Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why did you pick your username?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK. This thread has the potential to be either gay, or cool. It could take off, or it could flop.

Explain why you picked your username. Some are going to be pretty self explanitory. Example: Regs, knvb, and Jamie:rolleyes:

Some are not so easy. Example: Buckfast(is that a gambling reference?)Fastshow, and Penis.:rolleyes:

I'd like to hear some of the stories behind a lot of them.

TheRob is obviously a wrestling reference to the peoples champion. I used to enjoy watching the odd Monday Night Raw. Back when it was good. Soon my co-workers were calling me TheRob. CJ went by Big Show, and Scottie was The Game. Childish, I know, but that's how it came to be.

Lets hear them. Maybe at the end we'll take six or so that TheRob deems to be the best, and we'll have a poll. The best username on TTP. The winner will recieve nothing.:D

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty...no one would ever guess who I am!!!!!!!

I'm anonymous...just like an old fart lost in the wind.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reluctantly telling my deepest, darkest secrets.

A few years back in co-ed, we were playing a team with a freakin' duffus suited up. He thought it was the World Cup. The worst thing is, he sucked. Anyway, he tried to beat me one on one and dribbled the ball right into my feet. I easily took it away and passed it off.

Now, before I tell you what happened next, you have to understand that I was about twenty pounds heavier (and touchy about it) back then. He has the gonads to look me in the eye and say "Not bad for a fat guy."

I couldn't believe my ears. But before I had the chance to say or do anything, duffus got the ball back, and wouldn't you know it? He turned towards me to take me on again. He ran down the sideline and I dropped my shoulder into his sternum, sending him flying off the field. He didn't get up for a minute and while he was lying there, gasping for breath, i couldn't resist saying "What's the matter? Can't even beat a fat guy?" Thank Goodness Herb was reffing or I would have been suspended for sure.:rolleyes:

The second part of my moniker comes from a rotten little kid. Some have compared my body hair to that of Willy Azzi in the past. So when I was at a water park in nothing but a bathing suit, this little kid looks up at me and starts crying. Her mom pats her on the head and asks he what's wrong, to which she replied in a shriek while pointing at me "MONKEEEEYYYYY!!!"

I made the mistake of relating those stories to teammates and have been Fat Monkey ever since.:mad:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't pick my nick-name, it was thrust upon me many years ago. (No one should be allowed to pick their own nick-name)

I decided to answer to it purely because I don't have a penchant for originality, apparently.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't planning on posting here on TTP, so I picked the first, dumbest name that came into my head (that comment should give Jinky and Fastshow all sorts of fodder).

Now, I have to suffer typing the whole goddamn name out every time I log on, and put up with bad slags like "Dude, where's my brain?", or "Dude, where's my common sense?", or (I love this one) "Dude, where's your wife?".

I should have just called myself Ed.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is pretty easy to figure out. But I will explain quickly.

Due to my constant injuries a few years ago(and now) a drunken mate commented that I was about as durable as Balsa Wood. When I signed on to TTP I wanted to try to keep under the radar so I chose Balsa as I knew only a select few guys would know who I was. Of course it didn't take long for Buckfast and a few others to blow the cover. I guess having a jersey with Balsa on the back didn't help either. :D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain gave me this moniker after my first darts appearance. While Scud-brother's was fine for my first darts night, I was glad that Captain searched long and hard and found my current name. Pretty simple. I've never heard the story of Captain Shamrock though, I can guess but who gave it to you Tilly?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
CJ went by Big Show

Thats what the Ladies Call me.

As for Hands of Stone, I have always been a fan of the Wrestler.
But really it is kind of a joke because I have very SOFT hands as a keeper and never drop any balls.

But most of all I like HOS, because I am a Cowboy, and a Steal Horse I Ride, I am Wanted, DEAD or Alive.

HOSSlipperyWhenWet

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simple really.....

Captain = Shameful

Shamrock = Drunk

I probably should have gone with shameful drunk but that might have been too easy..........

To be quite honest, I have no idea why this particular name was chosen. :confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos

Just like Rovad and Bob who signed on to TTP today, I wasn't very original in thinking so I took the word soccer and spelled it backwards!

:wa: :wa: :wa:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting thread.

Because I am such a multi-dimensional, complex character, I have been blessed :rolleyes: with many nicknames over the years. Ballbaby was what a co-worker used to call me. He was/is a chubby firefighter and a clever one. Some would say he is lazy and I would call him on it. In response to my verbal insults, he would call me a "ballbaby". It was all in fun and TTP/Offtheball was conceived at the time we worked together. It was a perfect fit at the time and I believe it still is.

Some other nicknames that are thrown my way are "spermo", "sheepfcuker", and "meat". I think Ballbaby is more esthetically pleasing to the ears.:cool:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby

Would you care to share with the gang here on TTP, why they call you "sheep fcuker"? I thought you were Greek, not Scottish. ;)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Long story short.........after a few too many pints, purchased a $1.50 transit ticket at 9pm from downtown, 4 hours later I had not moved from the seat (riding round and round) until a friend who was appointed to watch the Skytrain cars - pulled me off at about 1am from New West, otherwise I probably would have never gotten off the train. :(

Best $1.50 I ever spent:rolleyes: Not only did I get to multiply the amount of trips per ticket, the $1.50 also got me 3 weeks on the couch:eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts