Staff member
Total Bastard
Est
Jun 28, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just came across this:

I dunno man, part of me sees this as the beginning of the end... not too many things go according to plan when the youth side of BC Soccer gets their mitts into something?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also going to leave a distinct advantage to one ethic group in particular while at the same time leaving out a bunch of good players.

I dunno....another generation here and another generation once removed from their parents or grandparents heritage, with the exception of the Asian communities. The Nations Cup has way less relevance.

bulljive

Est
Nov 19, 2003
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can this good players not play for this crazy team called “Canada.”

knvb

Est
Aug 17, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think if I read my email right last week it's supposed to be in-line with other summer tourneys, in the range of $600 per team

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno.

Maybe I'm thinking of the demographics in Surrey too much. They could field a couple of solid squads per age and still have good players left over.

Be better off having a large showcase week. Bring in all the BCPL players, and some bubble players from Metro. Pool them, and have coaches do a draft. Train them for a week, and over the weekend run a full fledged tourney w/ invites out to University coaches here and down south. That'd be something meaningful that could actually have an impact.