obviously exceptions here an there). The moment you start watering this down, the reputation gets closer and closer to what we are currently seeing from FVSL.

Liam O'Dowd

Jan 24, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Evening lads! Speaking of canvassing, I decided last minute to put my name forward a role on the VMSL Board of Directors, there’s 3 guys up for re-election and I’m hoping to nab a spot. The AGM is on shortly and if you could contact your club representative to let them know, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Liam

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
does serbia narps play lobbans now in a playoff for the div 1 spot or was that decided before?

Fool4Gabagool

Feb 13, 2023
Tokens
Dirty Money
does serbia narps play lobbans now in a playoff for the div 1 spot or was that decided before?
I was wondering the same thing. Also wondering how the teams in the div 1 pools are going to be decided. Will they be seeded? I wonder what the odds of them actually rethinking this are. I strongly agreed with Rob’s proposal last night of having 3 div 2 pools.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It certainly needs to be looked at better. The case for too many games in div 2 with provincials so lets adjust but don't touch premier who plays the same amount of games and provincials seemed hypocritical.

Fool4Gabagool

Feb 13, 2023
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know if the realignment is actually happening? Looks like Serbia Narps and Bingers Whistler are still registered in Div 2 for 2023/24 season.

Fool4Gabagool

Feb 13, 2023
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have any updates regarding the div 1 “realignment? ” Looks like the squads that were said to be automatically promoted are registered in div 2 still for next year.

ltlftc

Jul 23, 2023
Tokens
Dirty Money
Website updated with 16 teams.

From the league:
There will not be a Division 1 draw required. The league will be notifying Division 1 teams about the updated scheduling plan before the draw.

“Draw” here refers to Aug 1 draw for other divisions.

Attachments

• IMG_5519.jpeg
    IMG_5519.jpeg
    901.4 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0