Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup Qualifiers - 2006

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
there will be much disappointment if this squad fails to make a significant impact in the world cup.

They have to get to the World Cup first before they can make any kind of impact. Sven will surely be battered in the press even more now. I imagine its a little late to make a managerial change so I suppose its up to Sven to sort things out. Even if does get them qualified...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
They have to get to the World Cup first before they can make any kind of impact. Sven will surely be battered in the press even more now. I imagine its a little late to make a managerial change so I suppose its up to Sven to sort things out. Even if does get them qualified...

That's a shame about Sven being battered.

Ireland's chances have been shot AGAIN......They NEEDED the win and now, it will take a miracle for them to even reach the playoff stage........

Come on, Poland. :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Croatia sit a bunch of starters?
If they did, at least Diddy Prso will have fresh legs for the league this week. ;)

They certainly humped Iceland.

Are they still at the top of their group?

Unrucky Engerland.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
That's a shame about Sven being battered.

Ireland's chances have been shot AGAIN......They NEEDED the win and now, it will take a miracle for them to even reach the playoff stage........

Come on, Poland. :D

So Captain you are telling me that they can't win their last 2 games at Cyprus and at home to the Swiss? I can't see the Swiss winning in France and France looks to have won the group with today's result. Israel has one game left so you can pass them and the Swiss with 2 wins. I'll say Ireland gets to the playoffs where they might play England and/or maybe even those damn Greeks if they can win in Denmark. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terma,

Ireland will not qualify. They have bottled it too many times at home and against the Swiss, it will be no different. Switzerland will just need a draw at that point. Yes, Ireland should be Cyprus but I don't fancy their chances against Switzerland. Of course, I hope I'm wrong........

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch said:
De Rossi didn't deserve to start ahead of Cameronasi. He may have been a U-21 stand out but hasn't shown enough. Vieri is done. He hasn't scored an important goal for Italy in years. He barely played last season and he won't be a regular at Milan. Luca Toni (my bias) is a big man with skill should start on Wed. Iaquenta has his chance today and showed nothing. Wednesday's trident should be Luca, Gilardino (if still not injured) and Totti

Did Lippi read my post? Luca who? Vieri could possibly had his last stint with the Azzurri barring any injuries and desparation from Lippi, of course.

What a difference a couple of days makes. BTW, well done Scotland ;) . Never thought I'd be typing those words :D

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italia 4 Belerus 1.

Luch, im sure you are very proud for Luca Toni. Well deserved. The azzurri are now only one mathematical point out of Germany. They played a much better game today. Went down an early 1 - nil in the about the first 5 minutes, but tied it up a couple minutes later. Toni definately the MOTM with a hat trick, and Camoranesi had another solid game, with a goal and an assist. Totti also had a good game, and it was nice to see Grosso follow up his goal against Scotland with another good performance today. nice to see a W, thats for sure. Lippi doesnt look so bad after all!

I have to add....very impressive win by Scotland today....

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I saw Italia was down 1-0 I thought no not again. Great performance today by the azzurri. One point from Germany!

Vieri (that traitor) done with the National team. Toni, Gila and Totti will lead us to Germany.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Did Croatia sit a bunch of starters?
If they did, at least Diddy Prso will have fresh legs for the league this week. ;)

They certainly humped Iceland.

Are they still at the top of their group?

Unrucky Engerland.

Croatia played most of the regulars. No Tudor or R. Kovac due to cards i believe. Prso did play. Seems they thought this game would be a breeze. Instead it turned into a nightmare. Now we are 1 point behind the swedes in 2nd spot. Still have Sweden at home and hungary at home early in october. On a good note, looks like our group is being factored into the best 2nd place team group. So as long as we get decent results from sweden and hungary. :confused:

On a crappier note, croat fans got so upset they started tearing out the seats in teh malta stadium, what a bunch of morons. my apologies to the friendly malta people.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The eight European group winners and top two second-place teams qualify, and the other six second-place teams go to playoffs for three more berths."

Does anyone know how they determine the top two 2nd place teams? Seeing as some groups have 6 teams and some have 7 not all teams play the same number of games.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
"The eight European group winners and top two second-place teams qualify, and the other six second-place teams go to playoffs for three more berths."

Does anyone know how they determine the top two 2nd place teams? Seeing as some groups have 6 teams and some have 7 not all teams play the same number of games.

From what i have heard and understand. The 2nd place team in the group of 7, will be judged on points of there play against the top 6 teams in the group. So basically take out the 7th place team from the group.

IF that makes any sense.... :confused:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really is a great day to be a WOP. :D

Italy wins
Norway Loses
and.....oh yeah......ENGLAND loses too! :wa:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my calculation Group 1, 6 and 8 are the front runners for the top 2nd place teams.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
Luch, im sure you are very proud for Luca Toni. Well deserved.

Absolutely :wa: A big man who is also great with his feet... what more could you ask for? A bright future for Italia and of course, La Viola :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Croatia played most of the regulars. No Tudor or R. Kovac due to cards i believe. Prso did play. Seems they thought this game would be a breeze. Instead it turned into a nightmare. Now we are 1 point behind the swedes in 2nd spot. Still have Sweden at home and hungary at home early in october. On a good note, looks like our group is being factored into the best 2nd place team group. So as long as we get decent results from sweden and hungary. :confused:

On a crappier note, croat fans got so upset they started tearing out the seats in teh malta stadium, what a bunch of morons. my apologies to the friendly malta people.

Is a person from Malta a Malteeser?

Taxi.......

Nice win for Scotland but aren't they mathematically eliminated? :confused:

Their Wee Country beating England was a great result for them but obviously too late.

BTW, if you're a Hun from the North of Ireland, do you cheer for England or NI? Seriously, just wondering??????Guinness??????

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Is a person from Malta a Malteeser?

Taxi.......

Nice win for Scotland but aren't they mathematically eliminated? :confused:

Their Wee Country beating England was a great result for them but obviously too late.

BTW, if you're a Hun from the North of Ireland, do you cheer for England or NI? Seriously, just wondering??????Guinness??????

Yes, imagine the predicament if Neil Lennon had been in the NI side. :rolleyes:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Terma,

Ireland will not qualify. They have bottled it too many times at home and against the Swiss, it will be no different. Switzerland will just need a draw at that point. Yes, Ireland should be Cyprus but I don't fancy their chances against Switzerland. Of course, I hope I'm wrong........
they will be missing 4 pl;ayers 1 =keane
huge loss!but things can happen in football!eire to beat cyp & the cheese heads

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I am late on this but absolutely fcuking ridiculous result today for Engalnd. As uninspired as thieir managers half time pep talks. I hope it wakes them up as a first loss often does. Apparently they will still qualify but does anyone know how finishing second changes your grouping as opposed to first? Or is it just a big draw.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Northern Ireland 1 England 0

Originally posted by:Captain
Obviously I am over the moon about the result... Unfortunately the weemen from the North of the emerald Isle have no chance of qualifying, but winning a big match against one of the world's elite teams is reason to have a few pints!!!

BTW, if your a tim from Ulster do you cheer for Northern Ireland, the Rep. of Ireland or Scotland, because Celtic's from there??? Seriously Captain your irrelivant, boring/lack of substance and beating of a dead horse posts about protestants from Northern Ireland aren't entertaining anymore... Not that they ever were...
Why are you soo infatuated with the bright side of town??? The great unwashed not soo appealing to you these days??? :rolleyes:

The chant from Windsor Park as the men in green left the pitch was magic: "We are the Champions"!!! ;) The supporters aren't used to winning...

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Northern Ireland 1 England 0

Guinness said:
BTW, if your a tim from Ulster do you cheer for Northern Ireland, the Rep. of Ireland or Scotland, because Celtic's from there??? Seriously Captain your irrelivant, boring/lack of substance and beating of a dead horse posts about protestants from Northern Ireland aren't entertaining anymore... Not that they ever were...
Why are you soo infatuated with the bright side of town??? The great unwashed not soo appealing to you these days??? :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

Well said Guinness. Hell if my old soccer boss ;) Mr McDonald can welcome Irish President Mary McAleese into his community with a hug,then who knows, maybe I'll buy the ex Spurs supporter a pint at a club I game! :eek:

Billy Boy
icheerfortheirishnorthorsouth

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts