Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is it so hard to find a coach?!?

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow is it hard to find a coach for our team! I have exhausted all of my contacts to no avail. I have posted on the MWSL website and have had no responses. And I have talked to former coaches to see if they have any ideas, but none have arisen. We are a Vancouver based Div. 1 team (summer) recently relegated to Div. 2 for the winter. We have many talented players but are looking for a coach to offer leadership and help us work on the team aspect of our game. Is anyone interested? Does anyone know of anyone that might want to coach? Is there anyone who has suggestions on how we might find a coach? For more info on our team contact me at weplaysoccer@hotmail.com

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My team is in the same Boat we just won Div3 going up to Div2 and our coach is on his way to run the Cat team so we now again have no coach and it sucks having to make subs and play not that I can play.....as I run like a Donkey

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
most guys don't want to put up with all the hot-heads and bullshite that comes along with coaching mens. this is why i think there are a lot of guys in premier that don't belong there anymore. the coaches have a certain comfort zone with them. they've known them for a long time and can't be bothered to try new guys that may be more skilled, but could also need a little adjusting of the old attitude. its not easy telling grown men they're not playing today, or even this half, or the last five minutes without hastle. this was quite apparent in the PAK final this year.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you talkin' men's team, or women's team?
This is the MWSL (Metro Women's Soccer League) thread, so being in here lookin' for a coach ain't gonna help ya.

striker14

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
not looking, just stating that it doesn't really matter what section of your body protrudes, finding willing coaches at any level, be it mens, womens, boys, girls, DEWDNEY, ect..... isn't an easy task. i would assume it'll be just as tough for a womens team to find a coach as it was for us last year. good luck in your hunt score more.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
.....as I run like a Donkey

I know a few Donkey's myself (like the knob that ran my men's team 3 year's ago).....not that it helps you :D I'm sure there are a few out there we all know??? That's the problem, I've coached men's teams where there are a few Donkey's still playing but the politcs don't allow you to bring in that young buck without a backlash. Good luck to you.

Striker .... have another beer, girl :rolleyes:

CHAB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
~SCORE MORE~ said:
Wow is it hard to find a coach for our team! I have exhausted all of my contacts to no avail. I have posted on the MWSL website

I hate to be brutally honest, but half the time a guy is coaching a womens team (where he has no connection to any of the players), he is hoping that by coaching that team he will eventually hook up with one or more of the players, perhaps at the same time. Yes there are many good coaches out there in the MWSL, but if you look, they are probably husbands or boyfriends, or they are looking to become one of those, perhaps with one or more players.

So if the ladies of the MWSL are trying to find good coaches, then get hooked up with guys that are currently playing in other leagues or change you team name to Sluts FC and watch the applications roll in.

HOS
ps. I think Sluts United is allready taken, they are also known as Slurrey United and just won the B.C.'s ;)

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
I hate to be brutally honest, but half the time a guy is coaching a womens team (where he has no connection to any of the players), he is hoping that by coaching that team he will eventually hook up with one or more of the players, perhaps at the same time.

Yes, I am very familiar with this problem. I had a coach a few years back that tried to do this. This is when my team was still rather young (early twenties). He wasn't in his twenties...

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So HOS what you are saying is that you'd coach if you could "hook up" with one or three of the players and preferably all at the same time.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirty Daddy 3 said:
HOS

Your overview is spot on.......That is why Reccos coached men ;)

Dirty
OUCH!!!! reccos, you can't take that lying down............ unless your face down biting the pillow :D .

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or you have some Nuts on your Foreheed.

Reccos, I didn't need to coach to get hooked up, I have been hooked for years, thats why I am soo sad.

hos

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
ps. I think Sluts United is allready taken, they are also known as Slurrey United and just won the B.C.'s ;)

Easy now HOS - so quick to call us sluts but not as quick to congratulate us on our victory over your former Burnaby girls that you were so obviously supporting. ;)

Until we brought in our current coach we never have a boyfriend or husband coaching us but if you look at most teams in the league, that seems to be the way teams get coaches. It's actually sad for the women's league that this is the case but I think as the women's game gets more exposure more people will become interested in coaching - look at how many youth soccer clubs have technical directors and highly-skilled coaches. Maybe that will feed into the adult side of things.

As for guys only coaching women in the hopes of hooking up - why do you think conductor expanded his co-ed coaching resume to include women's soccer? Most people in the co-ed league already know about him so I guess he moved on to new possibilities. :D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos: I was just checking to see if your post was a classic case of Freudian projection.
That is, you were suggesting that men want to coach women to get into their shorts. Not that I blame you for that... we all possibly have lusted in our hearts (as President Jimmy Carter said in Playboy that time) for such a chance.

Instead it appears Dirty daddy from the Idiots is exhibiting a classic case of Freudian Projection and I quote:

"The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual."

Just kidding, Dirtydaddy.

I would apply for the coaching role, but the last time that women's team reneged for a younger guy and I wouldn't want to be considered the dirty old man in strikers post now would I?

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
I would apply for the coaching role, but the last time that women's team reneged for a younger guy and I wouldn't want to be considered the dirty old man in strikers post now would I?

Just for clarification, when you say "the last time THAT women's team..." are you referring to my team, or just making a general statement? My team is not necessarily looking for a young coach! The age range on my team is 23 - 42.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what team it was but I was just having a bit of fun here. I posted that I 'd come out to a training session for a women's team last year, then they posted they had someone so I posted that I withdrew. Can't recall the team name but I think it was Roscoe (?) who was looking.

Seriously, which is challenging on a site like this at times, one way to find coaches is to call the clubs and find out who is out there who might be interested in running a team. Guys like WAB -- at Sapperton know lots of people and can point out who is out there and who might do a decent job for you. The right coaching fit is always a challenge.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Not sure what team it was but I was just having a bit of fun here. I posted that I 'd come out to a training session for a women's team last year, then they posted they had someone so I posted that I withdrew. Can't recall the team name but I think it was Roscoe (?) who was looking.

Seriously, which is challenging on a site like this at times, one way to find coaches is to call the clubs and find out who is out there who might be interested in running a team. Guys like WAB -- at Sapperton know lots of people and can point out who is out there and who might do a decent job for you. The right coaching fit is always a challenge.

Score More, did you ever find a coach? If not there's a young guy with a recent posting on the MWSL that's willing to coach....

Coach Oldie

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What VWML teams should be doing is affiliating w/ girls youth clubs to become a part of their system.

Once you do that you have a farm system for players & coaches in place. Also you a have club indentity & all the sport that goes along w/ it.

In Richmond there are 6 VWML clubs that would benefit by beind affiliated w/ RGSA & rumor has it that RGSA is forming a U21 team that will be oversubscribed too.

As a U15 coach, I would love to carry on w/ my team into the U21 & further as one has developed & spent so much time to get the benefit of seeing the players play a beautiful game that's better than the tv version. Besides it fun!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0