Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekend Highlight Injuries

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing that Regs needed stitches and Alvano was bleeding as well, not to mention the poor Sapperton chap who was knocked unconscious and then quickly came to asking Besty to "get him out of the swimming pool", I believe that this can be an interesting thread.

I will start by saying that I was not injured this weekend and I am thankful for that.

Regs, how is that beautiful melon of yours? Are you able to take advantage of a sympathy fcuk? I am not offering but I always take advantage of some manly stitches that seem to drive the birds crazy:

"Poor Ballbaby, that must have hurt?"

"Nah, it was nothing, now that I am looking at your beautiful face and perfect arse, I can't feel a thing other than what's in my shorts."

"Oohh Ballbaby you are such a man, take me now!"

"Ok, but just be a little careful with these awful stitches."

Or something like that.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Live from TLC

Balls,

No sympathy fcuks here, well, none that I can remember anyways... the heed is a little worse today and concentration is not very good :D

Didn't Mehmet get spit open as well for something like 8 stitches with Gaffa doing the patch-up job?

~TB.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Patch up job

Either its time for a new digital camera or its time for a knew MD, Regs. What did they they stitch it with, Rope?

Balls...

Mr. Tyson would have 'barred up like a rogue elephant' if he'd seen Memhets veritable axe wound. Right down to the cartilage it was(which in the ear isn't that far to be honest)...I was a little surprised when I saw it. So much so that I forgot the latex gloves and then whilst trying to clean the wound I filled the poor buggars ear up with half a bottle of water. He looked at me like I was a complete tit. Oh well.

Yours in dodgy First Aid.

Patchy.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nasty Stitch Job

Ya, Regs.
The doc made a meal out that one.

As for our Sapperton lad, Trevor Todd, he definitely went down for the count. He was talking jibberish; stating he was OK, but he really wanted to get out of the pool a few times. Needless to say, he had a concussion and will be out 2 weeks.

With Kevin Hearne in our lineup, this could be a heavily visited thread by Sapperton and it's week's competition.

An update on team injuries is a good idea.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed

Gaffa & WAB,

I was just happy to have it stitched at the time considering there were 8 people ahead of me... they come out tomorrow in any event.

Re: concussions...

That's scary stuff concerning the Sap guy. I've already had 3 concussions and while the doctor never discussed this with me when I was getting patched up on the weekend, I really wished she would of since I've had splitting headaches all week and have had bouts of lost concentration. The headaches are certainly abnormal :)

Suffice to say, I'm not playing tomorrow either just to be on the safe side.

Anyone here have any info on how many concussions one needs to have before seriously considering 'cutting back' on playing contact sports?

~TB.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I started thinking about the Lindros brothers - 5, 7, maybe 10.....but you're not paid to play....so isn't a couple concussions enough?

As for not playing this weekend, for soccer sake, this will help us, but for personal sake, it sounds pretty serious. My wife got a head injury from soccer from the BC tourney; she went to Burnaby General to get stitched up. The MD gave her a pamphlet on head injuries, the signs to look for, and what to do if the symptoms persist. listen up:

It says,

Return to emergency or family practitioner if ANY of the following develop

PERSISTENT headaches
difficulty concentrating

and it goes on.

Hope you're OK.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh for the love of....

WAB,

Why don't you just drive over to Regs' bit and give him a kiss.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD Kid

Come on, give it a rest...even I know that a kiss is not medically proven to heal a concussion.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg-olys

Luch,

How's Neil's knee? I heard a gruesome dislocated kneecap during your game v. Melanoma...

~TB.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Regs, Luch,

I made mention of the dislocated kneecap in the Div 1 thread. It wasn't pretty. Nobody wants to see injuries like that one. Interested to know how he's doing......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I read that

Thanks Gaff.

A couple of the Peg lads mentioned it yesterday after our game. Didn't sound too pretty.

~TB.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has come to my attention that Surrey United has suffered a great loss, perhaps greater than Argentina's. Apparently Ian Farquhar had lost his dentures during our game against Haney on the weekend.

Apparently they fell while Ian was making one of his legendary sprints but it wasn't noticed until Ian smiled after celebrating one of Surrey's goals. By that time, it was too late. Ian's face collapsed into oblivion and we had to use a toilet plunger to suck his cheeks back out.

I'm not sure if Ian can play this weekend. It is very difficult to breathe when your face keeps collapsing.

Hope things work out Ian.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton Update

Brian Donald

Nasty gash on the inside of his calf muscle. Reguired 12 stitches to close it. The opponent's cleat punctured and ripped a 3 inch gash down Brian's leg.

Next week - Probable

Are the refs checking the cleats - no one physically checks ours.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite, that sounds nasty! I saw that happen to one of my teammates years ago and I can tell you it wasn't pretty. The whole fricken calf was split open revealing the innards. Ughh!
Before shin pads.

Brian is a tough bloke who will heal rapidly. This will be a life-changing experience that will cause him to reflect about his role on the pitch and he will become an elegant and very sportsmanlike player. He has likely already phoned this player with the sharp cleats and forgiven him. He probably asked this fella with the sharp cleats to be the godfather to one of his kids. Oh yes, it will be a brand new Brian, a forgiving Brian who will not hold a grudge against Cleat Man! ;)

Remember those aluminum cleats? Are they still around? Man those things were viscious. Come on Refs, check those cleats.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Neally Doing Much Better

Regs, Gaffa:

My apologies about the late reply, I don't get a chance to skim all the threads anymore. As for Neilly, he is doing much better than originally thought. There wasn't any major muscle tear around the knee area even though initially it looked awful. The last I spoke to him, a January return didn't seem too optimistic. Fcuk, with the way our numbers are dwindling, I'm hoping for monsoon season until after the Xmas break.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Card Given

There was no card given, and Brian D. wasn't REALLY pissed. The ball was 60/40, Donald cleared it with the instep and the Troller player just tried to block it. It didn't look too nasty, but Brian went down and the blood was everywhere-it was gushing through his sock.

Class Act

Troller fans; telling Brian to get up. While on the ground, Donald turns his body to face the crowd and show the blood and says, "Does this look like I'm faking it?"

The fans actually apologized.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts