Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave. game was postponed this week because the Richmond team was attending the funeral and wake of a former player.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSU JB's vs PG strikers

Nsu 6 PG 1

Easily could have been 10-0. I pity anyone that has to venture onto Sunset Park and play. What a shite hole! I can't understand why the league would have any team play there. Anyways PG tried for the full 90, but no chance. Classy bunch. It is too bad that the league merged div 3 into div 2. Oh well, a win is a win.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 CAT

WFC Rangers 4 - 1 Western Union Bulgaria

Despite the distinct lack of health players, subs, goaltending, and a decent playing surface, I've been informed that Rangers still managed to win another 3 points. Don't know too much about it apart from that.

I'm as happy as a little girl.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nk hrvat 0 westside 0

Tall forwards, tall defence, and shrimpy spanish midfielders for westside. Good clean game ruined by shrimpy spanish ref giving away 40 free kicks around the edge of the edge of the NK box and none for NK?????? All in all no goals against NK for three straight games. Far and away the toughest back line in div. 2. Hoping for a Bosna - Polska draw tomorrow.
DalmationDefenceDominatesDowntroddenDiminutiveDowntowners

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW 2 - Blaze 0

Spirited game with both keepers making some great saves - especially the Blaze keeps in the 1st half and EW's in the 2nd. EW got 2 reds at the start of the 2nd and were down to 9 guys, Blaze got a red later in the 2nd... ref seemed to be a bit trigger happy.

EW could and probably should have been up 4-0 in the 1st, Blaze pressured in the 2nd and had a couple cleared off the line. IMO the Primos are a more dangerous team of the two.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK, Bosna, Polska, Westside all in the running with ties this week

Here I am, new to the piss and looking for good conversation with a sprinkle of competative banter to keep things interesting.

What a tight weekend! The top 4 in div 2a all played to 0-0 draws. We see a seperation between the top 4 and the bottom 6 begining to take shape as the season is now under way. It looks like a healthy combination of class and talent is going to take the cake this year and NK just reeks of this pleasing aroma. Solid in the back and distributing well, it's all uphill for this NK team that emulates good sportsmanship and discipline.

Look for a suprising NK team that has vision, direction, talent, class and most importantly.....superb management to chalenge for promotion this year. Others look tough, but definitely beatable!!

Managingmosteffectively,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like a healthy combination of class and talent is going to take the cake this year...
Good thing for you spelling doesn't factor into the equation :D

Where's One Eye?

~Regs.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
spelling, oneye and such

I didn't know that the grammer police were patrolling these streets...by the way...hookt on fonix werkt reely reely good for me!!!

as for one eye...I think he'll be peeking through threads sometime soon.

gramaticallycorrectasanacademicconnoisseur!!!

How's that for polysyllabic??

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 2B

Bandcamp, what was up with the Rangers game today? The excrement site says you guys tied. Did you have eight players or what?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look for a suprising NK team that has vision, direction, talent, class and most importantly.....superb management to chalenge for promotion this year.
I'm looking for a NK team that can score goals.

I see no such team.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ouch keeper...very ouch!

Keeper,

You may have a point....we need to score more goals. I promise you this...they are on the way, abundantly. When it's all been said and done the most important thing is the win column. Not to mention more goals for than against.

comingtogethernicely.;)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, Kudos to the PG Strikers for having several cute, young birds at their bench. It was no coincidence the ball kept going out of bounds over there eh boys! Especially after the one in the mini skirt fetched the ball that time.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sideline hotties

Dapotayto,

My jersey wasn't wet from sweat but rather drool. Mmmmmmmmmm............sideline hotties! Perhaps that was the Strikers' plan all along. Distract us with some cuties.

Teelay,
I guess you guys pulled off an upset. (?) How were the Blaze?

What's up with the NK train? Manager, how'd you get them in shape? Hire Richard Simmons? Didn' think that train could back on track, but like usual I guess I was wrong.

;)

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
vision....it's the secret!

Therapist,

Richard Simmons did cross my mind. However, the secret lies in having a vision for your team. It is of utmost importance that people are brought into a situation where they can contribute to a cause much greater than themselves. Combined with a set of values and goals that are realistic, it keeps things interesting for the most part.

"Where there is no vision...the people perish"

anonymous.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upset

Therapist,

Upset? The way the Blaze played, I would have to re-assess 2"C". Initially I thought they and CA were the top 2 teams, but the Blaze are (while quite strong), not in the top 3 teams in "C" ... at least based on today's performance. Like I said earlier, we've played the Primos this year already and they were definitely a tougher test.

We're playing CA next week ... that should be a real test - are they as good as everyone says/thinks? We'll see... it's kind of good that we're playing Primos, CA, Blaze all in the first 5 matches, followed by the Beam in Week 6 ... all tough contests.

We're missing our strongest player next week unfortunately, due to a red card :(

Franz Bakingpowder

Aug 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 CAT

Metro Ford United 5 City FC Rangers B 1. We gave up the first goal on a silly mistake. Our goalie who just won a 50/50 draw the night before was still giddy about winning and decided to dance on the ball. Big striker up front from City tapped it in :rolleyes: . After that we settled down and went on to thrash them.

Next weeks game should be a good battle. Any Surrey United C players out there? Should we a doozy with both teams being undefeated!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF vs. Surrey

Nice result, as usual, Franz! I love it when I see a group like you guys playing below your level. It's kinda like going to the horses to see a horse that keeps dropping down in class and running bad appear on a lower card with great odds only to miraculously come on and win a bundle. That is if you've bet your wages on it.

However, next week be prepared to face the Surrey C team with KNVB, Guinness, Dalrymple etc. in the line up. I overheard Martin Foden ordering this crew out for this match at the Bronco BBQ as all Surrey got was a tie there and free horse meat burgers. For Guinness this was a new experience as he so used to lamb.

:p

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :bronco: :bronco: :wa:

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CH vs C-Men

First, you just can expect to be competitive with a name like C-Men.

CH - 3
C-Men - 0

The start as usual for CH, was slow and sloppy (sp?). C-men had a great chance in the first and put one off the post. CH then settled down and potted one around the 35th minute. A well deserved goal with the goal scorer poking one past the keeper while being raped by two defenders.

The second saw CH come out stronger and around 60th minute were awarded a PK. The third goal cameon a set play about 25 yards out.

The C-Men never really gave up and provided pressure throughout the game which resulted in another post and a cross bar. They a very aggresive team which probably hurt them as the game went on. As they got tired, those tackles that were fairly clean in the first half started becoming quite dangerous in the second.

Ch is now .500 and looking to make it three in a row against Richmond Cougars on Sunday. Can anyone provide comments about the Cougars?

Franz,

We have a former classmate that played on the C-Men. Do you remember Mike Austin. Anyways, he looking mighty old and has big hair. Oh, and Mr Fox says hi.

Biteme...getting back to work

Franz Bakingpowder

Aug 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos

Hey Reccos,

We too wish we were playing in a higher division, but the club wants us in the CAT Shite. It ain't much fun for me being a defender winning by 5 goals every week. Next week should be a tough game for us. Speaking of BBQ's we'll be bringing one to the game with burgers, hotdogs, etc. so let your guys know. Is Friesen playing on this Surrey team? If so, I'll be sure to bring sufficient hotdogs and burgers! :D

Franz,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts