Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

X-Men II

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised that none of you TTP geeks have made any comments on X-Men II.

Although I was never a(n) X-Men comic reader, I know the basics of how they came about...but, I still need a few details cleared up. If anyone has the time to post:rolleyes: please do so.

On to the movie, full of kick ass action, excitement, cheese, and of course, a predictable superhero storyline. You don't often see all the women portrayed in the movie doing most of the life saving, but of course, they had to crush their credability with a romantic story line. Even the American jet fighter pilots were women :rolleyes:

Halle was typical, and the blonde hair isn't going to win her any fashion awards. Huge Jackman was weird as usual. All the rest of the characters were interesting with a few more mutant 'gifts' on the way. To give the story away, the ending was left wide open for us to believe a part III is around the corner.

Make sure you get a centre seat to catch all the screen action and surround sound. I give it two thumbs up, but at an afternoon price.:)

+SCwhoisgettingtiredofChinesesubtitles

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mildly entertaining. Never the biggest fan of comic books to begin with so that is why I don't really get into these so called films.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think there's something to them...

When you look at X-men, it's not just a video game or comic book. Funny how all these characters all have stories behind them (it gets pretty deep in some cases)

:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knee deep.....

I saw it last weekend with my bro in FrootLoops. He is probably one of the biggest (and roundest) authorities on the subject outside of Marvel themselves, and had the following to say:

"good storyline; altered a fair bit from the originals for the sake of the movies. You have to remember that the original story was written in the 60's when the world was a lot more black and white, and the characters were more 2-dimensional. The cheesy romance element was one of the few ways that writers at the time could conceive of to make characters more credible.
They took some liberties with the timeline of the series by mixing older characters with newer ones. I appreciated the attempt to make it seem less cartoonish, and enjoyed playing spot-the-cameos."

(I think that means he liked it....:rolleyes: ) Keep in mind that this came from a guy who financed his mortgage by selling part of his collection....

I liked the escapism (phooey upon you, Meester One-Dart Beeg Art Movie Critic Snob!!!) and got a couple of chuckles out of the "Alkali Lake" parts. Alkali Lake is a reserve community west of Williams Lake; there isn't a dam there. The dam bits seemed to be more indicative of Kemano and the Kenney Dam further north and west. BTW, I like Halle as a blonde (I'm biased; I married one....), but then again, I'd like her as just about anything. Rebecca also definitely increases the drool factor, even if she's covered from head to foot in blue paint and latex (mmm...Rebecca:D).

SC - how did Bulletproof Monk go over in Tai-one-on? Even Chow Yun Fat couldn't save it over here....

"Me like movie. Waiting now for Hulk. Be good or Hulk smash!!!":p

Piece,

Stew:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts