Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will win the 2003 Co-Ed "A" Final?

Who's gonna win the 2003 Co-ed "A" Final?

• Cheatside

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Young-Guns

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Yada Yada

I prefer brand new dryfit shorts and shirts over the ever popular 100% cotton t-shirts everyone else likes. How were they in the 35 degree heat today?

A tad warm. I'd ask you how the dryfits were, but they were probably in your dresser waiting for next year.

But i have to admit, I wasn't the only one who thought the t-shirts were cheesy.

Hey, we'd have it no other way. We knew no one would want to talk about the game if we won, so why not give them something else to whine about?

You guys had a great record this year, only one loss. Who did you guys lose to?

You guys. We had three guys and a 1st time goalie wearing runners. You lent us a girl to bring our team numbers up to 10, and when we started to make a game out of it, you told us she couldn't play for us anymore. Maybe you could make your own dryfit t-shirts and put that one accomplishment of yours on it.

Let the TTP wars begin!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys actually made up championship T-shirts? As far as pisstakes go, that's not a bad one, BUT it's still gay. I know you're dying to have someone ask so here it goes. What would you have done if you had of lost?

There you go.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our "Second Place" tees got stuck at the printers so we couldn't bring them out yesterday :rolleyes:

Aside from the reffing and the fact, like Yoda said, we couldn't hit the net I thought it was good game. YG's were full marks for the win and "white boots" was on fire :(

Cheers to all Cheatsiders for a great year, we have an awesome group of people, hopefully everyone will stick together and we'll be able to add another year to our "Second Place" tees !!

Cheers, mackers.

PS. By the way YG's in case you didn't get my sarcasm, poor form on your "Championship" Tees :mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: More Yada Yada

Originally posted by Dial 9-1-1
I'd ask you how the dryfits were, but they were probably in your dresser waiting for next year.
Nope getting drycleaned and ready for printing. Today we are getting Vernon Co-ed Tournament Champs 2003 put on them.
:rolleyes:

You lent us a girl.....

Actually, we didn't lend her, she just went over there and started dressing up, she didn't even come over to our side.

If we were going to lend you a player it wouldn't have been someone that good. It probably would have been me. :)

We were told you had more players coming and to lend you players to keep it close until your other players showed up is obviously not in our best interest . You guys are a good team, we have to take the opportunities when they arise.

PS: I hope your shirts shrink after one wash and you can't wear them. :)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tumble Dry Only

PS: I hope your shirts shrink after one wash and you can't wear them.

As long as they last until next year (when they'll be outdated and we'll have to add another year) I'll be happy. ;)

Hey, for the record, only 1-2 people knew about the shirts prior to the final whistle, and I wasn't one of them. I'm guessing that if we lost, no one would have been the wiser and our beer fund would have mysteriously been $350 in the hole.

Mackers, the shirts weren't supposed to be a slap in the face of Cheatside. Apologies if your team took it that way. I don't know why we're so successful against your squad. I'm guessing it's just a whole lot of bad karma from the Benji incident 4 years ago.

Bottom line, co-ed or not, we're happy to be the champs. It's not easy to win this league, and we don't exactly have the youngest roster. Let us enjoy it while we can.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Un-Fricken-Believable

This has got to be the most classless thing I have read!!

I find the interesting thing is that you lot don't even think you did anything wrong:(

Lean

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We don't take it as a slap in the face as i'm sure you had the shirts made at the beginning of the year :rolleyes: Lean does make a good point, you haven't once admitted you were wrong in making the shirts(I know Regs disagrees ;))

Still bringing up that Benji thing hey....God knows there's no way we could have beat you guys without him :rolleyes:

Enjoy your victory, maybe come up with a different way of celebrating next year like hanging out with us afterwards for a couple drinks !!

Cheers, mackers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I do disagree :D

I think it was a great piss-take! Every team in professional sports that participates in a championship game of some sort does it so why not a team in the AMSL?

The precedent has been set... how many teams will come up with shirts for the season next year?

:D

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

That is a great design.
I want to be a Dragon now! :(

I think the league actually has the shirts made don't they? And they do both teams playing.

Maybe in all fairness they should have done up shirts for Cheatside too, then it wouldn't have been such an issue.

Why don't you do a print on each side of the t-shirt. That way in the event that some one actually knocks off YG's :)eek: ) then you can turn them inside out and give them to the winners.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fine, i'll play that game then....here is the new Cheatside uniform for next year....(nice shirts Regs !!)

Cheers, mackers.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has Hell Frozen Over?

I almost choked on my cheerios. Regs agrees with me?

Hey Mackers, we're over that Benji incident. Really.;)
I've totally forgotten that he scored both of your goals.

I'm serious though, you gotta call up Professeur Whatever-his-name-is (he advertises in the Burnaby News) and have him reverse that spell/curse that the Cheatsiders have been hexed with.

As for hanging out for drinks after the game with you, I would have been all for it, but I thought only the Goons had that honour.

Oh Yeah, I'm sure Yoda will let you know soon enough, but you didn't come in second last year, so you'll have to edit that shirt a bit.

Lean. I'm sorry. Even though I never ordered the shirts or knew about them until they came out of the box, I'm sorry.
There, I said it.

Striker and Spazz, wherever you are, I'm sorry too. PM me and let me know how you're doing.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't actually see last year on that t-shirt, but I do see next year. Are you predicting a Dragons - Cheatside final next year Mackers?;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shirts fine?

Mackers,
You didn't come in second last year, we did.
So it's a good thing you didn't put Second Place 2002 on there.

Dial 9-1-1,
Did you forget to change your calendar?
:confused:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oops

Dial 9-1-1, Did you forget to change your calendar?

My bad. The days, the months, the years...they're all a blur.

When you're getting attacked from all fronts, like I do on a regular basis, the odd brain fart is in order.

Ok, let me guess the next reply:

"Dial: The 'odd' brain fart? You are a brain fart. Here's a dancing banana for you, wanker."
:wa:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda/TheRob,

You kill me, the sarcasm is awesome, poor Dial 9-1-1 !!

TheRob,

I don't actually see last year on that t-shirt, but I do see next year. Are you predicting a Dragons - Cheatside final next year Mackers?

...nice one !! It would be an honour to lose to you Goons in the final next year, I don't know how we lost to you with the almighty Benji in our lineup in 2000, God knows the YG's couldn't do it :D

Cheers, mackers.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benji didn't play!!

Well I must admit quite alot of talk over some t-shirts!!I don't see why there's such a big deal being made, like 911 said if we had lost no one knew about it!!As for people thinking it's in poor taste,every one is entitled to an opinion!!But honestly in my view the only people's opinion that I personally cared about is the players of YG!!Just to let every one know not one player is upset with there shirt!!As for mackers comment on
I don't know how we lost to you with the almighty Benji in our lineup in 2000, God knows the YG's couldn't do it
A friendly reminder that after every one figured how many games he had actually played in league,you guys got to burn us with him and than the Dragons protested,so he didn't play in the final!!!By the way mackers give your team some credit,I personally see you as the favorites next year.I can't believe you already predicted Cheatside to come in second!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough about the t-shirts!!

You all sound like a bunch of women bickering about the t-shirts and past seasons - so I decided that a woman had better post about it. The shirts look pretty sharp and they in no way were meant as a slag despite how many of you feel about it. They were just a nice gesture from the guy who runs our team to say congratulations to our players.

Mackers I never would have shown the damn shirt to you if I knew you were going to go on and on about it. It's over... it wasn't meant to piss you off despite how angry you may feel.

Let's look forward to the Loops or Vernon (depending on what piss-up you are going to:D ) and move on.

It was a great co-ed season with many better stories than this.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they in no way were meant as a slag

What a load of rubbish.

Of course it was a piss-take and it was a good one as long as you can back it up with a win.

Wearing the shirts after a loss would have been an even better piss-take.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats, I guess...

The Young Guns with bragging rights, what else does this world need?:rolleyes:

Dial, Conductor et al,

Good stuff, you usually pull it out when you want to. Have a good, long wait for next season, since nothing else exciting happens to you guys during the coed 'off season';)

+SC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
by the way...

Regs, are you taking over the t-shirt orders next year? I think we found our winner!:D

Mackers, does your Missus wear those shirts to bed, or are they used for cleaning rags?:p

+SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts