Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Draft Day

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we not super fukin pumped for this?:wa::knvb::bronco:

Does Bobby shock the local following and trade the #1 pick?:eek:

Will John Rooney Be drafted by the caps ?:rolleyes:

JBN I expect a detailed analysis of all picks to be done by you!:p

Discuss Draft picks here:)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Bobbaduzzi said, we wanted a player that may not make an impact immediately (well, duh) but will be an impact player in the future and for years to come. You have to take the best player, and I'm sure they'll figure out the Visa issues ASAP.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Bobbaduzzi said, we wanted a player that may not make an impact immediately (well, duh) but will be an impact player in the future and for years to come. You have to take the best player, and I'm sure they'll figure out the Visa issues ASAP.

whats their to figure out? we let every one into canada... cough cough *tamil tiger migrants* cough cough *mr. base* cough cough , as a few examples

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
is Darlington Nagbe the next Steve Francis?

the kid is 17 or 18 years old and has decided that he would 'PREFER' playing in the U.S.:confused: does it really matter when you are playing in a league that is based in north america? we do have airplanes in vancouver.

we won't really know for a couple of years how this draft worked out but i say we got the better of the deal already.

i hate portland already.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard omar interview on the team 1040... will be hear in a week to train and is going to file an exemption with Fifa to play on opening day... Long shot to get that exemption me thinks.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Caps will be making a pitch for an exemption because the MLS is a 2 country league....

How would it work, visa wise, for him to play away game in Van and TO? Same fcuking thing, whether it's one day or the entire year.

The MLS involves the CSA and USSF... Two federations, Two Countries, 1 league.

I wonder if the rules would apply to a player who played for a Welsh Team in England's FA?

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard from a "source" inside the residency program that Salgado was drafted with the intention of selling/trading him down the road.

I was also told that him getting an exemption is very unlikely.

Also was told by a player who trained with him, that while he is a good player, at 17 he will not make much of an impact anytime soon. Let's keep in mind he hasn't made much of an impact in the US program.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do you get your info from? He was widely regarded as the best player at the Milk Cup and the Dallas Dr Pepper Tourneys... and is consistantly part of the US U20 Program.

regardless of him getting an exemption or not, he's going to be a player at some point... and if he turns out to be a Mo Edu and is sold down the line good for him and the club...this is nothing new as the Caps have sold a few players overseas.

PS: Not many 17 year olds do make an impact playing full pro with grown men... he's 6'4 and 170lbs, when he "fills out" he will be an imposing figure... and with his supposed pace and skill he could be a gem.

I just don't get why they took him #1, why not (if you're sold on him) trade down?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Salgato but I do not think he is going to be ready for three years yet. Rooney went in second round. Mark my words will be better in scorring then the few we got. I do like the other three guys. Tough hard nose players. I hope Salgato will become onother Backham. I just do not understand why Caps would not take Kuntacky keeper. A prowen player with six foot four hight. Tough guy playes angles well.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're telling me you've actually watched Kentucky play NCAA games?

You do realize the Caps have 2 proven professional (in USL and MLS) keepers that are both big and athletic?

Salgado is 17, and a striker. Beckham is 35 and a midfielder. Salgado is 6'4 and Beckham is 6'. Beckham is English, Salgado is American of Mexican Heritage. Omar Salgado is a scrub that hasn't played overseas, and if he was good enough, he would. Beckham has starred for England, United, & Real Madrid.... other than that... yeah Salgado could be JUST like Beckham.

FFS.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0