Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Offseason Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
on the guys exiting, I thought Nanchoff was just okay in the limited minutes he got, I thought with Chiumiento leaving he might have helped pick up some slack, hopefully him going gets Teibert some more run and development, same with Salgado. Thorrington was okay as a depth guy, but thought he got too many minutes when he was fit, which probably is why he's leaving as he's hurt more than he's fit.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion Nanchoff should go to NASL anl play to develop. He has lots of time for MLS. Foot skill needs help. Thorrington on the other side is a good player but injuries are his biggest poroblem. He can fit on any team.

Nanchoff is good enough to play in VMSL and that is it.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to see Harvey extended... Hopefully this will help Caleb Clarke and Bryce Alderson see the pitch this season, as well as a couple more young guys move into the 30. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some changes again in our forwards.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enjoyed filling out my "exit" survey... first time I've enjoyed anything Caps related since before Scotland 2.0.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with all the clamouring for "more Canadians" on the Whitecaps. Would people be happy if they picked up Adrian Cann (released by TFC and available in the re-entry draft)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really think we should look at some younger canadian players, lots of guys in the vmsl would fit in well with the caps program....:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Johnson went to PDX for Allocation Money IIRC...opportunity lost there.
I wouldn't advocate for trading assets for aging Canadians in MLS, but there's a case to be made for some guys that are still quote good and middle aged around MLS that are Canadian such as Jakovic & Hainault,

Also Gershon Koffie has officially applied for citizenship if I read that right a while ago, making him a naturalized Canadian and also conveniently able to be selected by the CMNT.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's so funny watching futbal fans in vancouver complain about canadian content in MLS.
These same guys are yapping how the Canucks need to sign the best players available.......

I want to see Vancouver win the MLS cup first, and then we can start to develop and build a solid organization players want to play for.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Utah win first establish your team in the community and hope your team becomes a team the youth want to play for. Players in their mid twenties or later that have hit their peak should not be brought in because they are Canadian. If they are brought in because they are better than what we have or can get then sure take them.

JBN I believe I read on the virgins forum that Johnson wanted to go to Portland over Vancouver. I believe not all Canadians want to play for a Canadian franchise the same way not all BC boys want to play for the Canucks.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, and lets be clear. I too want success over WFC having CanCon... I just think Johnson would have been awesome beside Koffie. The turf is what will keep others going elsewhere IMHO.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, and lets be clear. I too want success over WFC having CanCon... I just think Johnson would have been awesome beside Koffie. The turf is what will keep others going elsewhere IMHO.

Can you remind me what surface the Timbers play on?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No big deal for not geting Johnston. Coffie is just fine. Lets face it Fonseca wants to build Canadian program. All Coffie needs is a phone call and a pasport. And we have World class midfielder on our National side. They are dumb.
Now for Caps they need a Dutch striker an agressive player that can handle phisical work. The kids from our residancy program need to go to Edmonton and Ottawa for three yeas to get stronger. They are still boys.
Coffie needs help in the midle. We need a holding midfield player. Must be big and strong. There is a huge gap in the midle. But the biggest problem coach fasses is the four guys in the back. They are slow. Other teams get buy them far too tomany times for MLS level.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why am I craving coffee all of a sudden?

I think Johnson signed with Portland because of the shuffle....I love that shuffle.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No big deal for not geting Johnston. Coffie is just fine. Lets face it Fonseca wants to build Canadian program. All Coffie needs is a phone call and a pasport. And we have World class midfielder on our National side. They are dumb.
Now for Caps they need a Dutch striker an agressive player that can handle phisical work. The kids from our residancy program need to go to Edmonton and Ottawa for three yeas to get stronger. They are still boys.
Coffie needs help in the midle. We need a holding midfield player. Must be big and strong. There is a huge gap in the midle. But the biggest problem coach fasses is the four guys in the back. They are slow. Other teams get buy them far too tomany times for MLS level.

Just spell Koffie correctly. I'm pretty sure its a bit more work than a phone call and a passport. Also, we had the 5th lowest goals against in the league last year, and I'm pretty sure we were up there for clean sheets as well. If anything I thought our defense at the end of the year with O'Brien added was pretty solid. They are getting old, but should get us through another season.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I already said, Koffie is supposedly applying for a citizenship, and isn't A-Cap tied to Ghana...making him eligible for CMNT, I wouldn't call him "World Class" though... he is 21 years old and playing in MLS. If he was World Class and only 21 he'd be playing in Europe and would have played for Ghana other than a few years ago for the Ghanian U-20 side.

That should be the new CMNT approach, have TFC, VWFC and the Limpact find young guys from other countries and bring them here and naturalize them ;)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
or just do it like my Belgians... bring in young adults from Africa, let them procreate, ship the native Belgian kids off to the academies of top flight clubs, and let the MNT reap the rewards...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coffie,Salgato and Mattocks are our bright futer players. As far Canadian kids go maybe blond hair lad from residancy might come through.
This team is got way many old gus.
Two outside mids have to be way better. Kid that went to England was ok but lacks in phisical for MLS soccer. That's one area club must get better in.
They say that D is ok. In my opinion not even close for MLS. We need more speed in the back. Other clubs build their attacks on the outside. Our backs get beat five six times a half. Twice or three ties ok, not five times. C backs are not fast enough to sweep the ball.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, our D was fourth best in GA and third in clean sheets and that's with Harvey the dog humper and Bonjour the human corner flag getting a bunch of starts....I think with our natural four back there we're in good shape (YP, Captain America, Irish, & Elaine). I'm sure you've got some kid from Langley U13 that's looking better than those guys, but be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0