Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's the best player in the FVSL. Version 1.0

Who is the best player in the FVSL?

• Ritchie Pasqua - Surrey City Rangers, Div. 1

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Bill Jackson - Poco City Dominion, CAT.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Jason Rackstraw - Alouette United Razorbacks, Div. 1

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Lloyd Silva - Poco City Dominion, Prem.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Shawn Webb - GEU Ultra

• Walter Don'tknowhislastname - GN, Prem.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Cam Wilmnets - Chilliwack, Prem.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Fraser Ross - Surrey City Rangers, Div. 1.:rolleyes:

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Mark Avery - PAU, Prem.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Mark Mcqueen - PAU, Prem.

• Other. Who?

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's have a little fun here. Althought the FVSL is bush,:rolleyes:there has to be some great players, right? Here is a list of some that I can come up with. Make your pick, and perhaps give a short explanation as to why.

Here we go.:bronco:

I voted for Fraser Ross.:DHow could you not? Plus, he owns KOB's and he has "the card". Mmmmm......pachos.........:D

I encourage others to start similar polls with their top ten.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the players listed don't you think the poll should be titled

Who's the oldest player in the FVSL?

:eek:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can only comment on the players I know well enough to make an informed decision.

I didn't vote for Pasqua because I coached him as a whiny youth player and I'm a shitty coach, so therefore he must be shitty as well. Also he still owes me a bottle of scotch. We've played together on numerous occasions, soccer as well, and I enjoy the privilege. He is talented but his achilles heel is his temper and the fact his mother is madly in love with me. He could have been my stepson. Also, after witnessing Ian Mclean slapping Pasqua's bare ass in the changeroom, I can not bring myself to vote for a pillow biter.

A young Fraser Ross was a force to be wreckoned with but now he's just fat........and bald. ;) True gentleman and scholar of the game. It hurts me to not pick him and ruin the chance of indulging in a free pint.

Cam Wilmets is a great player. Very fast. Mean side to him. I played with him at Wesburn (Burnaby Canadians) and against him
in the FVSL. Extremely tough to mark simply because he is unorthodox and very bony. His arms flail and his elbows are like lances. He whines and takes stupid fouls which I have discussed with him. His reaction? He whined and elbowed me in the head. :rolleyes: So he doesn't get my vote.

Mark Avery gets my vote. He is underated by many, probably because he looks like Howdy Doody. How can Howdy Doody play soccer? But he can play. He is extremely intense and rule bound. Everything is up for debate and analysis with his teammates. Mark isn't in awe of anyone. I still contend that if for some strange reason Zinedan Zidane was playing Centre Mid in front of Mark Avery and he passed the ball left instead of right, you can bet your bottom dollar that Mark Avery would share his opinion about that........welcome or not. Is this irritating? Oh yes! But that's what makes Aves the player he is. Consistent. Great in the air and likely one of the best man to man markers out there.

So there ya go, Aves. Bet you're a little surprised huh?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top Three

To hard to call as I don't get to see everybody on a regular basis. However, from what I have seen this year thus far here is my top three picks in no significant order;

Troy Edwards - North Delta United.
Stu Currie - Poco City Dominion.
Mark McQueen - Peace Arch United.

These guys have impressed me the most. No disrespect to guys in other divisions, but I believe the best players come from the Premier teams with maybe one or two exceptions.

Cheers:cool:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip's picks

Cam Wilmets (sp?) is my pick. I think he's the best all-round player in this league. Good size, extremely fit and can run all day, spreads the ball nicely, and has a deadly strike. Any VMSL team would be crazy not to have this player in their starting 11.

But, to be a bit of a homer:) .......I'd say Mark McQueen and Darren Hozle would be close as well.

-The Beast doesn't score tons of goals, but he puts his stamp on most games, and is definetly a game winner.

-Hibee is an extremely skilled, and intelligent player who can make defenders look silly at any given moment.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I voted for this Who fellow. From all accounts he doesn't have much size, speed or skill, but knows the true meaning of Christmas. You gotta respect that.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jackthelad

without a fcuking doubt,when jack is on watch out !!

had the honour to coach him last year ,you need a result mark will get it ,If you need the tide to turn ,mark will do it ,this guy is a goal scoarer ,bottom line ,there is not any team in the lower mainland (valley too?)that would not want his services

all the ttp that I say about jack is another story:D ;)

but TR you forget SLATS:D :wa: :wa:

sid

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
here goes.....

well i dont know many of the players actual names....but from playing all the premier teams this year heres my list;

PAU; i have to say mo....i hate marking that guy

GEU; their center midfield guy that runs alot

Chilli: tall center midfielder......kinda has that paul scholes permanent angry face

Poco; the guy who scored the goal against us in our first meeting this year......craziest shot ive ever seen......

ND; prob.. mike burns cause he creates all the offense for that team

Langely and Surrey always seem to have diferent players playing us for some reason so i'll stay away from those two

GN; jas mattoo....when it comes down to pure skill..... this guy is at least top 5 in the league......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I encourage others to start similar polls with their top ten.
TR, regular TTPers can't start polls :eek:

As for this one, I can't vote as I rate both Aves and Pasqua equally (and they are the only 2 I've played with/against more than twice)...

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah. With the frustration and anger I was feeling this afternoon, I forgot regular members couldn't start polls. They can't look at the "Who's online" link either. Or can they?:mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, here we go... hissy-fit city

TR,

Please stay on topic :mad:

Question: Why didn't JTL make this list?

~Regs.

:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Love the Power that Regs Has, Kneel Down and Worship Me

Originally posted by TheRob
They can't look at the "Who's online" link either. Or can they?:mad:

Regs that is too Funny.:D

As for BEST FVSL Player, is this not Jumbo Shrimp;)

I voted for Loyd, he is a highly skilled player on the Ball, and a great guy.
Being a good guy goes a long way in the Valley League.

JumboShrimp,TooFunny:wa:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why didn't JTL make this list?
He was on it originally, but by all accounts, and I'm sure he'll be the first to tell you, he isn't having a great year, and I used this year in deciding who to put on the list. I believe there will be a version 2.0. I'll put him on there.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skip's picks

Originally posted by Skip
Cam Wilmets (sp?) is my pick. I think he's the best all-round player in this league. Good size, extremely fit and can run all day, spreads the ball nicely, and has a deadly strike. Any VMSL team would be crazy not to have this player in their starting 11.

I agree. Cam really is great player, just too bad he isn't on a side with more talent, he would of collected alot more hardware. Deadly left foot. Always in a piss-ass mood.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Best player

Originally posted by bertrum
Where's Luc Van Lierde?:confused:

This poll only applies to players who haven't dropped down to a team 2 divisions lower this season.
:D

My vote goes to Fraser because I heard he had a hattrick this season.

And he owns KOB's :D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lies........

I voted for Pasqua because I always thought he was a better player than his much-vaunted half-brother. In very much the same way Regs enjoys watching games from the backline, I used to enjoy watching Rich as he's always been such a stylish player. With him in the middle and Woodsy up front, no one could touch us as kids even with me in the side.

Ballbaby, you're right about the temper shout but I have to call you on your out and out lies as I played with Rich all through youth and would have remembered being on the receiving end of your tutelage. You're lying and I've lost all respect for you. Plus, talking about his Mum is offside. I spent many a weekend afternoon at the Eaton's cosmetics department as a younger man and she never mentioned you. You live in a world of delusion and make believe. It's nice to have some company.

Why isn't Ian McLean on this list? He should be. Sort it out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ian McLean would be my runner-up.

Cam gets my vote. The guy is a cnut, plus everything else that has been said. He presents the most difficult style to mark...with most players, you can ususally find a way to effectively eliminate them from the game through tight marking and a bit of uglyness, but it is very tough to get Cam off his game.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts