Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Who will win side "A"?

Who will win side "A"?

• Alemania SC

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Club Ireland

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Nomads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Shore Falcons

• Bosna SC

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • CHKSPA

• Westside C-men

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Point Grey Rangers ‘B’

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can, please say why since I definitely need some education on these divisions... what the hell... I'll take Club I just to keep on the Captain's good side.

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pissed on...

I'm taking Club I simply because with Burnsie and Gordy Mac alone they could piss on some Div. 1 sides, nevermind Div.2. It's really quite a shame they'll never play the Meralomas as the 'lomas will be going down next season as Club I go up...........

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ethnic Vote

I'll pick Bosna for two reasons: (1) after relegation, they'll be hungry to get back where they think they belong, and (2) to stay on the Captains bad side.

coolhead

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to pick Club Ireland for promotion this year. Last year they came within a goal of promotion with one of the youngest teams in Div 2. This year the young core of the team is returning with the addition of three or four veterans signed from a top club in the best league in the province.

How can you vote against them?

Coolhead

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 A

I am going against the consensus on this one and not voting for Club Ireland:
1. Bosnia is recently down from Div 1 and will be looking for promotion.
2. Club Ireland choked last year what is to stop them from doing it again? (I know I am going to get flak for this one!)
3. The added pressure of being favourites could cause problems for Club I.
4. Alemania has a big strong team always capable of the upset.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
choked?

Nickel,

What happened to Club I, was not what I would call "Choke".
Shaheen Hawks (the team that got promoted) brought out some ringers when they played us. At the beginning of the season they lost one game to a fight, one to default (against us), and a another because they were crap. About half way through the season the ringers appeared and they were smoking everyone.

That's no real excuse, but we were not prepared to deal with such a team.

This year will be different. As stated before we have our core of young guns back again and three or four (Alan?!?!?) seasoned veterans added. I'm sure it won't easy but I see the Mighty I making thier move back towards the premier ranks.

Gracously (sp) yours in the piss taking
Biteme

coolhead

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I didn't choke last year, but a crucial mistake was made.

It was an important mid-season match. The opposition, playing their kick and rest system, had just hoofed another one over the visitor bench towards the highway. A key member of Club Ireland, I will call him 'coach', attempted to disrupt the oppositions system by catching the ball before it reached the highway. A minor miscalculation lead to a dislocated finger, colourful languange, and an eventual trip to a nearby hospital. Before Club I could recover from this devastating loss, the match ended in a draw and two crucial points were lost.

This year Club I is a year older and wiser. Our zero tolerance 'no hoof catching' policy should prevent a similar mistake from happening again.

Coolhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chokers

Yes, Club Ireland choked last year. I am not sure who put us a favorites but someone has to be. Right? It will be very difficult, like in any league where promotion is involved, to win the league. I don't know anything about the other teams and don't care to. The best team will win at the end. I can guarantee one thing: We will have the best uniforms in the league.

No guarantees otherwise.

I will see you at training tomorrow Biteme and Coolhead.

Rumor has it, we have a new striker in town, who just moved in from Germany of all places..........Analysis to come after training tomorrow....

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you greet the German

Don't forget to shake his hand and call him, "meine liebe". That should gets you off on the right foot.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
close but not quite right

Coolhead,

The game you mentioned was not a tie but a lose.

Captain,

You telling me we got a striker, a natural goal scorer. I'm just giddy with excitement. I was told the last practice was quite intense, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

VMSL Webmaster
When the hell is the damn site going to be updated. I don't car to look at last years results:mad:

Biteme..out

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
meine lieber or meine liebe?

Keeper,

I'm not sure of the piss take yet, if at all, but I looked up meine liebe and nothing was produced. Mein lieber came up as 'buddy'. In most countries, buddy is a harmless word. But then again, I guess we are talking about Germany. :)

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Concerned

Keeper,

After signing and speaking to our new German striker named Vitoria(Italian Father), he was concerned about the term that you told me to mention to him. He is seriously concerned that you might be a popo stecker . I told him that I didn't think so but he was concerned......

Hauptmann Kleeblatt

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
excellent site updated

Biteme,

They listened to your pleas it appears.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Biteme,

Thanks for the stomping you gave me in training. Not only did it hurt, but you put my fcuking team in the middle again. :)

As for the golf, we're going to have to work on your driving. It tends to 'shank' a bit to the right. We will work on it next training session. :)

Coolhead,

A good effort depite your complaints that the course was designed for a left-footed player........It wasn't by the way.

Captain

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anytime

I was trying to stomp on that left foot. That would render you helpless. That game we were playing (keep-away) was such a simple game yet so many players could not get it right. Some couldn't count (1 touch, 2 touch , 3 touc....dooo to many), some just pounded the ball when they got it.

Anyway, you coming to practice tonight?

I challenge you to a rematch of golf. Lets see...head down, concentrate on the ball.....be one with the ball....and....shank to the right...oh well.

Bye for now

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See ya there

Yes, I will be there, Biteme and if the mosquitoes are not too prominent, we will be on for another golf match. After all, I am the hard core champion and my belt can be taken 24 - 7.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts