Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup on line? (and HD discussions)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ABC HD picture blows the Sportsnet/TSN feed outta the water for WC games! Unfortunately they have Yank announcers :(

Check it out to compare.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
The ABC HD picture blows the Sportsnet/TSN feed outta the water for WC games! Unfortunately they have Yank announcers :(

Check it out to compare.

Interesting. Did not know it was on ABC. Don't have HD where I am now but have just flipped over to see who the announcers are. Were they not the second crew for Champions Leaugue on ESPN/TSN? Not as good as the English announcers but not unbearable for the sake of a better picture.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first game had Marcelo Balboa - he actually asked "what's a geeser?" :rolleyes:

Second game had the CL crew (w/o Shamus I believe).

The ABC feed seemed about 10 seconds behind the other one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF is up with the Sportsnet/TSN HD match feed!?!?!?! It's been driving me nuts the last few days with all the jerkiness going on :mad:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jerkiness? Are you referring to Sportsnet's commentary team? God, they're awful. Forrest is the only one half-decent. The rest are absolute garbage.

Sorry, wrong thread.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every once in a while the feed gets lost. Not as noticeable on the regular resolution feed, but definitely on the HD, with little digital artifacts being left behind. Noticed a few times where the picture was okay, but the sound dropped and you get a blast of static instead.:rolleyes:

Tried Joma's internet feed - ESPN2 comes through with Tommy and his onion bag not badly most of the time, but occasionally has to stop and buffer even with my relatively fast connection. Noted that some games have been MUCH more popular this way than others (Paraguay - Trini game was much easier to access). Other streaming channels are okay (if you speak and read Cantonese), but not really applicable. Noted as per Regs' comment that ESPN2 is about 5 seconds behind (Tommy subjected to the bleep button?).

I'MTv (wrote about this earlier) is free, but is only pushing highlight packages for soccer - I guess nobody wanted to sell them the rights cheaply enough.

Tried a number of the UK-based proxy servers to get the BBC feed; no luck - they're all just far too busy. Guess Fastshow's productivity (and that of all of his UK-based mates) has gone down the loo.:D

Couldn't get the pvr together in time (cash flowing the wrong way), so can't comment yet.

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver:

That's the same TVUplayer that I was using before.:D

Glad to see that it worked for you, even if the game sucked badly....

For other folks using this, you actually want to use the ESPN2 feed, otherwise you'll end up watching the world championship of dominoes...:rolleyes:

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts