Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Columbus 20110430

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Vs Columbus 042011

Salgado with a great goal and gaining confidence. Knight once again was shite. Nolly shaky as usual.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Vs Columbus 042011

I can't listen to these two anymore... too bad the Team 1410 feed is off. Painful!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nolly is soooo average - I read an article in the Sun though where TT said he has been great... WTF? At the 10 minute mark he punches a shot right back to the middle rather parrying it wide and then don't get me started on the cross that went over his head... I've seen girls play net better :rolleyes:

Knight? What more needs to be said other than as long as TT keeps starting him the more and more I am inclined to say I won't be happy with this team until there is a change in the manager. He is in over his head.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nolly is soooo average - I read an article in the Sun though where TT said he has been great... WTF? At the 10 minute mark he punches a shot right back to the middle rather parrying it wide and then don't get me started on the cross that went over his head... I've seen girls play net better :rolleyes:

Knight? What more needs to be said other than as long as TT keeps starting him the more and more I am inclined to say I won't be happy with this team until there is a change in the manager. He is in over his head.

Yes. It's like TT is rewarding the muckers he had with him last year that didn't revolt against him. Khalfan's inability to finish on the goal line? Get some fcukin' heart man!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually from watching a few of the caps games the last few years I think Knight does better as a dman. But as for right back he is second or third string right now behind Salinas (if he's a defender) and Leathers who I think has been pretty good so far.

Salinas looked really good today and he was playing as a winger. I think that defender is still trying to find his shorts! Also I noticed that today as soon as Camilo went off and Khalfan came on the game started to change. Camilo is useless! He had 1 good game against K.C. and that's it. I've noticed that every striker that plays with him has trouble reading him. As soon as he went off Salgado looked more dangerous and could have had a couple more on top of his goal.

Besides the one brain fart I thought the back line looked not too bad considering this was the first time Akloul and Janicki played together. If I was TT I would seriously consider a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whatever you want to call it with wingbacks and after watching today I would go with Cannon in net as Nolly just has too many iffy moments kind of like that botched cross today. The three defenders would be DeMerit (when healthy), Janicki and Boxall/Akloul. Wingbacks Salinas and Rochat as their work in the second half down both wings had Columbus scrambling. Koffie in front of the back 4 with Dunfield/Teibert and Chiumiento playing behind Salgado and Hassli/Khalfan since Harris is out injured.

Players that I hope don't see the pitch again would be Wagner, Harmse, Camilo and Nolly unless injuries force TT.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nash, finally with a good call...

Hassli back in Wednesday. Will be see him with Salgado?

Last edited by a moderator:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
let's just say the whole bunch look garbage verse Columbus. there are the brief moments when a player or two has a good few touches here and there, but come on really? it's very hard to watch on TV, live is better because of atmosphere at empire. listening to mcewen and nash is painful. it was really terrible despite the goal.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
let's just say the whole bunch look garbage verse Columbus. there are the brief moments when a player or two has a good few touches here and there, but come on really? it's very hard to watch on TV, live is better because of atmosphere at empire. listening to mcewen and nash is ever so painful. it was really terrible despite the goal.
I've corrected your post 5BT. You're welcome.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just looked up Salgado's goal:

This was a nice finish! I didn't catch any of the game on TV...was it playing? How did he look?

Also, it was a nice build-up started by Chuimentio.

So, how is it that Omar isn't getting more time? In his very few looks, here and pre-season, he's had some finish.

Agree w/ everyone here who have stated that Teiter looks like he's being outclassed as a manager. It seems they can do so much better w/ the line-up, so far as lining up an attacking scheme. And Nolly continuing to get the nod in goal...don't get it. Some of his decisions...

Last edited by a moderator:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Salgado looked good when they included him in the play, but there was too much hit and hope in the first half. As has been said before, Chumiento needs to be moved into the middle somehow, he just floats there anyway and takes away a threat down the flank. Can't wait for Salinas to be fully fit, he was a beast down the right side when he came in. Knight and Leathers are garbage. I have no idea how Tiebert isn't slotting in on the wing instead, he's looked great when called upon. It does raise some questions in regard to the lineup, I know they have 7 games in 21 days so maybe that's why Teitur's not running a first choice line-up every game? It does seem odd however.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone was saying that TT kept the team on the field after the game vs Columbus and gave them a real bollicking while the cameras were still rolling. Anyone else see this?

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone was saying that TT kept the team on the field after the game vs Columbus and gave them a real bollicking while the cameras were still rolling. Anyone else see this?

No, missed it. Watched the game on PVR and hit "stop" and "delete" the second the final whistle blew.

Conversely, did anyone give TT a real bollicking??? :mad::confused:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Nolly and Knight you were shite again! I know you were the only ones who didn't call me a fcukwit in the change rooms last season, but people are actually watching us this year. Sort it out. You've got 7 more matches to prove yourselves!"

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0