Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"When I Used to Play..." Craig Forrest

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
URRRRRRRRGH!!! Does anyone else find it ultra annoying when they watch Craig Forrest on TV? Guaranteed he will say at least one time during his broadcast... "When I used to play for Canada (or in England)... BLAH BLAH BLAH". We get it. You used to play soccer. Your glory days are gone now though, and we don't need to hear every time we see you on TV that you used to play. It makes my blood boil!

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
URRRRRRRRGH!!! Does anyone else find it ultra annoying when they watch Craig Forrest on TV? Guaranteed he will say at least one time during his broadcast... "When I used to play for Canada (or in England)... BLAH BLAH BLAH". We get it. You used to play soccer. Your glory days are gone now though, and we don't need to hear every time we see you on TV that you used to play. It makes my blood boil!

So why is that any different than any other commentator, from the BBC, Sky sports, or others! They usually are ex players that go into broadcasting! Forrest hasd a great career. Probably one off Canada's best!

I don't know if anyone is interested, but BBC does an excellent podcast every premiership weekend. It's a phone in show, for fans, called, Five live 606. You get some quality "drunk Brits" on there way home from a 300 mile round trip, to watch there team! Some hilarious stuff. All the radio hosts are ex players from the premier league. They go way more overboard with their ego, than Forrest!

Check it out, fun stuff! I also have a bunch of other podcasts, if anyone is interested let me know!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Score:

Better Craig than having to listen to somebody who doesn't have the insider's knowledge of the game that he has. Or who is completely clueless like Gerry, Helen, or (shudder) Vic. Personally, I find that despite occasionally getting carried away, Craig is relevant, especially when talking about players he has played with. Yes, that relevance will diminish with time - look at Graeme Leggat. Even still, I'd rather listen to the opinion of somebody who has at least played at that level, rather than just being a suit who happens to have graduated from broadcast school without a background in the game.

Trece

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craig Forrest is one of the best and I don't at all mind as a soccer fan when he takes us back to a game he played in and puts the current situation into that kind of context. This guy is hardly an arrogant egotist and he is not saying that to show how good he is or was. Don't you think that he is why he has been hired much like the British colour commentators who too played i the English Premier League? If he didn't say things like that his views would be no better than a guy who never played the game at any high level.

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that is good to have a commentator be able to have an insider's insight. I was simply referring to the frequency of his comments. It is rare that you don't hear him say something about his career. I don't think that he is arrogant.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0