Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WWC 2003 - Who would you play aginst Japan?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game

I watched the game and was very impressed with Chinas passing game. The Canadians on the other hand worked hard running all over the field and when the got possesion humped it up the field. They reminded me of SUFC from Premier:eek: .Really though you would think they could knock the ball around better and show that they belong in the final four. If Canada was to make it to the final hats off to them but it would make for an ugly final.USA/Canada with USA winning 6-0.:( I could be wrong?

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also watched the game and promptly fell asleep after Canada's only real push at net (which resulted in Hooper's goal). Pretty much after those first 10-15 minutes it was all China.

Canada was Fcuking lucky to get away with a win, for the last 70 minutes of the game you were just hoping that they could hold on to the lead and that China would not capitalize on any of their quality chances. What a disgrace. If Canada does make it to the final they certainly do not deserve to be there.

The only other team I have really watched is Germany, now there is a team that deserves to win the World Cup. They play with flair and intelligence, in other words they play football.

I certainly do hope that Pellerud realises soon that lump and hump (his Direct soccer) does not cut it against talented teams (as we noticed in the China game). With any luck the win over China will not blind him to that.

bdpissedoffthatcsaletsevangetawaywiththecraphedoes!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada vs. China

I agree...I almost fell asleep near the end of the 1st half!
Amazing goal by Charmaine Hooper...wow!!! :D

If Canada wants to win...they have to get their passing down for sure! They were runnin' around lastnight and I am surprised that China, whose passing game was PHENOMENAL did not capitalize...came close, but our D was grrrrreat!

Canada will not beat Germany if they make it past USA! They are so strong and quick...I think Canada will have a really tough time. I would like to see Canada vs. USA so that we can have a rematch (from U-19 loss), but again, USA is strong and quick.

If Sinclair plays like she did yesterday...she needs to be pulled off. She looks super fatigued...great player....but give her a rest. They should have put someone else on a while back to rest Sinclair and Laitham for Sunday, because they were playing defensive anyways!

GO CANADA GO :wa:

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Canada wants to win...they have to get their passing down for sure!

Canada for sure wants to win but I don't think that Pellerud does.

They will never get their passing down as long as he is at the reigns, which will be for another couple of years yet:(

Yes our defence did play well and the keeper was fantastic.

Canada would have a great chance to beat Germany if they ever actually played football, but alas we will not see this until Evan is relinquished of his position, or has the sence knocked into him by all of the frustrated fans in Canada.

Please let me be the first.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany vs USA

Now that'll be a great game! I think it would be an equal battle to the end but Germany's got it in the bag! Great skills from these girls and the games are far from boring (like the Canadian girls lately....) :eek:

Hoopers on a roll right now..... very impressive! But all the credit should go to the Canadian keeper! :)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada...

Originally posted by Bravedart

Canada would have a great chance to beat Germany if they ever actually played football, but alas we will not see this until Evan is relinquished of his position, or has the sence knocked into him by all of the frustrated fans in Canada.

ha ha ha...I love watching his spasms on the sidelines...I would love to see a silent video with just him on the sidelines...no music...just him and his fcuked up movements!!

I don't know much about him to say if he is the problem or not, but I just want this win on Sunday soooooooooo bad!!

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another piss taking for the Canadians. The Swedes play a nice brand of soccer and have 3 cracking players, who gave Canada fits all game. I actually watched most of this game, as I was enjoying watching these 3 players. There were a couple of crackers on the Swedish team too. :) Anyway, the best team won the game and Canada can't be too disappointed with the result, considering they were chasing and humping the whole game.

As for that fcuking female announcer, what a fcuking idiot.

"I don't think I've seen a man hit the ball as well as Kara did on that free kick."

"Now, we're dropping into a defensive shell, which is always dangerous." Good point. They certainly didn't start that way.:rolleyes: I counted how many times Canada humped the ball up the park and lost possession. I seriously stopped at 18. Great stuff.

Sweden's goals were very good, especially the quick free-kick. Now Canada gets to get hump-ed by the USA in the 3rd/4th place game. Sweden and Germany should be a very good final.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i stopped at 18 on timko alone!

captain, you have to admit the kara lang free kick was well taken....(no rolleyes)....it really was....(no rolleyes)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Smallsy, it was a well-taken free-kick. She struck the ball right on the sweet spot but I still think the keeper should have saved it. She should have just pushed the ball wide instead of trying to grab it. I'm glad we'll get to see a final, which should be entertaining and should be relatively lump and hump free.

Captain

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree Laings free kick was well taking but the keeper fcuked up.

Did anyone catch what the anouncer said at the end of the swedish national athem " there is now way that #5 on the swedish team can be a female"

I think i was laughing till half time about that one, I must say that each team has some shockers even canada.

Cheers
JB

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Latham chick is an absolute pig.

My favourite part of the whole telecast was at the final whistle, when the camera guy is panning on individual shots of the Canadian players and that tit Gobson keeps coming up with unique ways to say "what a great game (fill in blank with piss-licking-ugly Canadian player) had today." There is a reason you've been with Sportsnet for five years and still can't score a better gig than Women's Soccer, Gerry "sometimes I spell it with an "i" Dobson. You'll soon be put to pasture with the Gino Redas and Rod Blacks of the world, doing equestrian and figure skating in between World Curling Tour stops.

As for the Canadian team. I have no idea what Pellerud's practices look like, but I imagine a lot of the drills invovle the three-step process of trap, turn and punt. Their entire gameplan consists of blindy hammering the ball up the park and praying one of their teammates can perform some type of back-to-goal-ovarian-pass-move to an onrushing midfielder or striker. That, or the flick-on-header into yards of open space, where the beastly frontrunner runs herself ragged by chasing down a lot of speculative passes.

At least Sweden tried to play a bit and strung together two or three passes before lumping the ball away. Seriously though, the level of play isn't all that asthetically pleasing and neither are the birds. That was the first Women's WC game I've watched and it'll probably be the last.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
chauvinistic...........

There is a reason you've been with Sportsnet for five years and still can't score a better gig than Women's Soccer, Gerry "sometimes I spell it with an "i" Dobson.

Sensei, less of the chauvinism, please. Your patronising attack on Little Gerald Dobson is not only unkind to a seasoned Canadian broacasting intstituion but also puts into perspective what you really think of women's football. Little Gerry Dobson got the honour of doing the women's world cup A). because he realised there was a women's world cup and C). his knowledge of football in general is perfect for such an important competition.

the level of play isn't all that asthetically pleasing and neither are the birds.

Disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself for jumping to such cliched, worn-out, and predictable male-orientated misnomers. Instead, you should be proud of the accomplishments of athletes representing your country (I imagine The Phillapines have a side, haven't they?). Coming either fourth or fifth in the world is something to be proud of.

At least Canada's lesbians aren't in the world's top three.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ladies and gentlemen, we can expect to see a lot more of Canada's SHOC-KING style of play for the next five years until Evan's contract is up in 2008.

That will be one more world cup we will not win, and by the time 2008 comes around it will probably be too late for us to catch up with the rest of the world our women's national team will be reduced to the like's of their men's team.....never to see a world cup again!

Thank you Evan Pellerud and the CSA. Thank you very much. My future daughters appreciate the fact that they will never play in a world cup for Canada.

Cheers.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did watch the first 20

Originally posted by J_B

Did anyone catch what the anouncer said at the end of the swedish national athem " there is now way that #5 on the swedish team can be a female"

yes....classic stuff.:D

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was beginning to second guess myself and I am amazed that nothing was mentioned in the papers today, although i haven't read them yet.

Cheers
JB

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was beginning to second guess myself and I am amazed that nothing was mentioned in the papers today, although i haven't read them yet.
Amazed at having read nothing. Hmmmm . . . .

Captain,

If, by "crackers", you meant #17 and #4, then I'm with you. Sort out the bikinis and call me Sven.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

Number 20 was also cute. She had nice nuggets too. Though the picture doesn't do her justice, I think the number 3 who looks half Japanese, was kind of cute in a nuggetless sort of way.

I will search for pictures later to see how wrong I am.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
17 is a cracker and not a bad player to boot. It is sad to say but by the end of the game yesterday I was almost pulling for Sweden to win because clearly they were the better team. I did not want to have listen to how good Canada is etc etc. They have two special players in Sinclair and Lang but insist on lumping the ball up the field and hoping they will get it. The few times they can latch onto a ball they make things happen. Pretty sad to see that there is potential there and if they started playing football now maybe by the next World cup they could really shock people. I honestly don't remember Canada putting three passes together in the game.:eek:

But nonetheless great achievement by the ladies and hopefully they will improve and win the thing next time.

Parkhead

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Special Players

Sinclair has the tools, Lang better hope she gets some instruction somewhere soon or else she's destined to bust it down the wing and hit it as hard as she can in the direction of the goal (and the keeper) while she falls down...tons of raw skill and power that need some major refining to acquire some finesse.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0