Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Western Canadian Nationals - Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya and they were horrible player management was shocking. Blakeway and the Clarke brothers only played the second half. Slater up front should have scored 4 and K-NOB it was 3-1 goal coming from Chris Clarke who was playing sweeper ( total waste back there) smart coaching as were many other players playing out of position. And as for Calgary never being the same ever heard of the Stampede Muppet!!
yes, I think I have heard of the stampede... is that the time of year cowboys come to town and ride 400 lbs drooling beasts with brains the size of walnuts and give you a one week break?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice jump from FB to here with the same crap talk. Did you not learn from your posts there? Are you gonna start deleting your posts here too? Backtrack and text everyone after to see if you've upset everyone!Yes it's the same person here and no I still haven't played VMSL mens open, for whatever its worth. You need to stop judging a team by 1 game and who you played with before you got lost for a few years at the buffet.

BC with Bronze. Dissapointing for sure.

On a high note, Coastal FC won Gold in PK's. Ladies had a great weekend. Congrats to them.
Sorry your right you guys were shite over 3 games

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to poco ......

I hear there will be a parade starting at the meridian arms pub at noon today ,heading over the coast meridian overpass then over to gates park where poco will be met by a few fans & then they will have Sara Maglio as guest of honour ,dictating once again & she will take over all celebration & ceremonies for today's big homecoming event please arrive early as this event will be sold out .Ollie heald to be alongside Sara as her shadow or her cough .......more to come

Ps :parade starts @ 1400 hrs finishes @ 1415 pST

Ps again lol. Alfredo Valente sauce to perform A circus act for the half time show

Last edited:

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes, I think I have heard of the stampede... is that the time of year cowboys come to town and ride 400 lbs drooling beasts with brains the size of walnuts and give you a one week break?
Obviously KNoB you can't afford to come to Calgary and experience the Stampede otherwise you would know about the greatest show on earth Muppet. When you describe riding a 400lbs beast why would you involve your wife

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid is it a parade of disappointment? Or failure? Or is it about two faced bastards that Karma got a hold of

SaskArse

Sep 29, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always nice to see the banter between Alberta and BC at Westerns time. Nobody usually gives a shite about Saskatchewan's opinion as we're the whipping boys each year but not so much this year. Anyway, here's an opinion from the bottom of the standings. POCO very classy bunch of lads and was surprised they didn't get a result against Alberta who were not a patch on previous years. Lets face it, if you're 0-0 with Saskatchewan after 70 minutes, you're not having a good day. POCO 2-0 up at half against us but conceded 3 in second half. Mark Slater and the 8 foot lad up front were a handful but the rest were pretty average. We haven't scored 3 goals in the last 3 years combined so if you're fortunate enough to return, might want to look at bringing a couple of defenders.
Best team this year by far was Manitoba and very unlucky not to win it. We competed well with Alberta and BC but Manitoba tore us apart...even though it was only 1-0. No doubt the best side didn't win it this year.

But.......most important part of a trip away with the lads is the booze and this is where Saskatchewan excelled. Why the fcuk would a group of 40 year olds feel they need to stay sober and go to bed early in this standard of soccer. The social once again was only attended by Sask and Manitoba. shite decision to hold the social in a cowboy disco 20k from the hotel, but better to drink until 3am than go to bed at 10pm with a hot chocolate. Poor effort from both BC and Alberta.
Overall, fun tournament. Best team didn't win. Alberta shite and BC cant defend.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always nice to see the banter between Alberta and BC at Westerns time. Nobody usually gives a shite about Saskatchewan's opinion as we're the whipping boys each year but not so much this year. Anyway, here's an opinion from the bottom of the standings. POCO very classy bunch of lads and was surprised they didn't get a result against Alberta who were not a patch on previous years. Lets face it, if you're 0-0 with Saskatchewan after 70 minutes, you're not having a good day. POCO 2-0 up at half against us but conceded 3 in second half. Mark Slater and the 8 foot lad up front were a handful but the rest were pretty average. We haven't scored 3 goals in the last 3 years combined so if you're fortunate enough to return, might want to look at bringing a couple of defenders.
Best team this year by far was Manitoba and very unlucky not to win it. We competed well with Alberta and BC but Manitoba tore us apart...even though it was only 1-0. No doubt the best side didn't win it this year.

But.......most important part of a trip away with the lads is the booze and this is where Saskatchewan excelled. Why the fcuk would a group of 40 year olds feel they need to stay sober and go to bed early in this standard of soccer. The social once again was only attended by Sask and Manitoba. shite decision to hold the social in a cowboy disco 20k from the hotel, but better to drink until 3am than go to bed at 10pm with a hot chocolate. Poor effort from both BC and Alberta.
Overall, fun tournament. Best team didn't win. Alberta shite and BC cant defend.
Well said you lot are probably the best group lads every year at westerns well done . But I wouldn't give Slater too much credit as he was the coach and that was one of the main reason BC was so shitty no structure and personal changes. As the for the big lad upfront ( blakeway) he should have started from the get go best player on there team. TK was probably the worst player they had fckin shocking . Sask you mentioned the rest were pretty average thought I would let you know most of them used to play for the 86ers/Whitecaps . Hahahah well Done the Arsenal!!!!

Last edited:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that it is really something to brag about, but the last two Westerns that Westside went to, (Victoria in 2010 and Edmonton in 2012)...we were definitely late nite drunkards at the bar each night, (myself and Dancin' Bear leading the way). Translated to some fairly ugly hangover footie, but we did manage a 2nd and 1st place.
Have to say I was pretty shocked to the see the PoCo results but not surprised to hear that defending was their downfall.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defending ............

Yoda ?????.........

Explain :)

Maybe Larsson has a point you playing bush your whole life ,after all the metro is where the big boys played & the wee men played in the valley

Larsson TK in my opinion is the most talent I have seen next to your fat arse

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were a beat up back line. Can't remember the last time we conceded 8 goals in 3 games in a row, but I'm sure someone will find that stat if it's out there. Not our greatest performance for sure.

Sid,
If only I was good enough to play in the VMSL, how things would be so different. I'm just happy to play with this great group of skilled lads. So out of my league.

As for the parade, it's likely not leaving The Arms, we're too lazy to bother.

Your mediocre back liner Yoda.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were a beat up back line. Can't remember the last time we conceded 8 goals in 3 games in a row, but I'm sure someone will find that stat if it's out there. Not our greatest performance for sure.

Sid,
If only I was good enough to play in the VMSL, how things would be so different. I'm just happy to play with this great group of skilled lads. So out of my league.

Mediocre ?

SaskArse

Sep 29, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sid,

3+3+3=8 ?????

Reactions: sid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0