Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs you are spot on. No pay no score. Even older guys understand that is the fact. Even Robbo might pay. Robbo is in some shyte neck deep. How the hell he will swim out it's up to Bob and four others. Nash knows the game I am not sure about the three umbros.
Road is very very slow and everthing that could go wrong went wrong. I still think Camilo is just a dumb sheep even if he can score goals. Robbo beter go to New Zeland and get two rough necks to help out. Some Latin boys like to sit on three chairs. Good thing Salgato is still around. It might give him a chance and youg Hurtado. There is hope yet. I have a better Right D than they will add to their side, just a phone call away.
Robbo should have a talk with Delrimple to get some input. Craig is been around here for a long time, he does know one or two good players.
Sad to see young man like Camilo do that to a club,than agin you can see his class. Sheep in a mans skin.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what affect this will have on our young guys. Camilo jumping ship, Mattocks bad mouthing the coach/organization and sticking around, doesn't make me think a guy like Manneh will be here long if he performs well next season, nor is it a great example for incoming players.

This all just after clearly taking our 3rd/last choice for a coach too. How does the management think they're doing an acceptable job.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
upload_2014-1-9_12-23-36.pngtylergreenFC
Many other #MLS teams announce they are signing players… #WhitecapsFC announce they are still upset and mad at Camilo
1/9/2014, 12:08 PM

TFC: DeRo today with Defoe and Bradley expected Monday....also seen today, photo of Camillo training with the Queretaro FC team on their website.

TFC can pull off moves like that FFS while we've lost track of our best player - suddenly Whitecaps looking very Mickey Mouse

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little off topic but Regs who is that girl and why does she look at me that way?

I'm a faithfull man, I'm a faithfull man, I'm a faithfull man.....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gordon Forrest has been announced as an assistant coach to Robbo

He was the U18 residency coach/manager/whatever-the-fcuk-its-called

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I called this offseason underwhelming so far I would be overselling it. I get the feeling we are going to see a bunch desperation moves and a hope that some of the youth will surprise us.

oh well atleast I found a good reason for twitter today.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After yesterday’s signings in TO, and the fact that training camp is just around the corner, and we currently have no established right back, no established left back, an unsigned captain, an unhappy bull in the middle, and now one golden boot and 22 goals less taken out of the production up front, I’m thinking we can all expect to see this youth movement we’ve all been hoping for take place. Fcuk me. I wonder if this offseason could have gone any poorer. Seriously, we should have a contest…because had a bomb dropped on the head office and wiped out the committee, I’d actually see that as a positive.
The four headed monster has to be awake now.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
People can vote with their wallets. Simple as that.

I am and wish a lot of other people would also.

My ticket rep asked why we weren't renewing and we simply told them as long as BL was in charge no more cash was coming to them (after the end of the 1st MLS season...STH since 2003 IIRC)

You can bitch and whine all you want about what's going on there, but I have no sympathy for anyone knowingly spending cash with that Organization and then being frustrated.

It's one thing to not get results and/or have an unlucky season, it's another thing to blow your own legs off before the season starts.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really doesn't matter who TFC sighn. Six milion for Bradley they have rocks in their heads. And the guy from Barcklay league is on a down swing same as Miller. Maybe year left in him maybe two. They will still be the shyts. As far as Caps. I really think with draft around the corner Caps can take care od our D problem. Pick number seven will yeald very good player. Second pick the smame. There is ten guys on that combine that can step in and be one of the better players. As far as Camilo. Move on, bluddy sheep should be forgatten. It just gives a chance to one of the youngsters here. Caps U23 has got one good young player. He can stap in and help out. I am sure Bob and Robbo will figure it out. I will go and see Robbo to see if I can add one of the guys to his roster. Mature D that Caps need. Yet not old and very good size. Good foot skill.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, what gives you the impression that the picks will have impact?
Last year pick 7 was a defender for Dallas: Walker Zimmerman, and played in 7 matches. The Caps got Hurtado at 4 & Manneh at 3. Did Hurtado have a huge impact? Debatable. Manneh has shown flashes of brilliance, but has had ZERO consistency.
2012: Nick DeLeon went 7 in 2012 and has been a good part for a bad DCU team, 7 goals in 49 games. We got Matocks at 2nd overall that year.
2011: Kofi Sarkodie went 7th to Houston, has 50 games in 3 seasons and is an average squad player. Caps had Salgado first overall.

In those 3 drafts the Caps had higher picks than 7th, with only Mattocks having any relevant impact, and for only one brief spell...the guys at 7 have been average at best, except DeLeon, who has been on a VERY bad team.

What makes you think it's different this year?

Also the Caps drafting has been woeful compared to the other teams in the league (Remind of the Canucks at all?) The 12 picks they've made are as follows:
Salgado, Nanchoff, Brovsky, Duckett, Mattocks, Estridge, Manneh & Hurtado,

Don't let the facts stand in the way of making another useless post though... and make sure you "Go see Robbo" I'm sure he hasn't got anything better to do.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I'm going to come to the defence of Manneh. He was very consistent as a striker, once he got his shot. When he suited up early in the season, we saw those flashes...brilliant foot skills, a very good awareness and intelligence for the game, and a cracker of a shot. What he lacked was confidence...in himself, and from the staff. When he finally got his shot later in the season, and Rennie had his back against the wall, he used the kid. Great pick, IMHO, and I await with baited breath to watch the Cap's fcuk him up. He's the real deal. He needs a partner to be effective, someone that is a legitimate threat.

Hurtado...hasn't panned out. He's lacks the intelligence and poise to play at the top level. Maybe he'll grow, who know...but he's definitely one of those players that needs time in the USL for seasoning.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and on Salgado, easy to poo poo that pick now, even thought the book hasn't been written on him yet, but he would have gone top 3 that year, anyhow. It's not like the Cap's were gambling on a well kept secret and blew their load prematurely...he was, and is, a very legitimate blue-chip prospect. I'm really excited for him this season. Hopefully he can stay uninjured, because the opportunity for him is golden right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0