Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

West Coast League 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Result

Westside 2-1 Sierra

A pretty good game. Our first goal was a little weak but I thought we deserved the win. Paddlewheeler up next at Hillcrest. We've got 6 guys tied for the scoring lead with one apeice. Atts has lost the touch and I don't fancy him scoring again...

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter

Were you lot playing at Queens Park yesterday? I only ask as we (Lomas o35) were also playing there only on the south field, which I might add was a far better field than Westside were playing on. Odd that they would schedule a Premier game on a postage stamp and let we Div 3. plumbers play on a far better (larger)pitch. 4-0 Lomas by the way!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rich, that was us. We had to redirect a few of your lot over to where you were playing. They looked a little confused.

The worst thing about the field we were on were, from my vantage point on the sidelines, the acorns and those little green worm things that were falling out of the trees! There were some pretty strange bounces but the best was when their keeper was anticipating a bad bounce and came up a little early: 1-0.

How are things going with the transition over to the WCOTSL (that's a mittful of letters even with just the acronym)? Are you guys cleaning up in Div 3?

coolhead

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Queen's Park East

Sierra shares the south field with a div 3 team. I have only been with Sierra for one year, but I think that the arrangement was made three years ago when Sierra was also in div 3 (we have won promotion every year in the league, and if we can't start winning some games, it looks like our trend of starting every year in a new division will continue).

Coolhead

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confused indeed.

I was one of the dazed and confused I have to confess. I couldn't quite understand why your lads were gorping at us with that 'dopey twats' kind of look! Then we saw a third team start to get ready and at 9:40am none of our lads were around. :( We were kindly redirected by one of your lads, the manager it looked like. Nice chap with a very managerial looking face. And a pen and paper in his hand too...must be management!

Div 3 treats us well. Its about what we expected. Games are played in the right spirit for the most part and the refs are consistant. Our home ground is at the Club(Connaught Park, 10th and Vine), which is great as we get to use the 'facilities' after the game. So far most of the opposition have come in and had beer with us too. If you're playing on the west side on the same day we're at home drop by for a 'small sweet sherry' if you're stuck for somewhere to go...

wonderingaimlesslyroundqueensparkgaffa!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A managerial looking face? Oh well, I must have lost the pregame edge I used to have...I think I was the only one there with a pen and paper.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess who's back?

Gaffa - don't get me started about Queen's Park....if you think it looks great now, you should see it in November:rolleyes:

Basically, as I dismember it, Sierra split from Avanti and didn't have a field to play on; I think Da Judge got the East field as a present for the team. The Reds actually brought the South field allotment into the league with them (kind of like you guys with Connaught), so that's why you have the dichotomy. Danny doesn't seem to want to move to a different field, so there he and Coolhead and one-armed Jackson & co. sit.

BTW - "Peter looking managerial?" ROTFL!!!!:D Only when he has a bottle of single malt in his hand....He looks as managerial as I look like I should be a league executive....:rolleyes: Faraz from Paddlewheeler is the only guy I can think of who shows up looking managerial (and probably the only one who would be able to show up in a suit and tie without being told "will the defendant please rise...")

Peter, WTF's going on in your division? I go away for a week, and everybody and their dog's getting suspended. 200 friggin' soccer league email messages and none of them positive. I'm going to need another vacation:rolleyes: Can't we have a game in the First or Premier without somebody getting tossed?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Looks like that warm summery feeling that everybody had at the beginning of the year has fallen by the wayside again.

Farkin' hell - I go away to Mexico for a week and the whole place goes to shite....:(

Angry bitter old man (at least until tomorrow morning)

Stew:cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Result--and more.

Westside 3-3 Paddlewheeler

Well, we were down 2-0 and 3-1 and came back to tie it up. Paul Lowther can hit a ball! He got the second goal on an indirect free kick that someone touched over to him and he hammered it, carroming off the grass (with a little top spin) and skimming the post from about 22 and caused the other after he hit a scorcher from 25 or so, sprained Merkl's finger on a tip off the crossbar and then about 3 Paddlewheelers fought over the rebound.

For us; Bob Hesltine with 2 great headers and Carl Atterton finally got on the scoresheet with a well-taken spot shot.

Geez Stew, I don't know about any cards. It hasn't been us. Who's been taking them? Lots of Columbus guys I hope as we play them after the break (against our old keeper who's taking a "hiatus" from the team a la Besty for a year to play with some old buddies).

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Past Weekend

FF's 2-Celtic 1

Another one in the W column.Didn't get to play this game due to family commitments but from what I heard it was a well fought match.Apparently we could've had more but there was no finishing on a couple of breakaways.Anyway,now for a short break eh!A chance to fill up on some turkey.

Does anyone know if there is a web site for the Masters Nationals
in Edmonton this upcoming weekend?Would like to know who's in it.

Cheers!!!:p :p

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
better late than never....

Catch-up time for Stew....

Scotty - check out this web site:

http://www.edsa.org/WC Classics Masters/Masters game stats.htm

Columbus won the Western Canadians in Edmonton and by extension the "Canadian" Championship with a 2-1 win over Cannoniers de Longueuil from Quebec.

Columbus won the round-robin portion of the tournament on goal difference with a +6 to +2 for Cannoniers and +1 for Calgary Lads. All 3 teams had finished with identical 2 and 1 records.

Congrats to Vic and the boyz - if they keep this up he won't be able to fit through the door at the clubhouse at Beaconsfield.:D :D

Looks like another one for the WCOTSL, eh Toes?:D :D

Beers,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More catch-up

No league games in WCOTSL this past weekend - turkey time!!!!

1 exhibition game: PCOV 3 Spurs 2 @ Hastings Bowl on Sunday. Neither team with a full squad, but still an entertaining game played in amicable circumstances.

More Beers,

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Action

Westside 1-1 Firemen

Firemen were there to be had today starting with 11 players and then down to 10 with 1 guy coming off after 75 or so. Firemen went up 1 on a nice through ball and we tied it late with a glancing-header OG from Birdman.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Action

Westside 2-1 PAOK

We gifted one 5 minutes into the game with a cheeky attempted pass inside our 18 that the long, dewy grass held up until their forward swooped in to knock it past Merkl. We spent the rest of the 45 playing a fun game of completing 1 pass to our guy, 1 pass to their guy until the whistle blew for the half.

Geoiff Catliff bagged a diving header early in the second half and then Carl Atterton finally got one while there was action going on to put it away. We shoulda coulda had a few more but it wasn't to be and it was a rather uncomfortable end to the game with us holding a slim lead and then deciding to try a risky offside trap up around the center line to see how tight we could make it. Luckily they were brutal and we held on to win. The ref (Tarkington-sp?) did a great job.

Getting pretty lonely in here...

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FF's 1- FC Sierra 1

What's up with that???

Yes,that's what we kept saying to ourselves in the dressing room for quite a long time after the game ended.Game started out well for us as we had them pretty much penned in their own end with the odd longball break out pass to the league leader(goals) being the only threat...trouble is that it worked.I can see why Harry's got NINE goals.He's the only one who does the shooting.Anyway,we definetly had our chances...missed headers,wide shots,missed breakaways(hmmm wonder who that was??).Scored our goal on a penalty shot....the ref could've called it three paces earlier and he wouldn't have had an argument as he was just going to give a free kick until it was pointed out that the foul was(trip/push)in the box.Our man slotted it home and that was it for the half.Lots of chances for both teams in the 2nd half but neither could finish save for Harry putting another off the inside of the goalpost and Ed Zach hitting the post 2 mins from the end.A good game from their point of view,complete crap from ours!Let's see what happens next week at Sapperton with the Wheeler lads.Cheers

:eek: :eek:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
More like it!! FF's 5 - Paddlewheeler 1

What a difference a week makes.You would've thought it was picture day as we had all but two players not make the game.Still don't understand why they make senior teams play at Sapperton...it's like playing on a postage stamp.Good first half for both teams as we went up one on a beauty of a volley from twenty yards out by Rosey.They tied it up on a non cleared corner.We were awarded a pk but a good save by the keeper and a missed rebound kept it even.We were starting to think it was going to be another frustrating day as nothing was going in.Half ended 1-1.Five into the 2nd Wheeler was given a pk on a bogus call and....our keeper RR made a great save which seemed to turn the game around.We were still not finishing our dinner.But about 15 min inyours truly came back on and 10 min later it was 4-1 FF's.First hat of the year.We finished off the scoring on a great cross and strike by Rob C.,thus ending our scoring drought.Brilliant day for soccer,cheers to the Wheelers for never folding the tent.Already looking forward to next week.Look out PAOK.
Cheers!!! :D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stunk up the park

Well....it happens to the best of them(us).We found out how not to play against a team going nowhere and desperate for points,last weekend.Don't give'm a soft one 10mins in...now I've heard of the Berlin wall,the great wall of China,the French Maginot(sp)line even the wailing wall but I've never heard of any wall built by Greeks!Anyway the way you play this is score first then fall back(all eleven)into your eigthteen box and anytime you get your foot on the ball just boom it out...anywhere then regroup!They must've learned to play in Minnesota!Oh well,we tossed away so many points we've all but handed the league to the Whops...no not Inter the other ones.So we'll see what happens this weekend against the Canadian chumps if we're not frozen/snowed/rained out.Until then.....COME ON no one else in this league have anything to say????

:confused: :confused:

Cheers!!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought nobody cared...

Westside 0-1 Inter

Westside 3-1 Sierra

Saw the first one and not the second. The Inter game was a pretty tight match with their goal on an OG with Dr. Pat (our diminutive centerback) chipping Merks for the winner.

I hear the Sierra game was never in doubt and we just missed the shutout, which would have been the first one against them. For a team with no wins, they've had a pretty good year, never getting beat by more than 2.

Scotty, Columbus do seem to have it locked up already. Bag a couple against Marcello (who used to play with us) and end their streak!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes, somebody still cares.....

Sorry guys; been sick the last two days, so not posting as regularly as previously. Firefighters vs. Columbus has been moved to Montgomery Park to keep from another cancellation; ditto Vancouver United and SFU Rangers (moving from Queens Park East to Clayton Park).

Scotty:

Shocking about losing to the Greeks; too much complacency in FFland? Would have thought that I'd have heard from Searsy about that one:rolleyes: Oh well.... have fun at Monty and give Ivano a whack for me.

Cheers,

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Result

Westside 2-0 Total Marine Celtic

Probably the best game of the year for us as far as possesion goes but at the end of the day both goals hit Craigo in the hands and, despite the power behind both shots, might have been stopped by a real keeper (a bait tactic to see if I can bring out another poster) and they could have had a couple with Merks coming up big on a few occasions. But we did deserve the points.

Scotty, what happened? We were hoping for a FF victory so that a league title was still a possibility for us but you let us down. We have back to back games against them so I guess if you want something done right, you should do it yourself but I don't know if it's even a mathematic possibility after last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0