Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yellow Cards = Dirty Team ?

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talking with other coaches and players, discussion always turns to dirty players and teams, so I was thinking, does the number of cards a team takes equate to a team being dirty? Or is it just a team being "yappy" and not dirty? Or a ref "having a grudge" against a team or player? Or a "bad rep"?
Looking at the Discipline Page on our web-site, I counted the yellows for the teams in our group (2B), and heres the break-down
Aldergrove United -14 yellows
GEU Tigers -13
Surrey Bullets -12
Whalley Strikers -11
GEU Rams -10
Langley Wolves - 9
Poco United - 8
Pomo Lions - 6
Coq. Ajax - 5
Poco Royals -5
Reading the posts on TTP you hear of Westcoast being a dirty team, so I counted their yellows and it was 17. I believe that teams do "earn" a reputation for being "dirty" or "yappy" and that refs do know who or what teams to look out for, I was surprised at Aldergrove, for when we played them it was a clean game with no cards. Any thoughts on this subject?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, it is ref specific. Like I always say...refs have the hardest thankless jobs, and all too often they take way more stick than they deserve. That being said one or two games with one of the very select few that have no business officiating U-12 girls (no offense to the wee lassies) can sky-rocket your card count right quick, also putting players into suspension zone too early for really nothing. There are a few guys that make 1 bad call, then spend the whole evening dishing out yellows like candy to cover their tracks.

I have two yellows myself this year from referees giving me them for dissent by simply asking if they have changed a call (1. Referee signalled Corner, than as he walked to the spot and got "effed off" by a player for 30 yards decided to award Peno!? 2. Guy calls foul on our their guy 2 foot sliding our guy from behind then gives free kick to offending team) I know I am not entitled to ask, but they gave me the yellow for calmly asking a question I already knew the answer to, meanwhile they allowed the other team to "eff them off" go figure...

I honestly believe the referees need soemthing different than having just yellow cards, they need a new card for dissent, or for foul play.

So I say NO. there for the most part, should be zero corrolation between card count and how 'dirty' a team is.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talking with other coaches and players, discussion always turns to dirty players and teams, so I was thinking, does the number of cards a team takes equate to a team being dirty? Or is it just a team being "yappy" and not dirty? Or a ref "having a grudge" against a team or player? Or a "bad rep"?
Looking at the Discipline Page on our web-site, I counted the yellows for the teams in our group (2B), and heres the break-down
GEU Tigers -13
Surrey Bullets -12
Whalley Strikers -11
GEU Rams -10
Langley Wolves - 9
Poco United - 8
Pomo Lions - 6
Coq. Ajax - 5
Poco Royals -5
Reading the posts on TTP you hear of Westcoast being a dirty team, so I counted their yellows and it was 17. I believe that teams do "earn" a reputation for being "dirty" or "yappy" and that refs do know who or what teams to look out for, I was surprised at Aldergrove, for when we played them it was a clean game with no cards. Any thoughts on this subject?

8 of those 10 yellows for us (Rams) were against the Bullets. ..(yer...shitty officating....hmmm)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Tigers -13
Surrey Bullets -12
Whalley Strikers -11
GEU Rams -10
Langley Wolves - 9
Poco United - 8
Pomo Lions - 6
Coq. Ajax - 5
Poco Royals -5

Your life must be full, if your counting yellow cards on the fvsl site.
Here's a tip get a life and count the number of lonely nights you have.

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have 2 Yellows, Out of the 9 from our team, But I think most of ours are from being yappy. I dont know how the Ajax only have 5 they are a dirty team, at least when we play them. (I guess most of theirs are red)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of our u21's has gotten 2 reds this year for yapping. Total 9 games of suspension nad $90 of league fines.
:D

this from a kid who is doesn't normally talk to refs and tries to calm his teammates down. On the plus side his 2 reds have cost him 2-30 packs of beer so far in "team management" fines. The team has also gelled as a result of missing him, their hardest working and best player, and have really taken a step forward since he has been gone for the second time. I think it will make all the difference when he returns in Jan.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have 2 Yellows, Out of the 9 from our team, But I think most of ours are from being yappy. I dont know how the Ajax only have 5 they are a dirty team, at least when we play them. (I guess most of theirs are red)
Richy9, only one red, our keeper in our first game against you guys when he tripped your striker outside the 18 (was that you?) as he was going around him. In our second game against you, one of our defenders WAS going out of his way to play the body, not the ball, and it cost us the first goal. For the most part we are not a dirty team, as the 5 yellows would indicate, unless all the refs are blind!:):)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of yellows usually just means a team is competitive. Weather that be by going in hard, often, or by letting emotions get carried away in the form of yapping.

Too many reds usually leans towards dirty.

That said, we've got a number of both, and I don't consider us (LUFC Athletics, div 1) dirty or overly yappy. But we are competitive, and have had a couple this year for the yap. Usually they are for hard tackles. Of our three reds, two are double yellow incidences- all tackles- and one when a defender got involved w/ another guy after the final whistle.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve burnt my toast two days on the bounce... for those of you who seem to like keeping track of useless stats at home.

Aahh, wall charts.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve burnt my toast two days on the bounce... for those of you who seem to like keeping track of useless stats at home.

Aahh, wall charts.

He is also down to only two blue pills a week as his hand is developing arthritis from over use:D:eek:

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richy9, only one red, our keeper in our first game against you guys when he tripped your striker outside the 18 (was that you?) as he was going around him. In our second game against you, one of our defenders WAS going out of his way to play the body, not the ball, and it cost us the first goal. For the most part we are not a dirty team, as the 5 yellows would indicate, unless all the refs are blind!:):)

Yeah, that 1st goal was me jumping over him trying to hit me and putting it bottom corner :D, But Okay I can believe you only have a few dirty players its just im always the 1 to run into them haha. And No I would be #9

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts