Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why boxing is gone

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought I'd give this ages old thread a little wake up call. While watching HBO last night I saw a spot about Klitschko vs Hayes... and it's not a PPV. HBO Canada is broadcasting it Saturday at 4:30pm ET...

I know that Mayweather and Pacquio etc still draw eyes...but this is the heavyweight title fight.

I think Boxing IS dead if you have what the boxing world is calling the biggest fight in 8+ years in the HW division isn't a PPV in a country like Canada and it's available at no added cost to you if you have HBO.

Discuss.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry JBN, they will sell 1 million PPV buys in the UK.

Boxing is not dead. It's just gone regional.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's on HBO? Sweet. But I still won't watch it, that's how awesome boxing is now. I used to watch every PPV back in the day, but now I can't be bothered. I may be interested if Pacquio/Mayweather ever happens, just to watch Mayweather get thumped. On a side note, last time I was in Vegas I was staying at the same hotel as Pacquio, and saw him a couple of times. That man is tiny. Like tiny, I was amazed at how small he was. That being said, would never in a million years mess with the guy.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry JBN, they will sell 1 million PPV buys in the UK.

Boxing is not dead. It's just gone regional.
I suppose you're right and I'm thinking of us here in NA in a bubble.

Everywhere I look it's MMA/UFC for combat sport now.

Has anyone in our community spent a decent amount of time in Europe/UK? How does boxing compare with MMA over there? Is MMA dominating there also?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose you're right and I'm thinking of us here in NA in a bubble.

Everywhere I look it's MMA/UFC for combat sport now.

Has anyone in our community spent a decent amount of time in Europe/UK? How does boxing compare with MMA over there? Is MMA dominating there also?

I can sort of answer you're question. I'm in england right now and from what i gather boxing is still bigger here. I think it has alot to do with the time difference though, who would stay up and watch ufc on ppv in the early hours of the morning if you knew little about it? However there is a small amount of people who do watch it and get up early but in comparision to early hour boxing matches, not many.
This is only one small town though, maybe different in places like liverpool, london, or nottingham where some of the ufc fighters come from could be different.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts