Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Summer moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rummers are onother Sweed will be in Canucks uniform next fall. And a D from Slovakia.
I hope it is true. With letting Bieksa move to Toronto would bring us a power forward that we badly need.
With Raymonds speed lats of teams would go for him. He could bring in second power forward we need.
With Luo and Shinds god knows what will be done. All I know Gillis will lose lots of sleep if he want to keap his job. The sooner he starts making moves the better. Ballard will be with Salo from what I heard.
In my opinion Roy will be gone over the summer. All you Canucks fans do you guys think Luo should be asked to stay.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bieska isn't going anywhere..

You must not have watch Gillis in the past three seasons. He doesn't make big moves. Booth and Ballard will be bought out and this team will look very similar next season with one less goalie.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one move that needs to be made over all others is the GM needs to go.

Absolutely right! That guy has been actually trying to learn how to do GM job for the last 3 years.

If they buy out Booth and Ballard then that would be a reason more for Gillis to be gone. Are the owners really going to spend 8 mil and buy out players that actually Gillis brought to Vancouver!? And Gillis is going to keep his job!?

What about Luongo's contract? If you sign for 12 years worth 64 mil than stick to it because you will not be able to unload that contract. But no! After just 2 years he is trying to unload it thinking somebody else is stupid to cover for his mistakes so he can continue over and over again.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this stuff and the lack of results flows through his office. AV is actually a good coach but this guy has put him in this spot with the litany of bad moves, bad negotiations, and mismanagement. And now it is AV's fault? Like them or not, Burke and Nonis built this team and what has Gillis done since then? As a manager, has he ever heard of succession planning?

Fire the coach is the solution for him I bet, but the Canucks need a professional General Manager, and Gillis does not fit the bill, sorry.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M I agree with your post. Gillis is the reason AV and the club is o and four in the playoffs. In my opinion his drafting is the shits.
In this year draft there is few players with size to help the club. I am not sure if he will take any. Most likey he will go to US and get onother small player. Players he could get in this year draft are,Adam Tabellinni C 6'2",David Pope Lw 6'2",Erik Roy D 6'2",Dane Birks D 6'3",Adam Erne C 6'1",Brad Mccloure RW 6',Michael Rubry LW 6'2",Nick Moutry C 6'2,Jed Soleway C 6'2"',Ben Harpur D 6'4", Spencer Jensen 6'4" D,Nick Sorensen 6'1" RW,Justin Bailey RW 6'3", Jashua Brown 6'5" D. With a lower cap owner is not going to buy out Ballard and Booth. Someone will pickup Booth for nothing same will go for Ballard. In my opinion he has to draft bigger and stronger players to play against St Jose, La,Ducks and Sota. Gillis must sell Bieksa in orther to inprove top six. With young Corrado steping up and showing well that does give Gillis bit of leadway. Jared Hauf is one of those kids that could stepup and play in NHL. He is stay at home D very strong on defensive side. It is all about drafting. Young Tabellinni is the centre they need when Sadins leave. If he makes mistakes this year club will bottom out in next three years.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this stuff and the lack of results flows through his office. AV is actually a good coach but this guy has put him in this spot with the litany of bad moves, bad negotiations, and mismanagement. And now it is AV's fault? Like them or not, Burke and Nonis built this team and what has Gillis done since then? As a manager, has he ever heard of succession planning?

Fire the coach is the solution for him I bet, but the Canucks need a professional General Manager, and Gillis does not fit the bill, sorry.

Was Gillis putting Edler on the top PP and continuing to use him like a top D-man no matter how poor he played. At what point do you make a tough call and try and win with whoever is playing well. Did Gilles continue to put Kesler in every role over the years, top pp, top pk, banging and crashing, blocking shots( being injured every time we need him the most). Do we not have other players that can kill penalties? Did Gillis put Schneider in the pipes even though Bobby Lu was playing great? Not so sure he hasn't lost touch with this group and what's best for the team. Dont get me started on Ballard. 2 president trophy caliber teams, no Stanley Cup on his resume. He's a good not great coach.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljivi you do make sence. But the bottom line is coach is as good as the players he gets from the manager. In my opinion manager is High School level.Gillis needs to get him self older experianced guy to help him with draft. This is the biggest problem with him. Second problem he does not give chances to kids from farm team. There is no way team can go forward with out adding solid 6'3 centre to help. Kesler is the only guy that bust his balls each and every shift.
They must add big D man that loves to hit. Teams are shooting forty to fifty shots on our golies each and every game. To me that indicates lack of size and agression in our end.Zane Jones is a kid that could help, kids like that have to be drafted. He has no fear comming down the midle.I see twins and Swiden number one in the World chapionship. Go figure it out. In playoffs they were just avrage. I surly hope Gillis wakes up and makes a move.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you imagine if the Canucks had Toews and Kane and they had a grand total of ONE goal between them in the whole entire playoffs? I think we might riot.

Well, they do and Chicago is very much a favourite to go deep. I wonder if the radio boards are going nuts in Chicago that their two best players aren't producing? Maybe...I'm not there.

I just think that we absolutely suck as fans here in Vancouver. The model should be to knock on the door year after year (by having a good team) and once every few of those good years you will have a cup run. Not every year because you need a lot of luck (as in staying healthy) to go deep but if you are there sniffing around then you will get a chance at a cup.

Might as well blow up the team, fire the coach, fire the GM, trade everyone...what else?

Oh I wish for the days of barely making the playoffs or barely not making the playoffs or not even coming close to making the playoffs. Those days were way better. Please bring those days back.

How do we get THAT team again? You know that team? It had Cloutier in net and Brown on D and Cassels somewhere on the team...oh my god they were awesome!

So let's get Crawford and Pat Quinn and Bill Laforge and let's do this thing! COME ON VANCOUVER!

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watchec the iihf final today and what a game! Finally a game where skill stood out. The bigger ice surface is where it is at for the future of hockey. The new NHL is on a decline......

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two feet extra behind the goal and two feet wider on each side would do NHL lots of good. I still think icing has to be changed. Tomany guys get hurt. There is a guy on Swis National team that would fit Canucks nicley. Guy called Simond somthing a power forward. I see Canucks are thinking of adding enother Sweed on D in a first round of Draft. Kid by the last name Hagg. I just think they should go to North American kids with size and agression. Kids like Davis Vandane 6'4" 215 good play maker and a kid that can score.Loves to hit guys and loves to fight if need be. Future is in kids. Adding a kid like Swen Hoges or Henrik Samuelsson from US would give the club size and strength down the midle in a year or two or even sooner. Adding small guys will just send us home in first round next year again. A Clarkson is a must in off season. It realy does not matter if we have to give Bieksa. Club must make some bold moves.
They are spending far tomuch time on a farm club for next year. What the heck is wrong with Kelowna. I am sure city of Kelowna and BC gowernment could build a place in a year or two.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggest mistake Gillis made. AV was by far the winniest coach Canucks ever head. Owners must be totaly dumb to make a move like that. Coach gets them in to playoffs and more. Now they fire him. Next guy will be gone in a first year and Gillis with him. Chances of them making the playoff next year will be slim to none.
I gues that would be a reword for a good coach to fire him. With minatures Gillis added to him for playoofs.
Dumb dumb move it will cost them a year os AV pay. Ballard and Booth both usles onother 7 milion and Luo's contract. Now figure it out who the hell owners should have got rid of. Thanks AV for the years we watched Canucks win with you. Gillis go F your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0