Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who would you like to see in the Provincials?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
IT'S OVER !

Even I have had enough of this Poco PAU bullshit. Let it go, it's over.

Which 4 teams would we like to see represent the FVSL this year in provincials.?

This should probably be a new thread, but I'm tired of this shite I've been reading over the last few days.

Any thoughts ?

Skip, do not even dare to post something like "well as league champions we obviously are one". That will just annoy certain people and we will be off again where we left off.

Cheers:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good call Crafty, I too am totally sick of reading PAU AND Poco go on and on and on and on and on. Please, lets try something new. I hope you don't mind, but I moved your post here.

TheRob will start a poll tomorrow. Ask him. He told me so himself.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No poll for you. :knvb:

The first three that I think deserve to be there are pretty obvious. PAU, GEU, and Poco are easily the class of the league. It's too bad that one of GEU or Poco could quite possibly not make it.

Two months ago I would have said that Delta should get the other spot. Since then though, they've slumped. A lot of suspensions and hard luck, but I wonder if they can recover enough to put up a fight in the first round.

I'm not sure about the Rangers this year. Granted they won their league by 157 points, but I don't think Div.1 was all that good this year. No offence but below them, Poco and the Highlanders there wasn't much. Of course getting past Langley and then PAU could be tough for them.

GN? I don't know. Great in the first third. Not bad in the second. Shocking in the last capped off by a 5 - 0 thrashing at the hands of Chilliwack. They don't deserve a Provincial spot.

Chilliwack has done alright this year considering they lost several key guys from last year. I don't think that they would do much in a Provincial game vs. a VMSL team.

Langley, and Pegasus? No. Sorry.

So I guess I think that if the FVSL was to be represented fairly, then the fourth spot would hopefully go to Delta. Assuming they get everything sorted out, they deserve the fourth spot. Friday's games will give a better indication of who the top two might be, but until then, only PAU is in.

How's that?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
historical........

No poll for you

The same words uttered by the greatest man ever born, Winston Churchill, to his old mucker Adolf Hitler in mid 1939.

The similarities with The Rob end there.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seen as Geu tend to play either up or down to its opposition, I think Geu would best represent the valley this year. I havent seen the Div 1 Rangers, but I 've taken the time to look at their score sheet for the year and was surprised to see that they won most of their games by one goal.
So I think it is obvious that PAU, GEU, and POCO clearly have the best shot at denting a Vancouver or island team in the provincials.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the past two seasons, I don't think any Valley team has faired as well (oxymoron) in the Provincials as the Rangers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but:

2001: 3-0 loss vs. Gorge (who ended up beating Peg 2-0, I think, in the finals).

2002: 2-1 or 1-0 loss last year vs. Sapperton, including a missed PK in injury time.

Last season, Poco went to PKs vs. the Argies, but that team hardly compares with Gorge, who went to the Nationals, or Sap, who went to the final 4 (I think).

My memory is a little sketchy. My point is, the Rangers have the experience and the horses. They seem to take the regular season decidedly less seriously, then kick it in around this time. They make sure all of their 22 or so signees get good time in the regular season, but shorten the bench for the Cups.

That about right Ranger?

Dude- Ranger's pom-pom boy.:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Over the past two seasons, I don't think any Valley team has faired as well (oxymoron) in the Provincials as the Rangers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but:

2001: 3-0 loss vs. Gorge (who ended up beating Peg 2-0, I think, in the finals).

2002: 2-1 or 1-0 loss last year vs. Sapperton, including a missed PK in injury time.

Last season, Poco went to PKs vs. the Argies, but that team hardly compares with Gorge, who went to the Nationals, or Sap, who went to the final 4 (I think).

My memory is a little sketchy. My point is, the Rangers have the experience and the horses. They seem to take the regular season decidedly less seriously, then kick it in around this time. They make sure all of their 22 or so signees get good time in the regular season, but shorten the bench for the Cups.

That about right Ranger?

Dude- Ranger's pom-pom boy.:rolleyes:

I felt I should quote Dude's full post because the lad really does know his shite.
I wish to correct only two minor points to improve your glowing recommendation.
First, we lost to Gorge 2-0 that year.
They scored both in the last ten minutes.
Secondly, we lost to Sapp 1-0 last year, again in the last ten minutes on a cracking goal.
In fact, if the silver fox hadn't shite the bed with his PK miss at 90 minutes - who knows? :cool:

Actually, upon review, this may mean we DON'T have the horses. :( :D
Horse cokcs maybe, but ........

I would like to see us in the provincials too. :D

Give me an "R" - R
Give me an "A" - A

:rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't hate us cause we're beautiful

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
Skip, do not even dare to post something like "well as league champions we obviously are one". That will just annoy certain people and we will be off again where we left off.

Crafty,

I can't help it if I am proud of my team's recent accomplishment. Would you want me not to include ourselves in this mix??! Obviously I think we would be one of the top four FVSL entries.

I also think that Poco plays a nice brand of soccer, and are worthy of being in the competition.

As much as it pains me to say it, GEU could potentially fair well in the Provincials if they manage to lure a VMSL team into their style of game. They are the biggest team in our league and would match up best in that regard against the bigger, stronger VMSL teams. Our tournament ended in disaster last season vs Surrey United because we didn't match up well in these areas. I think you would see some tinkering and changing in the look of our team and style of play if we were to draw a team like them again this year. Mind you, we were a very depleted side for that game last year, having only 13 players dressed, and 3 or 4 key players out......anyway....by-gones.

The fourth entry is a little more difficult. It would have to be between Delta, the Rangers, and GN .
Of those three teams, the Rangers have the most experience, and proven winners, and this can make a huge difference in a big match.

GN impressed me this year. They are a talented team, and can compete when they choose to. The knock on them would be their inconsistency, and lack of desire. I would venture to say that adversity in the GN camp is not necessarily a positive motivator. This team competes when they have hope, but fold the tent as soon as hope begins to fade.

Delta looked impressive at times, but showed their lack of experience by absolutely falling apart in the home stretch this season. I think they need another year or two to gain valuable experience, and mature as a team before they become a bonified force.

So... because I am an old fukc myself......and know the value of experience and character in a football team, my vote goes to the
Rangers.

Skip out

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: don't hate us cause we're beautiful

Originally posted by Skip
Obviously I think we would be one of the top four FVSL entries.

Skip,

Of course, that is not what I meant. I originally posted on the FVSL Premier League (Second Half) thread to change things up because I was tired of your on going pissing match with Poco. I was then officially moderated to a new thread.:(

Sorry for the confusion:confused:

PAU
POCO
RANGERS
DELTA

PAU and POCO from the league
RANGERS and DELTA from the cup.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: don't hate us cause we're beautiful

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney

RANGERS and DELTA from the cup.

Rangers I can see but Delta don't have the fire power. They were a better side last year,more of a threat.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: don't hate us cause we're beautiful

Originally posted by girth
Rangers I can see but Delta don't have the fire power. They were a better side last year,more of a threat.

You have not seen our new secret weapon... :eek:

Mmmmmmwaaa
Mmmmwaaa Hwaaa Hwaaa
Mmmmwaaa Hwaaa Hwaaaaaaaa

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're all fcuked

Skippy: nice new avatar by the way - I like it.
I can see Regs' wallet bulging as we speak.:rolleyes: :D

Guys, guys, guys.
Cheerios in the biggest way on the flattering comments.
You do realize if we beat Langley, and I emphasize if, we have to pull off the upset of the century to even stand a chance of making the final?
Please bear in mind we have to make the final to make the BCs.

Anyhoo, if we do it, I do believe we can still compete at the BCs and hopefully be respectable for the league.

I've watched all of you jackasses play this year and must say I've been impressed overall with the top 6 in the league.

The league would be well served as follows:

PAU - Damage will be done.
PoCo - Ditto.
GEU - Who knows?
Delta - The return of Omerud along with their "secret weapon" could impress.

That is all.
Just one simple man's opinion,

RF

:)

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC hopefuls...

the teams that play the nicest football in the Valley should represent it well in the BC's (we hope :( ). I think the best teams are:

PAU :wa:
Poco :rolleyes:

GEU might be able to goon out a win in the BCs, but they don't play great soccer. They'll make it in one way or another through the Pak.

My fourth choice...... gotta be GN :eek: I have been most impressed by their play this year, a young squad that can stroke it around. Untill they shat the bed at the end of the year, they were legit contenders. They have pace and skill, and might do well in the BCs if they play like they can

mytwocents

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: don't hate us cause we're beautiful

Originally posted by girth
Delta don't have the fire power. They were a better side last year,more of a threat.

I agree with your second point. We were a better side last year, more of a threat. Fourth position this year is our worst finish in three seasons. However, the fire power still exists with the exception of one Scott Williams who was a major scoring threat to everybody in the league last year despite his off the wall approach. Taking 16 points from 21 in the middle of this season didn't come from nowhere.;)

Cheers

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks for the provincials

The obvious two teams PAU and POCO should be in, i also think one of them will make the finals of the pak cup, so GEU will be in for sure. I think the last spot will be up for grabs, and it truely is anyones. I know GN wants it, but not bad enough, Delta was nothing special all year, Rangers could do something, they have all the experience. But im guessing PEG will take the last spot, im sure Roy will buy a few hondorus national players for the big cup.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts