Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will win the Co-ed opening tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No poll this time that is way too much effort...

My favourite going in is the new "RAY'S" team :eek: They are going in with 3 practices :rolleyes: under their belt:mad:

Let's hear it folks...

Group A
Rockets
Mtn. Shadow
Still Drinking Beer
Gunners

My Prediction for winning group A - Rockets (sorry Jer)

Group B
Union Jackers
Ray's Team
Cat & Fiddle
Cosmos

My Prediction for winning Group B - Ray's team

Group C (3 teams only)
Allover United
The Tryhards
Mavericks

My Prediction for winning Group C - The Tryhards (but of course)

Group D (3 teams only)
Arse-nal
QLT Quake
Hairy Rorange Cheatside

My Prediction for winning Group D - Hairy Rorange Cheatside (with a struggle beating QLT) :rolleyes:HBDECHEATSIDE will also have the best camp set-up which will hold them back from winning the tourney Too many BBQ'd sausages or something~

Ray's team to meet the Tryhards in the final - Ray's team winning :eek:

Yeah right :cool: we'll just see what happens -Let the games begin! :D

Notice how the Young Guns aren't even breaking in at the tourney? :rolleyes: They must be saving themselves:rolleyes:

oneweektogo!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW!!!

Don't know if Tryhards will make the final. Yoda won't be at any games on Saturday because of his stag, and 3 others are going to try to play the morning game and still make Yoda's stag in the afternoon.

The only thing going for us is even though we will all be hung over from the stag, eveyone else should be, I mean better be, hung over too.

:D

I know at least the Dragoons will be, right SC?

:cool:

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sexualchocolate

Group A
Rockets
Mtn. Shadow
Still Drinking Beer
Gunners

My Prediction for winning group A - Rockets (sorry Jer)

ouch.....I thought we'd at LEAST rank as winning our group....i think we'll beat the rockets though....we've stolen, I mean convinced, two of their players to play for us this year...

As for the BBQ's - you'll have to contend with Matty's team - they're bringing a camper and three Q's!

oh well, good luck everyone!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Who will win the Co-ed opening tourney?

Originally posted by J R

ouch.....I thought we'd at LEAST rank as winning our group....
Jer, no one else was contributing to this thread, so I had to say SOMEthing:rolleyes:

I don't think we are going to do THAT well either:eek:

As for the BBQ's - you'll have to contend with Matty's team - they're bringing a camper and three Q's!

SC and the Dragons can't compete with this, we only have a few straglgers joining forces...It is all in the hands of Cheatside to show their stuff!

I'm heading out to prepare for this tourney, oops, I mean I'm going straight to bed, waking up early to eat and mentally prepare myself for the opening match:rolleyes: Can someone at least tell me what my team looks like when I show up to the field?

+SCmaysmelllikeCRupongametime;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm voting for my team to win the tourney ....:rolleyes:

I am also curious as to what team I am playing on, what time the game is and to the location of Bryant Big Country Reeves park?

juntasforallttperstomorrow,eventherob;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
one more post before I 'make like a baby and head out'

Appy, it is not MY TEAM as you so nicely put it. I'll have you know that you are actually going to be playing with me (soccer, not other), which isn't going to make you very happy:eek: (considering a few posts back).

Anyhow, you are obviously not up to speed, but your team has joined forces with my team for the tourney. Hense, the "Hairy Rorange Cheatside" (history in the name).

Bring a blue shirt, and an orange shirt (bright yellow or red will suffice). Black or dark blue bottoms to match! ;)

+SCishopingforsomemedicinalinfluencetomorrow:eek:

game start 12noon , see you at 11:55am! :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC, there will be no hard feelings when we play..(If I can wake up) My junta is your junta...

Supposedly Jimmy Holiday is gonna give me a ride so unless it rains it should be a "high" time for everyone...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by The Apprentice
SC, there will be no hard feelings when we play..(

"Damn" IguessIdon'tdoitforyou :eek:

Lastpost,see you tomorrow "Star!" ;)

+SC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
disappointing first day...

Not only did we lose the second game, but SC wasn't invited to join the Appy's junta circle:eek:

Appy,
you're a STAR for sure ;) how many goals did you score?

Jinky was also dominant in the pipes, unlike JH:eek:

Unless we pick it up, the Hairy Rorange Cheatside won't make it through to the finals:(

+SCjustgottheMackers'goingoutshout:cool:

see you tomorrow with CR breath:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no detailed game reports - but this instead

Too many BBQ'd sausages or something~ hence the poor finish for the HairyRorangeCheatside (both days):rolleyes:

from The President:
Sc's response:
SC and the Dragons can't compete with this, we only have a few straglgers joining forces...It is all in the hands of Cheatside to show their stuff!
- hence the poor result today:rolleyes:

From Yogi:
WOW!!!
Don't know if Tryhards will make the final. Yoda won't be at any games on Saturday because of his stag, and 3 others are going to try to play the morning game and still make Yoda's stag in the afternoon.

The only thing going for us is even though we will all be hung over from the stag, eveyone else should be, I mean better be, hung over too.
you guys can obviously pull it off no matter what the conditions are like! :eek:

In my eyes, Ray's team WINS -for being the team lasting the longest on the pitch! (good showing)

It is great to see the quality of the teams out there this weekend. Things are looking up for the league. I'm glad to see that the reffing was spot on :rolleyes: as usual.

Thanks Jer for making the weather hold out for us! - Good Luck to all of you in the league :D

Congrats to The Gibbons - way to start off the season:cool:

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Season Opening Tourney

Good to see everyone out for the season opening tournament this weekend. The league hasn't seen this calabre of players since, well, since last years' tournament. :D

Congratulations to Try Hard FC for their 4-1 triumph over the struggling Mountain Shadow team. Our lack of bench hurt us - plus the copious amounts of pre-game bevies didn't help much either. That's twice in a row too! Hopefully the third time's the charm......

SC - maybe it was the curse of the buddha that hurt you - but you're right it was most likely the BBQ'd sausages. ;)

good luck in the season everyone! See you at the far post!

J R

P.S. Everyone beware the beernuts....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was ugly

Congrats to the Gibbons who won the tourney without me.
That's pretty impressive work when the force isn't with you.
:D

Yoda, did finally make an aweful appearance in the finals. Wished I hadn't suited up. It was an aweful display of soccer. I couldn't seem to kick any of the 3 balls I was seeing.

As evidenced by the shot on goal from the top of the 18 that went for a through in on the other side of the field.
:eek:

Good Luck to all this season.

See ya on the pitch.

:cool:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As evidenced by the shot on goal from the top of the 18 that went for a through in on the other side of the field.

My word , that was you:eek:

I'm still in shock from the shocker final, but more so, I'm still nursing my sore hand that was burnt by the HOT HOT HOT chocolate made on Notty's Tahoe Dutch Oven! :eek:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey SC-Ray's team has a name.....

..... "The Beer Nuts".......

and we did well for a team just thrown together and it was the first time most of us had played co-ed!!!

Ray said we can in 4th place after losing our semi final by 1 goal! ARGH! But we couldn't complain!

I think we were also the party anmials as we were still on the pitch after 7pm and no one else was around...... ;)

:D Spazz

YAYfortheBeerNuts

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's true but....

Originally posted by Spazz
I think we were also the party anmials as we were still on the pitch after 7pm and no one else was around...... ;)

....there were a half dozen dragons and mountain shadow diehards that stuck around to drown our sorrows with a few pints.....

PS - next time tell your beer-man [Ray] to remember to bring more than a case of beer! :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't blame Ray....

as we were counting on our "Beer Man" Jamie but he pulled a no-show for Sunday......

I'd say we did pretty good for a team with not much beer as the last of us literally staggered off...... (slurring too in G-man's case...)

But I admit some Dragons were on the other side for a while.....

Can't wait for the games to begin! :D

Spazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts