Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who the fcuk is George Best???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lad didn't even know who Geoge Best was. Thats like not knowing who Wanye Gretsky is.

Who are you kidding? No comparison, at least not in this country. Any Canadian can be forgiven for not knowing who George Best was (I had no idea, I don't really fcuking care either), but as a Canadian, if you don't know who Gretzky is you have serious problems. Just because we can play the game doesn't mean we should know who all these old English footballers were.

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude-wmc

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?

Just because we can play the game doesn't mean we should know who all these old English footballers were.

He's no English mate!:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop me if you've heard this one before...

George Best is the finest player to ever come from Wales. For confirmation of this indisputable fact please ask CDK.

As you were, Fastshow.

header

Mar 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy your posts to other people and there weight just go to show your overly large "little man syndrome you have"Im sure he can lose weight where a wee shite like yourself couldnt put on a pound if you tried. As for playing as a united team . I sure heard a lot of guys talking shite when you wouldnt pull your over ego head off the field to give other guys playing time. Then in the finals against Poco you couldnt even play your own team you put on the kid from youth instead. HMMMM! Not even enough players to field a team? Yeha Im sure those who stood on the sideline as you played the youth really felt united. Shut up whanker your not worth the air I breathe to chat!

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Old Georgie was actually born and raised in Belfast, Ireland. if you want to have a good read, read his biography, that guy has had some life!

Originally posted by Fastshow
George Best is the finest player to ever come from Wales. For confirmation of this indisputable fact please ask CDK.

As you were, Fastshow.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Originally posted by bertrum
Old Georgie was actually born and raised in Belfast, Ireland. if you want to have a good read, read his biography, that guy has had some life!

Who cares aboot him!!....Bobby Orr was born in Parry Sound Ont, and the Great One in Brantford Ont. That's all you need to know...THEY ARE CANADIAN!!!!! Not some foreign shite!!

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hibee

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?

Like I said...who gives a shite. He could be French for all I know, and care (he's not French, is he?).:eek:

Pele obviously gave a shite when he said, and i quote "George Best is the greatest player in the world".

Thankfully, i had the pleasure to watch the guy when he was playing with the mighty Edinburgh Hibees.

Hibernian F.C #1, after PAU that is :D

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Originally posted by Guru

That's all you need to know...THEY ARE CANADIAN!!!!!

Speaking as a foreigner, to which you disrespectfully refer to...........fcuk off ya dafty.

Just need to look at a Canadian team in any sporting event to realize that it's full of foreigners. Check out their names, ethnic origin etc. Hardly Canadian through and through are they?

Do you consider these people shite when they're picking up gold medals for your country, no, you probably cheer them on ya hypocrite.

Don't be so ignorant ya clown.

Now, get back to school sonny!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best Vs Gretzky !?!?!? Sorry, no comparison.

Originally posted by Hibee

Speaking as a foreigner, to which you disrespectfully refer to...........fcuk off ya dafty.

Just need to look at a Canadian team in any sporting event to realize that it's full of foreigners. Check out their names, ethnic origin etc. Hardly Canadian through and through are they?

Do you consider these people shite when they're picking up gold medals for your country, no, you probably cheer them on ya hypocrite.

Don't be so ignorant ya clown.

Now, get back to school sonny!

1st: Gretzky is without question the best to ever play the game....Best isn't even close Pele, Maradona, Batistuta, Rossi....shite even Dave Norman!! Now quit kissin' Best's ass and get back to reality

2nd: I wasn't disrespecting you as a foriegner...but you are in Canada now, and you must have come here for a reason?!?!
It must be that life is better here than in the old country, or you would return...hint hint!!
Born in Canada....You're a Canadian.
Born in some other sub-Canadian country....You're a foriegner!!!
Sorry to break that to you!
Only someone as ignorant as yourself would mistake ethnic origin as ones nationality.
Just because my Grandfather was born in Italy, does not make me any more Italian than his moving to Canada makes him Canadian....are you following me?
Should I slow down for you.....
Next, Who are you refering to picking up medals for Canada and not being Canadian?
You must have your ESP jamed!!! You call me a hypocrite without knowing WHO I "cheer" for!!
You refer to these athletes as "THEY" picking up medals for "MY" country!! Who are "THEY", and how did these people sneak thier a$$es into picking up medals for "MY" country...and how does thier country feel about them expatriating, and winning medals for a "foriegn" country?
Probably the same way we feel about Brett Hull and Adam 'Deadwood'!!! Slime balls who can't make it in thier own country!!

BTW...thanks for the "sonny" comment. ... not so much for the clown though Bozo!!!

The Guru

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
George who?

Hibee,

Don’t be dumb! There is only one player from the Canadian Olympic Hockey Team born outside of Canada- Owen Nolan, born in Belfast…but raised in Canada. The only other non-Canadian born Olympic hockey player I can think of was when Petr Nedved became a Canadian citizen and played for Canada in 1994…when he was in a contract hassle and not playing in the NHL. “Foreigner” means you have come to this country from another, and are not a citizen. If you’re born in Canada, you’re Canadian. Pretty easy to understand, I think.

If you had compared Gretzky to Pele- in terms of worldwide name recognition- you’d have a case. But again: who the fcuk cares? What do I know about George Best now that I didn’t before? Apparently he wrote a book, and he was born in either Wales or Northern Ireland. And apparently he was a pretty good footballer. Good for him, however as a Canadian born kid who grew up playing and the game of soccer (and loving it), but being a hockey fan, I wouldn’t know him if he delivered me my newspaper.

In conclusion, you're dumb, and you smell like poo.
:p

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What am I?

If I was born in Liverpool, England, raised mostly here in Canada, and have dual citizenship?

Perhaps the luckiest man alive..... GO REDS, LIV ERP DOUBLE O L LIVERPOOL FC. I hope LFC meet the Manc scum bags in the semi's so we can beat them for the sixth and seventh time on the trot.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy: simply put, you're a Scouser.:p
A fcuking Ginger Heeded Scouser at that.

If you'd come from somewhere at least 200 miles north of Liverpool, then you could say you're a somebody.
I think that's the reason you praise your buddy who comes fae Ayrshire and supports some team called "Hibs" or "Nibs" or something like that.
It's OK to be a wannabe.

To the rest of you Patriots:
The sooner I'm off to the Caymans the better.

Georgie Best - Superstar - Walks like a woman cause he wears a bra.........

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

What's the point in having a debate if your response is going to be "who the fcuk cares". This is a great website, what would it be like if, every time someone had a point of view or opinion, folk like you and Guru responded with 'who the fcuk cares". Not exactly adding to debate is it?

Learn how to debate or shut yer gub ya peezle.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now don't take me wrong, I am a very proud Canadian who knows that this is THE best country in the world to live/work etc etc (that's why I came here in the first place). But my true "nationality" could never be canadian, since my history lies elswhere. In that respect, MOST people in canada are not "true" canadians ....... only native indians........ because your the history of your lineage begins somewhere else, regardless of whether you were born here or not.

Sage posted that.

It shocks me, the number of dumb-dumb posts coming out of you guys.

Fact: the VAST majority of people who live in Canada were born in Canada.

Fact: Native Canadians are in the minority of people who were born in Canada.

Fact: Most people who live in Canada are "True" Canadians.

My bloodline works like this: My Parental Grandparents were born in Ireland, County Meath outside of Dublin. My Maternal Grandma was the first Caucasian person born in the Queen Charlottes, and my Paternal Grandpa was born in Manitoba. Both of their parents were Germans. So what does that make me? Half Irish, half German? NO! Even though my heritage goes back to Ireland (I don't really acknowledge the German side...not proud of it)- and I'm proud of it- I'm 100% Canadian. I am more proud to be Canadian than to carry an Irish name.
My wife was born in Fiji, so does that make my son Fijian? NO! He’s Canadian! The only proof I need is that everyday when he comes home from daycare, the first thing he asks is “Daddy, can we go play hockey outside?”

Also, I started playing soccer because my Mom enrolled me. I kept playing because I loved it. The game is great on it’s own. It had nothing to do with ANY so called star.

My point is this: as far as I'm concerned, you are Native only to the land on which you were born. You can get extremely technical about everyone's lineage, if you really want.

Oh...to keep on Topic...who the fcuk is George Best? Who the fcuk cares?:p

(BTW Hibbs: you don't want to debate with me...I'll chew you up and spit you out. You're TOO EASY!)

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
George Best

Anyone who calls themselves a FAN of Soccer(Football) should at least have heard of George no matter what nationality you are. I am as Canadian as they come but I am a FAN as well as a player. If you have never heard of the greats you ARE NOT a FAN of Soccer. You're just someone who plays. No one says you have to know a players bio but at least have knowledge of the game you supposedly love.

I don't claim to be an expert but I do know some of the History of the game.

Here is some info for you guys that THINK your Fans.

GEORGE BEST

BORN: Belfast, Northern Ireland, 22nd May 1946

PLAYED FOR: Northern Ireland and Manchester United

HONOURS: 37 caps for Northern Ireland

GOALS: 137 for Manchester United and 10 for Northern Ireland, (including the famous disallowed 'goal' against Gordon Banks!)

INDIVIDUAL HONOURS:

English League Championship medals, 1965 and 1967

European Cup winners medal, 1968

British and European Footballer of the Year trophy, 1968

You can see some great photo's and find some good info at :

http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/icorry/BESTPage.htm

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I never claimed to be a fan (except, sadly, I do follow Team Canada:( ). I can talk the technical aspects of a game as well or better than most. I definitely hold my own on the pitch. I just don't care to be a fan, unless a Canadian is concerned.

Granted, George Best seems like he was a great player. I'm not taking anything away from those of you who follow his career...I'm just saying there is no shame in being a player, but not following the Professional game. I choose not to. It doesn't interest me. Hockey does, so I follow hockey.

In conclusion: I AM NOT A GEORGE BEST FAN...AND I AM PROUD OF IT!

Good day guys! It has been a slice (I know I'll be back...I always get sucked back in:mad: )

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Fact : 200,000 people emigrate to this country EVERY year.

Fact: Some of these people then go on to gain Canadian citizenship after 3 years.

Fact: Having gained Canadian citizenship they go on to represent Canada.

Q. Does this make them Canadian?

A. It's a matter of opinion.

To get back on topic, George Best is more famous(known throughout the world) than any Canadian hockey player:D

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
George the Aztec

When I was a kid, I worked for the Seattle Sounders and was fortunate enough to watch Georgie play live when he was with the L.A. Aztecs of the NASL. He wasn't the same player anymore (his liver was pretty much toast by then), but the Kingdome was hopping every time he touched the ball. There is no question that he was a terrific talent and a great many people have been influenced by his exploits.

But how can you trash on someone who has no clue about a player who hung up the boots around the same time his mom changed his last diaper? Dude has not demonstrated a lack of passion for the game here. So get on with it.

By the way, you do smell like poo.:rolleyes:

Coby Jones rules!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts