Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's provincial cup

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it's not even the same day as the mens. There will be nobody there to watch, except the always faithful friends and family to cheer on Surrey and NS. This game played at any one of the local parks would draw a good crowd.

Having said that, I would think the men's final will have the stands packed.

When we played UBC back in '03 at RAP in the Final, there was like 20 people when the match started - 3/4 had to be UBC or BC fans. But for the mens final, which was Surrey vs Inter, place was jammed. Great crowd, even without an Island team.

Unfortunately

May 3, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is unfortunate that the womens and mens final are not on the same day. We as players in the LIWSA and VISL all asked to have the final on the same day but they did not listen. Lower Island Womens Soccer Association is run by people who have not played at a high level of soccer and they do not understand what the potential could be of hosting a BC cup final with the men and women on the same day. A few of us players who have made a run at a higher level have decided to step up and start to help on the executive. We are vowing that it will be better next time....so as a player in the LIWSA I apologize for not having an exciting event for the women to participate in.
As for North Shore...they were the better team yesterday.
Good Luck to everyone in the finals...I am sure it will be an exciting/hockey like hitting game that is fun to play in!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Advantage....Surrey United as one of North Shore's MAIN defenders is out due to a yellow card she received in the Gorge game........

I won't change my prediction......SU by at least 2 goals.........

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is unfortunate that the womens and mens final are not on the same day. We as players in the LIWSA and VISL all asked to have the final on the same day but they did not listen. Lower Island Womens Soccer Association is run by people who have not played at a high level of soccer and they do not understand what the potential could be of hosting a BC cup final with the men and women on the same day. A few of us players who have made a run at a higher level have decided to step up and start to help on the executive. We are vowing that it will be better next time....so as a player in the LIWSA I apologize for not having an exciting event for the women to participate in.
As for North Shore...they were the better team yesterday.
Good Luck to everyone in the finals...I am sure it will be an exciting/hockey like hitting game that is fun to play in!

Thank you. It's good to see the future of Island Soccer Administration is brighter than its dull present...

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, just finished a "night at the Roxy" My first time no less. Well done ladies and my heart is with the mens team as they fell 1 short of a chance at the double. A special thanks to John Duncan for his patience and understanding this weekend. It's been a special year with this amazing group of women and staff and for that I thank you all. I am honored to be part of this club and the fantastic people involved with it. As I have been under a "media ban" for the better part of the last 3 weeks, I just want to say..... Man, this trophy gets heavy when you carry it as long as we have ! SUPEI-2..........

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, just finished a "night at the Roxy" My first time no less. Well done ladies and my heart is with the mens team as they fell 1 short of a chance at the double. A special thanks to John Duncan for his patience and understanding this weekend. It's been a special year with this amazing group of women and staff and for that I thank you all. I am honored to be part of this club and the fantastic people involved with it. As I have been under a "media ban" for the better part of the last 3 weeks, I just want to say..... Man, this trophy gets heavy when you carry it as long as we have ! SUPEI-2..........

I think I ran into you but my memories are very, very fuzzy...not to mention I don't even remember being at the Roxy :p Congrats ladies, the cream of the crop no question about it.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it seems like it's been quite awhile since this thread has been used. Seeing as I am coaching the SU Women's team and have posted about the men's final, I better put some attention where it should be. SU defeated a tough North Shore Renegades team 1-0 to win the 2017 Provincial Cup last Saturday. It was interesting to read some of the past posts, like 7 years ago worth.

The nucleus of the 2010 team is as follows: Nicole Stewart, Kate Qually, Chelsey Hannesson, April Coffin, Ari Adams, Rae Pelat, Caitlin Young, Courtney Duncan, Aly Benes, Natalie Fabbro.

However, key players like Rae Pelat (ACL), April Coffin (ACL), Caitlin Young (ACL), new addition Daniela Hampton (concussion), and Nat Fabbro (new baby) were not available for Cup run and Final. That left us 6 players available from the nucleus that most are familiar watching play.

New and recent additions like Yva Rodriguez, Carolyne Nellis, Nikki Stanley, Nicolle Fraser, Andrea Perrotta, Zoe Makragiannis, Kristina Klein, and Montana Leonard complimented a depleted injury-riddled team and helped carry us to our 12 Provincial title in 14 years! I also have to state that we used several of our 1999 and 2000 born players who were accepted and mentored by our senior players and they contributed beautifully. From every perspective, it was a great season. Many objectives were met. We won the league. We helped bridge the youth to senior pathway. We established a culture that will help sustain us until we get our graduating university players in a couple of years.

The Richmonds and the North Shores are incredible teams. They are damn good! There is no such thing as an easy game ever! I am very proud of our Surrey United team and the way they carried themselves on and off the field.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice job, Balls. As a (former) coach in the SU girls system, I appreciate reading about the 1999 & 2000 born players being brought in.

I'm hoping in a couple of years I'll read about some of the 2002 born girls I've coached and promoted along the way making a debut on this squad.

Congrats.

Thumper

Jun 30, 2022
Tokens
Dirty Money
2024 and Surrey United have put up big numbers again this year. 15 -0-0 49- GF 8-GA Off to the League Cup Finals on Sunday at Burnaby Lake against perennial rivals Coquitlam Metro Ford at 3:00 pm if anyone is interested. Beer garden on hand as well. 13 Games total all day Sunday.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts