Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Womens Nationals

Should the Women's team be disqualified?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The word on the street is the BBY Canadians Women’s team, who is currently representing BC at the Nationals back east, was disqualified from their first match againced Saskatchewan for having an unregistered player on the roster.

Apparently one of the assistants on the team (not mentioning names as it's not clear who's fault it was) "forgot" to put someone on the roster prior to the tourney. So after they spanked Saskatchewan 7 - 1, they checked the game roster and compared it to the tournament roster and noticed the discrepancy. Consequently, they brought it to the CSA's attention and the game was taken from the girls!

Not sure if this is the full story but with this game disqualification, the girls are no out of the running to win the cup!

Fcuking prairie folk...take your ass whopping like a man...or in this case...like a woman!

~Notty

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry, but...

a sheet is a sheet and that's what it's meant to be (filled out correctly)

+SCgoingagainstallodds:eek:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC How Could You

SC: How on earth could you go against the BC team for something so trivial as this? This was an eligible player on the official team roster that the tournament officials already had. A minor clerical error that game officials checking the line up normally note. If they see a discrepancy, they point it out and in this case, the player would have simply been added. If they don't have this kind of line up checking to protect everyone, then they should. This could have been a great out for the tourney officials, by using this line of reasoning and changing how the team list and player checking will be done for all future national events.

The more I see of off field rules and regulations in the game of soccer, the more I realize that true soccer people are either, not in charge, or have lost sight of the true objectives of the game.

The game should have been decided on the field not the line up card! Oh, yes. The game was won by Burnaby ON the field.

Frig even Ross Rebagliatti got his Olympic Gold Medal when he proved it was simply a case of being in the wrong room at the right time, or something like that.

This fcuk up in soccer is tantamount to giving Ben Johnson his Gold Medal back because the lab technicians failed to use the right form.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does Recco's feel about Croatia-Slurrey Protest

Something similar happened in the VMSL before with Croatia, they played a player who had been suspended, but they did not have his card back from the suspension.

Slurrey protested and Croatia lost the points for the game.

The player was registered and eligable to play that day, but Croatia still lost the points.

How do feel about this Recco's?

HOS does feel really bad for the girls, they are a great group and no team should lose that way.
Another black day for Canadian Soccer.

HOS

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey - Croatia

HOS: I recall the incident, but I don't know the details.

We all know that you have to go and retrieve the card and pay the fine and then you play. In the VMSL, that is part of the punishment process. If they simply and deliberately didn't bother to get the card and played the guy anyway, I'd be less sympathetic.

If a player's card gets lost and he can prove who he is, he should play and if it checks out with the league, then there should be no penalty.

HOS:

What if the Khalsa coach's car gets broken into and the players cards are stolen outside GM Place, where he and HOS stopped on the way to their game in Surrey on a sheep shagging Friday night? Khalsa can't produce their cards but all players are able to produce driver's licences or some other photo ID. In fact, HOS being the great SFU educated thinker he is, produces a camera and they take a photo with a Surrey sheep shagging going on in the fields next door (just to prove the date, time and location). I think Guinness is in the picture as well.

HOS goes on to take the 3 points, followed by the 3 pints from the Surrey fridge. Should HOS and Khalsa lose the points and HOS have to pay for the pints (cuz Smiles and KNVB are too pissed to pay)?

HOS: Maybe on the Fonseca issue the ruling is for his kind of playing, you don't have to wait a month! ;) I see also in the VMSL executive minutes that there is a 3 times in 5 years rule about reinstatement as an amateur. What a joke that is.

SC: I see by the times you posted (4:35 am or thereabouts), that you must have been in some sort of booze induced fog of sorts. Games are won and lost on the playing fields (or so they should be). :)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No More Coffee for Recco's Today

You are going off!!!, go outside and take a walk before you break your keyboard.

How do yo come up with this stuff.

BIG Question of the day.

When will Sapp. A fire the coaches and give Recco's a chance at the Helm of the Big Boat?

They are having a tough start, and you have put your time in.

We want to see Recco's in Premier:wa:

You may be able to get your own dancing fruit, if that happens.
I want Recco's to have a dancing Fruit, come on Regs.

HOS

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts