Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 What is the level like this year?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
U21 this year...

Coquitlam MF is a class above
Westside Rino and Pegasus are good
PCOV, Westside, and UBC Metro are okay

and the rest are crap!

Actually Norvan are better now that they kicked out half their team and started using their CAT players who are mostly under 21.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
should be noted that westside fc is made up primarily of 16-18 year old players. while it has some faults, (don't all leagues?), the u-21 division has served these kids well and a number will be quality players in the years to come.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
RickG ..If you want to keep the guys together..You will want to form a Div 3 team and as they get older and better they will climb the levels like so many teams.It will take a bit but the guys being friends will most likely stick together and have fun together. If you join a club and play U21 your players will be called up and poached by the teams above you in your club, leaveing some behind. Maybe enough to continue on into Div 3 anyways, or maybe not.
So really its up to you and what you see in the future of the team/guys.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having seen a bunch of U-21 games this year I will chip in with my opinion. It's a great little league with pretty good skill that gives guys an extra year or two of playing together out of juvenile. Hopefully they are tied in with a "senior" team and some of the guys will get a sniff of what it's like at that calibre.

I've watched my son's team get better and better each game. There are quite a few kids on the team who could still be playing juvenile but they've also got a couple of older guys who are a little more mature that add the experience factor. The ages span from 16-20...with one dad who coaches and has seen a little of the field as well (not me).

I'm sure his team could compete at a 3rd division level and would give some 2nd div teams a run as well...but they are smaller in stature than Men's teams and they would no doubt get knocked around a bit. At any rate I think there is a place for this league in the development of a young team, which by extension will develop the player.

Cheers, Peter

Calway

Dec 8, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ive played for the prem side at norvan and i played for the u21 norvans and the quality between teams like metro ford considering there age they are a good up and coming footballing team with good potential the league does need some more decent sides because there are some GASH in that league and the norvan was one of them untill they dropped 15 players and brought in some from CAT and PREM to try and get to provincials but unfortunatly i think the damage is already done early on in the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0