Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February/March 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, true, Balls. We were 1-2 against you guys during your stretch—all good games. There were always 16 teams in the O-30 BC's as opposed to the (whatever it was) in the O-35's. This, coupled with the younger age, always made for excellent competition and SU were the Champs way more than I'd've liked to have seen.

SCP, why is there already a playoff game for the BC's when it's undetermined who will be going through...or has it been decided? MF bow out?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it just occurred to me that in a 5 v 8, 6 v 7 playoff, it is determined that they would play each other...as you were.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portuguese Club vs Miloni game moved from Adanac to Kensington North field (the Vancouver one).

beerz,

stew :cool:

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's result

League Cup Semi-Finals

Portuguese Club 2 Westside Miloni 1 ( 7-6 in PK's )
Columbus 1 Firefighters 0 ( 4-1 in PK's )

Masters Semi-Finals

AJAX 2 Killarney Spurs 0
Meralomas 2 Alamenia 0

Provincial Qualifier

Lobbans 3 Sapperton 2

Make Up Games

SFU United 4 Cracovia 1
Poco Blues 7 Vancouver United 2
New West Reds vs Immortals ???

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is pure gold from my 7 year old biographer:

“Today at 8:30 my dad will have a soccer practis and he has lots of frends and at the end of my dads soccer practis my dads team drink lots, lots, lots and lots of bear bottles and then my dad drives home. Today me and my brother went outside and we played soccer for 1 hour and 50 minuts.”

This is the real reason we love this game…. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers to all,

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
This is pure gold from my 7 year old biographer:

“Today at 8:30 my dad will have a soccer practis and he has lots of frends and at the end of my dads soccer practis my dads team drink lots, lots, lots and lots of bear bottles and then my dad drives home. Today me and my brother went outside and we played soccer for 1 hour and 50 minuts.”

This is the real reason we love this game…. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers to all,

She is very, very clever. Was she adopted? ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What section of TTP does he moderate?
Fasty, he's actually ghostwriting for some of the more erudite Valley wits - his sentence structure and vocabulary are too extensive for him to be a moderator.... aside from that, he hasn't learned how to spell "teh" correctly yet.

Balls: no daughters, so yes, she would have to be adopted. Both of my devilspawn are male, however, and yes, Thing 2 is very, very clever. Even for a boy.

lots of bear bottel,

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Fasty, he's actually ghostwriting for some of the more erudite Valley wits - his sentence structure and vocabulary are too extensive for him to be a moderator.... aside from that, he hasn't learned how to spell "teh" correctly yet.

Balls: no daughters, so yes, she would have to be adopted. Both of my devilspawn are male, however, and yes, Thing 2 is very, very clever. Even for a boy.

lots of bear bottel,

A son. Sorry Stew. It was a bit early to be posting this morning. :)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A son. Sorry Stew. It was a bit early to be posting this morning.
That's okay, Balls. Really. Unless you're related to Aves, that is...

Friday games:

Van Utd vs Ajax @ Hastings North
Alemania vs Inter Steaua @ Hastings South

Good excuse to plunk down with a lawn chair and a cooler in between both fields....

Sunday games:

Inter vs Firefighters @ Hastings North (MOTW)
Columbus vs Miloni @ Mercer Stadium
Ajax vs Covercrete @ Gates #2
Shooters vs Spurs @ Rotary Turf
Reds vs Alemania @ Queens Park South
CAI vs Immortals @ South Memorial

Lots of permutations for the Premier teams this weekend...

beerz,

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday's results

A football score: Alemania 13 Inter Steaua 2
Vancouver United 2 Ajax 0

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday's Results

Premier:
ICSF Inter 1 Firefighters 1
Culumbus 2 Westside 3

2nd Div.
Killarney Spurs 4 Ridge Shooters 2

3rd Div.
Alemania 2 New West Reds 0
Immortals 11 Carribbean Allstars 1

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next week's Games..April 3, 2005

League Cup Final

Columbus vs Portuguese Club...10 am Sunday Kensington South

Masters Cup Final

Meralomas vs AJAX...10am Sunday Kensington North

Premier Make up Game

Firefighters vs Westside Miloni 10am Adanac SW...Westside need to win and win by 4 goals to overtake Firefighters for first place in the Premier

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP, what's the second factor for ties after +/-? If we were to beat them by 3 goals we would also be tied in +/- and we would have the better record in head-to-head play.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and more goals for...

Sweet victory today against Columbus. We were up 2-0 on goals by John C and Mario and they came back to 2-1 on a bad, backpost coverage situation off a corner. We went right back to 3-1 on a follow up header by Mario and then he handled the ball in our box to give them a faint glimmer of hope which was dashed by Taki's whistle to end the game and force Columbus into a playoff with MF to see who gets to the BC's...I'm pretty happy we got the business done because I wouldn't want to have to play those guys in a winner-take-all match.

Last week was a good hard-fought affair going into extra peno's...we blinked (we finally missed one after 12 in a row were converted) and lost. Good luck to PCOV and Columbus in the finals although I'd kind of like to see the Portuguese take it as they will at least have a beer after to celebrate.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our league rules state that we go to overall goal difference (+/-) as per FIFA rules but when you go to FIFA and check, it's a dog's breakfast: there are different rules for different competitions.

WC 2006 goes to points between the 2 (or more) teams, then goal difference between the 2 (or more) teams, etc. Overall +/- is actually a ways down the list.

The Olympics and Youth WC's which are coming up use overall +/-, then overall goals for...

At any rate we (WCOTSL) should fix that in our rules so that it's definitive instead of referring to how FIFA does it.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP, it was brought to my attention that we have to beat them by 2 goals: because we're playing each other, it doubles the affect of a goal. If we beat them by 2, our goal difference goes up by 2 and theirs comes down by 2. Net affect if 4 goals and that would put us on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts