Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women Playing Over Thanksgiving Weekend

Should the MWSL have games scheduled on Thanksgiving weekend?

• Total voters

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know this has been brought up before, but I just wanted to touch a bit on it again...I am sure there are people who are FOR and people who are AGAINST Women playing over the Thanksgiving Long Weekend.

All joking aside about women belonging in the kitchen so the man comes home to a nice meal after playing footy...really now...WHY DON'T WE PLAY THIS WEEKEND??!!

I'd set up a voting pool, but I have no clue how, so...discuss!

striker14

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is important for the women to stay home and tend to their man after playing a tough game of football. On top of that, a skimpy outfit should be worn upon arrival. It is ThanksGIVING after all. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Women should cook and give instead of playing football on Thanksgiving weekend.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I'd set up a voting pool, but I have no clue how, so...discuss!

Poll has been set-up just for you striker14.

Since we've been at nationals the last three years I personally like having the weekend off. :) That way we don't have to make up a game at some later date. And this year there are two BC teams going plus they are in Surrey so why not take the weekend off and watch some good footy!!

Of course that's just a premier perspective - I'm sure the other divisions may feel differently. But even when our team wasn't going to nationals I liked having the long weekend off and I definitely wasn't spending it cooking turkey!! :rolleyes:

alikira said:
Women should cook and give instead of playing football on Thanksgiving weekend.

alikira - Give what? :eek:

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
seeing as it's my brithday "OLD" and my anniversary " who knows what year?" and my sisters birthday (not twins but 3 years apart)i like to think its all about me so ,, I get to do what I want
besides my mother in law would never let me attempt to cook a turkey, she still needs to have some power

JAZZIE

Sep 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to say if I had the weekend off I definetly won't be cooking but I will be eating a hellofalot! So rolling around on the soccer field would not be fun!

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my youth years I loved that we had this weekend off cuz it opened it up for us to enter a tournament that weekend. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any women's tournaments for Thanksgiving weekend...so it doesn't much matter to me either way...I guess it is kinda nice having it off...though I definitely won't be cooking a turkey either (unless everyone wants burned meat and hard potatoes!)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Repeat conversation from last year Striker.... not to mention dumb cause it is TTP and the men on here will vote against it!

I'd like to play that weekend (since Balsa is the 'kitchen Bitch') but I'm happy having a weekend off to relax and stay out of the rain....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
In my youth years I loved that we had this weekend off cuz it opened it up for us to enter a tournament that weekend. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any women's tournaments for Thanksgiving weekend...so it doesn't much matter to me either way...I guess it is kinda nice having it off...though I definitely won't be cooking a turkey either (unless everyone wants burned meat and hard potatoes!)

We will be hosting a tournament next year, Wings.

2007 Turkey Classic

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Poll has been set-up just for you striker14.

Since we've been at nationals the last three years I personally like having the weekend off. :) That way we don't have to make up a game at some later date. And this year there are two BC teams going plus they are in Surrey so why not take the weekend off and watch some good footy!!

Of course that's just a premier perspective - I'm sure the other divisions may feel differently. But even when our team wasn't going to nationals I liked having the long weekend off and I definitely wasn't spending it cooking turkey!! :rolleyes:

alikira - Give what? :eek:

A pumping. :D

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Unfortunately, I haven't seen any women's tournaments for Thanksgiving weekend...so it doesn't much matter to me either way...

Penticton has a Thanksgiving tourney but you have to be over 30....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Repeat conversation from last year Striker.... not to mention dumb cause it is TTP and the men on here will vote against it!

Why don't you tell me what you really think Spazz? :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...I got an email from the Prez saying something about me not raising it at the AGM, so it ain't gonna change.
There are some tourney's going on for the young'ins as well somewhere, so I guess they get the fields...which is understandable...

DAMN IT!! :mad:

Lush

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by Wings
Unfortunately, I haven't seen any women's tournaments for Thanksgiving weekend......

I wish there were more thanksgiving tournies. Its a good weekend to have off, so it gives all players the options, but for those of us that want to play, its nice to have tournies.

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not many women's tournaments around all year are there???
Kinda funny because I don't want to play a league game this Sunday yet I'd love to be in a tournament and play. :confused:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0