Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is worse? Saddam, Bush, or Stepchild?

Who thinks this thread needs a poll?

• Total voters

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4898995/

"The U.S. and Britain rushed into the war declaring among other things that their aim was to bring democracy and freedom to the long suppressed Iraqis. The latest abuse grossly betrays this hypocrisy in the most despicable fashion," the Egyptian Gazette said in an editorial.

I wonder how the Iraqis feel. For years, many were tortured an suppressed by Saddam, and now, the same thing happens under the Americans. The people of Iraq must be wondering if there any good people left in the world....

Add more fuel to the anti american fire in the middle east......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Who is worse? Saddam or the Americans?

To be sure, what has just recently come to the surface in this ongoing saga is the absolutely worst thing that could happen.

:mad:

~Regs.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who's worse? They're both very much of a muchness.

Where is Saddam, by the way? Haven't heard much of him recently. Thought by now he'd have had a book published by Random House, appeared on Leno, presented an episode of Changing Rooms or Survivor, or released a Prince-penned song in time for the summer holidays........

It's clearly very difficult to be objective with all the data made available to us under the auspice of 'news' so I, like everyone else, will believe what suits me best. Any ex-servicemen I've ever spoken to has had nothing but derisory comments about American forces; a terrifying collection of poorly-trained, trigger-happy omadawns precided over by an even greater collection of war-mongering psychopaths (who, in a wonderful twist of irony, are usually draft-dodgers themselves). This is in no way to say similar half-wits don't exist in the Canadian or British forces. they do, it's just that both have far more extensive training and, culturally, have not been brainwashed into thinking their country is the be-all, end-all of world civilisations. The poor old Iraqis are dealing with a country whose main priority is to get out of the United Nations while continuing to to enfore U.N. sanctions against Iraq, a country whose doctrine is, 'Jesus loves you and shares your hatred of homosexuals and anyone else un-American', and, ultimately, Saddam was a decent chap when Reagan armed him, a bad apple when Bush's Daddy made war on him, a decent chap again when Cheney did business with him and a proper scoundrel when Bush needed a tidy "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.

From today's Evening Standard.......

Woman harnessed like a donkey
By Andrew Gilligan, Evening Standard

5 May 2004

The Prime Minister's personal human rights envoy to Iraq has told the Standard that an Iraqi woman in her seventies was put in a harness, made to walk on all fours and ridden like a donkey by American troops.

Labour MP Ann Clwyd said she had thoroughly investigated the pensioner's claims over a period of several months and was satisfied they were true.

"It is appalling," she said. "I have followed up the case with everyone you can possibly imagine." Ms Clwyd said the abuse occurred last year in the notorious Abu Ghraib prison and at another coalition detention centre. The woman was arrested last July, accused of having links to a former member of the regime - which she strenuously denies.

"She was held for about six weeks before being released without charge," said Ms Clwyd. "During that time she was insulted and told she was a donkey. A harness was put on her and an American rode on her back."

The woman suffered no lasting physical injury but remains psychologically traumatised-Her money, pension book, jewellery and identity papers were also taken, although they have since been returned.

Ms Clwyd said: "I have taken the case up with everybody with responsibility and they said that they would look into it. I am satisfied she is telling the truth." The abuse breaches Muslim taboos against the abuse of women and the elderly. Ms Clwyd became involved because the woman's relatives are British.

Members of the family have told Ms Clwyd that two US soldiers have been arrested but she has been unable to confirm this.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

In regards to the American position in Iraq; there has never been a more obvious attempt to deliberately mislead the public. Mind you, Sadam, i am sure, was guilty of the same. I, and most others in the world however, have never bought into the "we want to liberate the Iraqis from an evil dictator" hogwash spun by Bush. it is clear that both sides are flawed. in a world where spin in the media is everything, the real war, being fought by both sides, is trying to convince the masses of who is the greater evil.

when I see the long-winded liberation, freedom, and democracy speaches by Bush, I can't help but hear beneath the surface these 4 words:

"I want their oil"

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think this thread needs a poll!!:D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

As much as the Americans have ****ed up, lets not forget the majority PUBLIC did not want to go into Iraq. When the terrorist attacks happened, the angry mob mentality over-ruled normal judgement and the masses called for revenge. Into Afgan they went, but with little to show. When Bush diverted his attention away from his failing efforts, the public had settled down and went on with their "we are the allmighty" lives. I lived in the states when this all went down and (although support was evident) most verbally said that it was not going to accomplish anything and were weary on why most other nations stated their disapproval and non-support attitude.
Propaganda surfaced and the support grew enough to send troops off. Today, many think it is a waste to be there but feel the need to support their leader and troops. I think the heading should read "who is worse? Saddam or Bush? I hate most american attitudes, but the real sentiment is not being publicised due to the controlling propaganda. Can you say Vietnam.
THANK god for red-necks! ;)

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stepchild said:
I think the heading should read "who is worse? Saddam or Bush?

THANK god for red-necks! ;)

Well....I'll be! some dingly dangly hillbilly out there should chainge the name of this whutchumacallit thread...i like your thoughts stepchild...we's is kin folk!

inbread Jed

:eek:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

the manager said:
Well....I'll be! some dingly dangly hillbilly out there should chainge the name of this whutchumacallit thread...i like your thoughts stepchild...we's is kin folk!

inbread Jed

:eek:
What? Me hillbilly! Nice one :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Abby:

I am a crack dealer in Beaumont, Texas who has recently been diagnosed as a carrier of HIV virus. My parents live in Fort Worthand and one of my sisters, who lives in Pflugerville, is married to a transvestite.

My father and mother have recently been arrested for growing and selling marijuana. They are financially dependent on my other two sisters, who are prostitutes in Dallas. I have two brothers, one is currently serving a non-parole life sentence atHuntsvillefor the murder of a teenage boy in 1994. My other brother is currently in jail awaiting charges of sexual misconduct with his three children.

I have recently become engaged to marry a former prostitute who lives in Longview. She is a part time "working girl". All things considered, my problem is this, I love my fiance and look forward to bringing her into the family. I certainly want to be totally open and honest with her. Should I tell her about my cousin who supports G. W. Bush for President?

Signed,

Happy

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0