Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's Gonna Win

Who's going to win the Nations Cup?

• Ireland

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Scotland

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Germany

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • India

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Argentina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

• Fiji

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Greece

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • England

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • China

• First Nations

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Poland

• Caribbean

• Africa

• Portugal

• Total voters

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
As I said before, you could break down EVERY team and find that all their players are not on the squad under the grandparent rule, except Ireland of course.
Captain

Every one has a little Luck of the Irish in them.

I us my Irish Spring and eat my Lucky Charms everyday.

Who is Levitt playing for this year?

HOSmagiclyDelicious

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmmmm

I would take Mr. McQuade on the Scotland team in a heartbeat. But I can agree Neil was not given a fair shake in the past. Scotland's loss is Irelands gain. Good luck to the Irish even tho Irish never need luck, they already have it.

I would love to see a Ireland v Scotland final!!

C'mon the Scots!

Slainte Mvah

Oor Wullie

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oor Wullie

Good chance the Final could be as you request!!! Except for those pesky Germans, English, India and Italy it could happen... Then again we both know who will out last all in the gardens!!! Isn't that really what this tourney has always been about???:eek:
The Germans and Italians always mob the beer gardens!!!:rolleyes:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Jason is getting married this weekend..........I think it is a traditional Catholic wedding, him being a good Irish kid:eek:

John

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving Around

I think a point is missed when talking about playing for a team that isn't your ethnic background.

Over the 16 years I've played in the Nations Cup, I've played for a few different teams. But every team I've played for, I always felt a sense of pride and responsibility for the nation I was playing for. This came from the emotions and pride the true ethnic players on the team and the organisation showed for their nationality. And isn't that what this tournament is all about?

I love the fact that club players can cut those ties and compete against each other on that same competetive level.

leechy tactics

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch out for INDIA

Average age of 20 and a bunch of skill to go with our fitness. Look for India to make it to the finals once again. :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JSarai

You are seriously going to miss your PCSL match to play with India in the Nations Cup??? How does Khalsa feel about this??? You play for almost a full season with a team that has had good success and then when the League title is on the line you fcuk off??? Say it isn't so... That in itself says a lot about a lad's character and commitment... You are a brilliant player and without you and Alan your team would be average at best... We had a couple of good battles with you lot this year, but all matches like it are a waste of time if key players decide they have more important places to be when the stakes are the highest...
We all know India will have a skillful and fit team, but it is attitudes and inexperience that everyone focus' on!!! Ireland, England, Germany, Italy and Scotland may not be as fit as India, BUT they have character and experience that youth just can never make up for...

Sorry in advance if I miss read your last post and you are in fact playing against Victoria this Saturday!!! Good luck to the Khalsa squad, everyone around the league hates those ego infested Victoria lads!!!

PCSLpride,Guinness

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness,

My guess is he and many others will play both...........with there youth and fitness this shouldn't pose any problems for them:D Not to mention the morning game vs Scotland might help there decision one way or another!

Good luck to everyone this weekend,

John

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitabootboabie/IL DUCE/FUHRER?

WAB is not German, but circumstances beyond my control has brought me to the Germans.

OK, OK...

I guess fascists stick together
like spaghetti and black leather!

Sik heil mein Fuhrer!!

Cheers,

POW Wullie

leechy tactics

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

who is Guinness? do i know you?
yes, playing victoria is a big deal in the PCL. Especially now that we are tied with them at the top of the league. However, nations cup is a big deal to me as well. I've only played in a couple of nations cup tournaments in my short career, and i feel that this is as close to the world cup as i'm going to get. We are all amatuers, and nations cup is by far one of the most anticipated tournaments of the year. All the communities try to put out its best players (except italy and croatia, they should be contenders, but they never put out their best side). Also, the tournament is a major outing for fans of the game. Two years ago, when india beat england in extra time in the finals, the richmond review said that there was close to 4000 fans at the game. Thats more than whitecaps and pcl put together
I think by playing both nations and pcl, i will get the best of both worlds. If myself and others miss nations, the community will be dissapointed. I'm not going to miss the game against victoria.
Khalsa will use me if need be. We have alan who is tearing up the league. A few players from india will not start against victoria, but khalsa has picked up a few ringers who will do fine against vic united.

you are right about the character of the team being a crucial part. I don't know how you question my character. you are basing it on a few lines that i wrote on ttp. You're pretty bad @ judging character from what i see. Jumping the gun a bit, don't you think?

India will be a young side, but it was time to rebuild and carry only a few veterans and give the youth some experience. Every team needs to do it, and many don't. we will see how much character plays a factor in this tournament. Youth vs old timers, we will see what the outcome is.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the communities try to put out its best players (except italy and croatia, they should be contenders, but they never put out their best side

Fcuk we had a great side last year and and a very good team ready to go this weekend. Last year we made the finals after missing 4 years and dispossed of India on the way...maybe you guys should try to put out your best players.....:confused:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Jsarai

Good on ya mate!!!
I was just Taking the Piss to get a response out of you... I'm not questioning your character, just trying to get the low down before tomorow!!!;) Happy to see your commitment to both squads (they need you)... For the record I hope you pummel those Island twats, they're the most arrogant bastards I've ever played against...:eek:
Good luck tomorow and hit the pints hard tomorow night!!!:D

Guinness (#22 Surrey United)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice back-pedaling by Guinness. Can't blame him though when he's up against someone with ten times his talent.

and twice his height....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

The 'worm' off might happen but then again, it might not. I have to do things spontaneously and being pressured into such an event, could only hurt my artistic impression marks. Also, I might only be in the beer garden for a short time today, as I am in the bad books at home thanks to the 12 hour golf tournament I played in yesterday.....

Captain

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts