Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will light the Flame?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little disapointing that Michael J Fox was not involved in any way.

I was thinking about the MJ Fox participation thing, and it is possible his health issues may not be good enough for him to carry the torch and he may have passed on it, but i can't imagine him not being asked at all.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The anthem was a little odd but at least it wasn't completely butchered like all the American singers like to do with they're Anthem.

Yeah, i thought the rendition of the anthem was off as well. It seemed off tempo, didn't flow. Can't mess with the national anthem. Maybe keep the instruments and singer, but keep the original anthem tempo/flow.
Otherwise, it just ends up sounding like a remix and a singer getting carried away. At one point i was kind of cringing thinking, i hope Maestro Fresh Wes or Lil Wayne don't jump out here somewhere in this remix. :eek: I'm glad they didn't. Hallelujah. (Great rendition by KD Lang)

But it's definitely not as bad and carried as American singers get, poor Carl Lewis. :D

Anyways, awesome opening ceremonies, overall everything was right on. One of the best opening ceremonies in the Olympics. Best winter opening for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking about the MJ Fox participation thing, and it is possible his health issues may not be good enough for him to carry the torch and he may have passed on it, but i can't imagine him not being asked at all.

He was asked but his Parkinson's is so bad now he didn't want to do it...all the nerves makes his twitches extreme.

It is really to bad though he couldn't have had some part

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was, for a super brief second on a TV commercial inviteing the world to Vancouver. I just saw it. It was so fast. You could tell even for that mili second he has problems.:(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts