Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who the fcuk is George Best???

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hibee & Sage et al

Just because someone write on a piece of paper teling you you have citizenship, does not change the the fact you were born somewhere else.
Foriegn means : not originating from where you are. Period.
Yes some athletes collected medals competing for Canada, This doesn't mean I agree with it or even cheer for them...they shouldn't be allowed to.
The president of the US MUST be American, hence he must be born in the US.
Different here in Canada I realize, but that's because we have more foriegners than "Canadians" and it's deemed Politically Incorrect. (Fcukin' spineless gits in Ottawa.)
You can't go by your lineage to establish what you are :

Good point Dude: "...My point is this: as far as I'm concerned, you are Native only to the land on which you were born. You can get extremely technical about everyone's lineage, if you really want. ..."

How far back should one go to establish what they are...you can work it back to what ever you want...Hey I guess were all from beyond this world..my ancestry goes back to God's loins but his wife was from Jarusalem ...Guess that makes me the "All Mighty Jew"!!! If you go back to your Grandfather from England (for example) for all you know his Great ancestors may have been from India or Norway for all you know. The only thing to establish your true place, is the place YOU originated from. Other wise there is no such person as a Canadian. Even the Natives came from elsewhere.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Do you think you could go over your family history again please?

I realize that you have told us just about everything there is to know about your recent and ancient family tree, ( in several threads) however I am missing a few names, birthdates and favourite colours for my personal records.

Thanks in advance.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK Hibs, I'll try and spell it out for you...

We have what, 30,000,000 people living in Canada? That means that, let's say, 1,000,000 people are born every year in Canada. That is just a wild estimate. I have no basis for that. BUT...if 1,000,000 people are born in Canada every year, which number is greater: 200,000 or 1,000,000?

Now, if we were to truly research the issue, I would bet that at least 80% of our population was born in Canada. I'm pretty confident of that. Which is why I say:

Fact: the VAST majority of people who live in Canada were born in Canada.

Now, on the balance of people holding Canadian citizenship paper: yes, it is a matter of opinion (on each individual's basis) as to weather they are true Canadians. Those people, however, are in the minority.

We'd better stop...Regs must be having a hernia by now! (FACT!)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stay tuned Jinky.:eek:

Another fact: Jinky's a cnut. (Don't think I'd forget your :D )

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
contradictions galore

Dude,

you just said that you were born in canada so you are canadian (regardless of where your ancestry is from), then you moved on to say that your son is born in Fiji, but that doesn't matter, and that he's a canadain :confused: Based on your view of seeing things (place of birth = nationality) your son should officially be Fijian.

Now, you realize how stupid that sounds.......which brings me back to my original point, which is that it's your bloodline that determines your lineage/family/history, and not the soil on which your mother popped you out.

As for your "I don't care who George Best is", imagine a so called hot-blooded canadian telling you that they play hockey, but don't know who Gretzky is and don't care who he is either. Now do you see the point?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage

Read it again, then get back to me.

Also, when the point that was trying to be made was: Best is as well known as Gretzky is worldwide...no, I don't see your point.
Best never was, and never will be.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: What am I?

Originally posted by cainy
If I was born in Liverpool, England, raised mostly here in Canada, and have dual citizenship?

I beleive that makes you a wee shite !!!

Perhaps the luckiest man alive..... GO REDS, LIV ERP DOUBLE O L LIVERPOOL FC. I hope LFC meet the Manc scum bags in the semi's so we can beat them for the sixth and seventh time on the trot.?

Hey, the sun shines on the Scousers' asses once........ok, maybe five times :D Don't look past the Germans, they're playing the second leg at home, and are only down 1-0.

Right, back on topic......
George Best was a fcuking fantastic football player, was drunk pretty much all the time, and had chicks throwing themselves at him........... sounds a lot like you cainy
;)

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: George the Aztec

Originally posted by Yankee
But how can you trash on someone who has no clue about a player who hung up the boots around the same time his mom changed his last diaper?

This is exactly what I have been trying to say! Well put Yankee. The only thing is that when George Best played, it was my grandparents putting the diapers on my parents! So how would i know when and who and how Best played? I am not saying he's not good, just saying that I have never heard of him before TTP.

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, Guru

Dude, i don't remember disagreeing that the vast majority of people living here were born here.

Guru, i happen to know a mate who was born on HOLIDAY in Canada, returned to Britain and has never been back since. According to you and Dude, he must be Canadian as he was born here. Surely not, considering he was only in the country for a few days! You tell me. There must be countless other cases like this. Bye the way he has dual nationality.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares?

Forget about where your from. Sage tell us more about how I remind you of George best.

I've been trying to tell everyone that for years.:D :D :D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hillbilee

Originally posted by Hibee
Guru, i happen to know a mate who was born on HOLIDAY in Canada, returned to Britain and has never been back since. According to you and Dude, he must be Canadian as he was born here. Surely not, considering he was only in the country for a few days! You tell me. There must be countless other cases like this. Bye the way he has dual nationality.

Yes he is Canadian...and No, his nationality is not dual...he has dual citizenship. If he were to be asked at any port of entry or border his place of birth, he would have to reply Canada.
Lets say you were born in Afghanistan, and had Canadian landed immagrant citizenship papers, then tried to go to the US. They don't give a rats ass what papers you had, you are Afghani period.
People living in Hong Kong for years, have come to Canada to have thier children born here. So that they can be registered as Canadian citizens, and have the rights and freedoms as naturalized Canadians.

For those who care to read on, here is my lineage: I can trace my sur name back to 1596 in Canada; my mother was born here here father in Italy; her mother in Canada; one of her parents in England, the other in Scotland; My fathers mother in South Dakota her parents; who the hell knows or cares...yada yada yada....so what the hell does that make me???
I'll leave it up to you Hibee. i am Canadian
I have a cousin who was born in India her mothers English, father Canadian...but she has always been thought of as Indian.

I'll agree that Best was ONE of the great ball players, but he doesn't touch the greatest, Pele. It's like saying Yzerman or Sakic is on par with Orr or Gretzky. It's a matter of class that also sets the greatest appart from the rest. Class = Gretz / Orr / Jordan / Jabbar / Pele / Dimaggio / Lenarduzzi :rolleyes: ....all above the rest in thier sports, I don't see Georgie in that catagory
Best was a drunken womanizer, very little class...he's like the Pete Rose of soccer.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Born when?

If we all subscribe to House of breasts theory. Which I believe is ....." How can I Know him I was only in diapers"

I'm sure you Know who Gandi is and Elvis is, and Guy Lafleur, and so on and so on, and she tells two friends and he tells two friends.....Dumb ass...:confused: :confused:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DING DING!!!!

I get it now Hibee....you're mad 'cause you weren't born here, but want everyone to think you are truly Canadian!!!! Sorry mate, it don't work that way. But at least now I understand your jealousy.

Gotta go grab m'self a cold Canadian from the cooler!!

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nae Chance

Guru, jealous, i think not.

Want people to think i'm Canadian, absolutely nae chance.

Wish i was born here, don't be rediculous.

Nothing wrong with this place though, actually quite like it here. Like it back home also and may return.

As for you, i think your confused. Proud Canadian flying an Italian flag and refers to foreigners as "shite". Perhaps you want everyone to think your truly Italian? At least i understand your confusion now.

Anyway, gonnie go and grab myself a cold bottle of Tennents lager from the cooler.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hibee has pints

You must have had company recently Hibee, we all know you didn't buy your own pints. Ya tight Scotish git:eek: :eek:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nae Chance

Originally posted by Hibee

As for you, i think your confused. Proud Canadian flying an Italian flag and refers to foreigners as "shite". Perhaps you want everyone to think your truly Italian? At least i understand your confusion now.

yeah, i didn't notice that :D
GO Italy.....er.. Canada...GO

I'm gonna go grab a Camel Lite out of my cooler now :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
banter good, but in the wrong fcuking place

Can you fcukers start a new thread somewhere for your little fcuking tea party?

Off-topic posts [i.e., those with nothing to do with George Best or where you were born] will be deleted, no questions asked, no explanation given.

~TBgrowingweary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0