Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What kind of response will this get???

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably fcuk all, but I felt the need to let these muppets know how a big portion of the local sports community thinks of their stations corupt and shite broadcasting!!! :mad:

Here:

live@team1040.ca (I just sent it while they're live)

I am writing this email in utter disgust regarding the handling and bad mouthing of Todd Bertuzzi… Absolute ignorance and blunt arrogance from two in particular that cannot go un-challenged… David Pratt is an idiot… Don Taylor is his little puppet… I just thought your station should read some posts from a local soccer website call take the piss… There are thousands of members from the lower mainland and not one has agreed with the comments of these two bastards!!! I’ve attached some examples, but read for yourself if you care about the public’s opinion… Most if not all of us listen to your station on a regular basis!!!
Read for your self…
The link: http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3865&page=1&pp=30

KNVB
Re: Pratt and Taylor are killing me...

I loved his rant about charges and such and how he worked Sept 11 into this. Fcuking-drama-queen. Can wait for his actual "Pratt's Rant" Should be a beaut. I have a feeling I'm going to have to punt my radio.

Hands of Stone

These guys are as bad as a Slurrey United pre-game talk.

Come on, Bert did not try to kill Moore or intend to drive his head into the Ice, it was a stupid sucker punch from behind that caught the guy on the chin and knocked him out, so he fell face first into the ice with 235 lbs. on his back. It sounds so bad. I used to like Taylor, a good Burnaby kid, but he is going overboard with this now. And Pratt he is just big fat David Pratt.

hos

Coach

I agree with H O S 100% !
Yes it was bruttal, but in no way did he intead to cave his face in.
He went to settle a score and unfortunately it went way over the top.

Pratt is a fcuking moron,and Taylor won't last six more months.

Coach.

TheRob

Why don't you all just change the station?

The Manager

coach,

i agree with your remark that he shouldn's be hung out to dry by the media. people, the general public, take things too far, especially the media with it's infatuation with violence for the sake of ratings.

manager

Regs

I've had it with the sensationalism now

The media is fcuked. The first 4 pages of the Province? And did you read Ed Willes garbage putting the blame on the Canucks for basically keeping Bertuzzi as one of their players for this long?!?!!?!

Fcuk-wit Pratt yesterday started on Burke yesterday saying he was "disgusted" that Burke would stand behind Bertuzzi... give me a fcuking break WTF was he supposed to say? Even Taylor (who I respected and liked greatly until yesterday's over-the-top performance) told Pratt he wrong on that one.

Basically, I think what you are seeing from some/most of the "sports media" doing here is taking the oppportunity to linch a player that never gave them a good interview and are taking a drama-queen approach.

And now I'm listening to fcuk-wit Rome wanking about you have to go "soccer fan" on him and that it will take someone to die until the NHL wakes up.

Fcuked, the lot of them. Discuss it, analyze it, but for fcuk sakes... 9-11 references?!?!!?!?

~Regs.

Bertrum

Interesting to note that a defender of Bert is Tony Gallagher who has had many run-in's with Burke and the Canucks. I am glad to see some of the Canucks defending him as well. This has gone too far. As for 9-11, I was on hold on the Team 1040 this morning but couldn't get on before going to work to vent about this remark. If I here that one more time I think I will puke, how can you compare that or even reference it to this incident. Pratt, get a hold of yourself. I am glad he is not in charge of pushing "the button" in case of international conflict because the world would be a pile of dust right now.

Ballbaby

Let's add Dan Russell to the Pratt and Taylor tandem. They have obviously never played a sport at a competitive level. At the risk of implicating myself as a savage, I know that I am very capable of doing what Bertuzzi did and I believe most of us are capable of such actions in the heat of the battle.

Most of us can control our emotions for the most part but we know how close we can get to losing it once in a while. The cruel lynching these media types are launching displays no consderation for this facet. Bertuzzi fcuked up. He is human. He should be forgiven if he shows remorse which I assume he already has done. He should pay the penalty, learn from it, and carry on with his life.

Pratt, Taylor, Russell should hold their hypocratic heads in shame and understand that anyone who has a remote understanding of the human psyche will remember how recklessly they abandoned their support for a player who needs it now more than ever.

I've certainly learned how tainted and skewed the media in this province really is. Taylor, Russell, Pratt, etc? I guess they couldn't play the game, so let's write about it.

Lean

I hate agreeing with BallBaby, but the lack of competitive sports experience by the local media is amazing. They profess to have expertise in the sports they cover yet not one of them could relate to the athletes. I had to flip to MOJO yesterday to get away from Pratt and Taylor (whom I used to respect) and heard Gary Valk on there discussing the incident. He was able to relate to the frustration of the situation and put a reliable perspective on things because he has laced them up and stood toe to toe with these guys.

We need more of these guys speaking up in the media to balance the sensationalists that we currently have to listen to

Lean

Gaffa

I think the shameful coverage by Vancouvers media in general is probably based on the fact 'they' and Bert have a frosty relationship at best. If it were any other player they would not be carrying on like complete fcuk wits. Remember most of them are just wannabe dreamers. Pratt by name, Pratt by nature. Taylor dissapoints me. Puppet.

Guinness
Pratt and Taylor are killing me...

What a load of shite!!!
Pratt has always been a wanker... He has never done anything physical other than pick up a magazine before heading to the shitter... The Larry and Willy show used to sing "He's big and he's fat and he's David Pratt"...
We can all add to that now...
"He's ignorant and he's a rat and he's David Pratt"!!! What a daft bastard... Completely over the top and totally offside!!!

Taylor really has disappointed me more than anyone in the media... His verbal attacks on Bert were discusting for a man who considers himself a Vancouver sports fan... He showed a blunt lack of class and respect to a man he has worshipped on the air for over 5 years now... Puppet indeed... More like a weasel... I'm very disturbed by his lack of loyalty and surprised at his lack of knowledge... His comments over the last 48 hrs. have erased all of his great years in the media... One of the only guys in our media you respected and listened to his opinion... What a fcuking loser!!!

I haven't been that wound up listening to the radio in my life... I had to turn it off as I almost threw it across the office!!!

The media has proven they are only after a story... No comapasion, no common sence and definately no knowledge of our nation passion!!!

Cheers, JC ;)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

I admire your intentions but I know for a fact that the use of obscenities within an otherwise articulate message spoils the effect. They will dismiss your opinion as just another goofy Canuck fan with little or no education. I suggest you delete the expletives and then send it in if you wish.

My two cents.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good on ya Guinness!

I'm still in shock about the local media and how they've handled this. They would all be a perfect fit writing for "Star" magazine or some other shite rag.........oh wait some already do writing for the "Province"

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just crazy like that... ;)

Ballbaby thanks for the advise, but I really don't think if I cleared the absenities the email would get looked at in a different light... (If in fact it actually got to Pratt and Taylor)... Edjamacated or not, my point was to let the station know that their blatant ignorance and the disgraceful way they have handled the whole situation was way offside and may result in some backlash from a chunk of their audience???

After all we are passionate fans (except Jinky) and do have a voice...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oops

Read: shite. I already hit send.
Guinness said:
I'm just crazy like that... ;)

Ballbaby thanks for the advise, but I really don't think if I cleared the absenities the email would get looked at in a different light... (If in fact it actually got to Pratt and Taylor)... Edjamacated or not, my point was to let the station know that their blatant ignorance and the disgraceful way they have handled the whole situation was way offside and may result in some backlash from a chunk of their audience???

After all we are passionate fans (except Jinky) and do have a voice...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts