Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup 2018 - Quarter Finals

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
France vs Uruguay

Brazil vs Belgium

England vs Sweden

Russia vs Croatia

I'll go with:
Uruguay
Belgium
England
Croatia

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
France vs Uruguay

Brazil vs Belgium

England vs Sweden

Russia vs Croatia

I'll go with:
Uruguay
Belgium
England
Croatia

I think I was 2 for 8 last round. Ive had better lurking in the Asstastic thread.

France ( PK's)
Brazil
Sweden ( Pk's)
Russia

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised by how easily Sweden is being dismissed. Yes England are ranked higher, but Sweden won their group and their only loss came against a desperate German side who needed a last gasp wonder-strike to beat them 2-1. Those are the only two goals that they have conceded in the tournament and England have only beat Sweden once, in a 2011 friendly, since 1968. England, meanwhile, eeked past an inferior Tunisia squad and lost what amounted to a friendly against Belgium. Yes they thumped Panama, but the Central Americans were the last placed team at the competition and England still conceded a goal. Sweden are resolute defensively and have found offense as they needed it, including a nice attacking display against a Mexico side that was trying desperately to win the group and avoid Brazil but also needed to get something out of the match because they couldn't rely on Germany losing. England have now gone from low expectations to Champions or bust and now that the pressure is on them as favourites, this sets up as a classic trap game. England were far from convincing against Columbia, though likely were the better of the two sides on the day. I think this one is going to be very cagey and the longer it goes without a goal for the Three Lions, the more the pressure will build. Sweden were not the most pleasing to watch against Switzerland, but they got the job done without ever really looking threatened. Expect something similar from them on Saturday and don't be surprised to see them knick it.

Uruguay against France in the MOTR IMO with two almost opposite sides. Uruguay are solid defensively, having only conceded a single goal in the tournament. Offensively they are somewhat more challenged, but Suarez and Cavani can produce quality by themselves as we have seen already and this makes the South Americans a really potent threat. France meanwhile are less settled down the spine of their team and are suceptable to conceding goals as we saw against Argentina, but my goodness can they attack and with pace to boot. Mbappe looks like he will be the star of the next few World Cups with what he has shown us here and they are spoiled for choice in attack with him along side Greizmann, Giroud, Matuidi, Fekir, Pogba and Dembele. The first goal in this one would look to be critical as Uruguay are not likely to be able to score their way out of trouble, especially if Cavani is not passed fit for this one, but if they can get the lead they are likely to be a tough prospect for the French to break down.

Brazil, regardless of Neymar's embarrassing sportsmanship and embellishment, are easily the favourites among the remaining teams to win the World Cup. Belgium are perennial underachievers but this World Cup has been different. All their stars and egos seem to have finally found the right formula, but now they must find even another gear. I'll be cheering for Belgium but certainly Brazil are favourite. Meanwhile, I think it's definitely midnight for Cinderella and Russia's run on home soil. They had no business beating Spain, but credit to them for punishing the Iberians for their lack of killer instinct. Croatia, while they might be unflattering, are a very good side. This is their golden generation and they were expecting a place in the semis well before the draw opened up for them as nicely as it has.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE=" England have only beat Sweden once, in a 2011 friendly, since 1968.[/QUOTE]

England also beat Sweden at Euro 2012, but agreed we have a dismal record against them.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uruguay
Brazil
Sweden
Croatia

Something about this Uruguay squad, and something about Croatia. France is almost always one of my go-to squads, but seeing it different this year.

Calling a huge upset final, Uruguay vs. Croatia.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gawd. That's a tough one. Can't recover from a goal like that.

Did I say France to win? Thought so.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts