Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Will Take Home Gold

Who Will Take Home Gold?

• Canada

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • United States

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Czech Republic

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Finland

• Russia

• Sweden

• Slovakia

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Olympics are closing in and this is the Perfect Time to let TTPers vote for who they think will win the Gold Medal at Salt Lake City. Enjoy!

O

oldenglish

Canda always has a good team but I don't think they will win it. I am picking the czecks because they have a good goalie and their style of play is very effective in olympic hockey.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will be prepared this time

Canada will win the gold medal this time. We will be much more prepared this time and I am happy that the canadians to the europeans to go Fcuk themselves and had the training session. The european teams have cheated the system for years and now they are whinging about the canadians. Screw them:D

Our team will be picked with the big ice surface in mind and will ready to go when they drop the puck!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to go with my heart, and say Canada, but I'm not sure. I think there are a few teams that have a legitimate shot this year. Watch out for Sweden if Forsberg comes back. Russia will be very good, especially with Fetisov coaching. The States will be good, and of course the Czecks will be tough.

Can't wait until February!:cool:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gotta go with the canadians

i say canada will win it.. they will be prepared this time.. coaching is great and so is the supporting cast around it.. if they stay healthy they will take it hands down.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In that case, I'll pick the Czech's. They seem to have the grit like Canadians and the finese of Swedes and Fins. Mind you, I think Canada is going to be extremely driven to make up for '98 -- they'll do better than last time 'round.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Great Britain make it to the Olympic finals

...if so I'll say that Canada will win:p

Love to see the GB Ice Hockey machine make the Olympics...it would be like putting PGR in the prem!...just kidding Kurgs:D

thegbmeanmachine!

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
go canada!!!

will be following salt lake with interest from land down under. Go canada ...go cujo.

do they really go to dumbass shootout to decide game at olympics:confused:

cant understand the big stink over "training" camp. surely allowing players to represent their country to the best of their ability is paramount.

gohardorgohome:cool:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gold

Ya gotta go with CANADA!!! even though at least 5 teams have a legitamit shot at the top prize!!! The Ruskies will be good (Khabibulin is sharp)...Czechs are defending Champs, but I wouldn't pick them to medal this time around (Jagr and Hasek are not looking like world beaters)!!! The Yanks are going to be real solid (power and finese up front; Guerin, Tkachuk, Weight, LeClair, Roenick and Modano), however we as Canadians can never forget losing the last Canada Cup/World Cup in our own back yard!!! The swedes are going to be a dark horse even without Forseburg (Salo world class, Sundin and Naslund are two of the top 10 players in the world) watch out!!!

My picks (going with heart/head):

Gold = Canada
Silver = Sweden
Bronze = USA (over Russia)

Guinnesscan'twaitforthegamestobegin!!!:D :D

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Yanks won't even make the bronze medal game!

I'm gonna have to go with my home team Wayne Gretzky's Canadians. Even if we lose (the Belfast born) Owen Nolan, we will just replace him with Joe Thornton(tied for 1st in the NHL scoring race). The first game will be the toughest, the Swedes are looking fcukin' great,but they will only take the silver. Russia will take the Bronze beating the Czechs.

Gold=Canada
Silver=Sweden
Bronze=Russia
4th=Czech Republic
5th=Finland
6th=I think the Americans might be able to handle this lowely spot :D :p

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks!!!!

Gold- CAN
Silver- RUSSIA
Bronze- SWEDEN

Sweden beats the Czechs in the bronze match.

US finishes 5th!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OH CANADA

Prediction:

Gold: CANADA
Siler, bronze, 4th, 5th, 6th...: who the fcuk cares.

GO CANADA GO

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Medals

Gold = Canada
Silver = Russia
Bronze = Sweden
but it all depends on who has to face Canada in the quarters

I think the US has an amazing set of forwards but has no goalie!! All depends on how Richter plays.

Giddy Up the fun begins on the 15th

ifa

Jan 31, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
my picks

1)CANADA
2)USA
3)CZECH
4)SWEDEN

How would ya like to see Canada V Usa in the final? I think that would make for a great pint session.

IFASAYSFCUKTHEYANKEEINBREDJEDDS.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts