Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Who the eff is Brian Brum!?!?!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Apparently" someone at BC Soccer had the balls to do something right for a change!?!?

After a brief exchange of words and a slight colision of chests after a Nations Cup Semi Final match this past summer, Brian Brum was given a 2 YEAR ban from playing, coaching or being affiliated with ANY team in the Province.

There was over 2500 local football followers who witnessed the incident of a "never personally experienced playing at a high level" linesman (or the emotions of a Nations Cup semi final) and the raw passion of one of the best keepers in the Province. It was Didar vs Brum in shootout which is the local equivilant to an International battle with Zenga vs Jennings or an NHL battle of Brodeur vs Roy. You could have cut the tension on the hill at Hugh Boyd that afternoon with a knife!
Didar makes a save, then Brum follows suit. Wait......the linesman waves his flag for Brum leaving his line early and the ref awards a re-kick. That kick goes in and India go on to defeat Portugal by the narrowest of margins, one goal in pk's.
At the conclusion Brum protests in frustration to the linesman who didn't make the same call twice even though both keepers had left their line early every kick after the questionable call. A slight bump of chests occur and the experienced referee jumps in to calm the situation knowing the player very well. End of story, no cards are shown and everyone disperses. However, the next thing Brum hears he's in the hollowed fortress on Water Street in front of BC Soccer's Discipine Commitee.

An arrogant Kangaroo Court style proceeding complete with a reluctancy to physically show Brian Brum the official match report by said Commitee was only the beginning of this dog and pony show.
His relatively clean record for over 8 years didn't matter.
His remorse and regret for acting out of frustration didn't matter.
The fact he never received a card of any colour didn't matter.

HOWEVER, after almost 2 1/2 months of bitting his tongue and time, Brian Brum has been cleared of all evil doings and will be able to resume training tonight.
He couldn't be happier, Peace Arch couldn't be happier and I truely believe local soccer is the winner.

The lesson that should be learned by all players is bite your tongue and don't approach game officials no matter how unfair or wrong their discision may seem at the time. When you get into a room with out of date dinosaurs, you don't stand a chance to be listened to or respected. They will throw the book at you faster than Jose Branco can fabricate a match report.

The lesson that BC Soccer has learned, get your bloody paperwork done in time and follow your own guidelines and procedures in the manual you quote every day. The failure for the board to follow BC Soccer Constitution protocol led to the appeals board to over turn this discision on a "technicality"! Maybe they need to start following their own advise and make all rulings by the book?

Sincerly, Guinness

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He still owes me a six pack or is there a fcuking technicality invoked on that too?

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
HOWEVER, after ealmost 2 1/2 months of bitting his tongue and tim, Brian Brum has been cleared of all evil doings and will be able to resume training tonight.

Very please to see him back on the field, too bad he is going to the wrong League though :D:D

after ealmost 2 1/2 months of bitting his tongue and tim

All this time we could had sent him to rescue the Chilean miners, perhaps 2 1/2 months & 700 meters underground would make him to cool down...(and loose some pounds):eek: :bronco::wa:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to stir the pot some more, and someone of the stripped species can correct me if I am wrong, in the case of penalty shots at the end of extra-time, the sole job of the linesman is to indicate whether or not the ball has crossed the line, that's it. It is the referees job to call whether or not the goalie has left his line early. In the case of a PK during play, a linesman is to make the call whether or not the goalie leaves early because the referee is watching for encroachment into the 18 yard box by other players.

We got screwed.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
one of the best keepers in the Province.

Maybe back when he was with sporting in the mid 90`s lol...good to have him back as he is a great character and even better we get to light him up a few times this year. Wonder how long he will be able to keep his cool with the refs in the FVSL. Id say 2-3 games. ;)

PS: By the sounds of Guinness post it seems to me he has somewhat of a bromance brewing with Brum.

TA

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe back when he was with sporting in the mid 90`s lol...good to have him back as he is a great character and even better we get to light him up a few times this year. Wonder how long he will be able to keep his cool with the refs in the FVSL. Id say 2-3 games. ;)

PS: By the sounds of Guinness post it seems to me he has somewhat of a bromance brewing with Brum

That makes guinness & bri the two best players players in the province

sid:cool:

TA
:cool::cool:

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is he going to play with Guinness, G, Horvath and being coach by KNVB?

FFS... if that is true...I say keep him suspended and double the time (4 years).

:D

PAC2010

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy, I THINK he is still responsible for the line.......as the ref is watching the shooter to make sure there is no 'illegal' run to the ball..........Having said that....it is VERY rarely called in a penalty shootout. :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brian Brum is NOT an elf. They are called "little people".

And he is related to Leo Brum....aka "X-rated".;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0