Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 2

Pt Grey 0

Two superbly chipped goals by new father, D-Man, secured the victory for the Idiots in a game which was very hard on the eyes.

Kurgan was injected into the play far too late to make an impact.

TSN turning point,

with a chance to tie the game, Max Blink appeared to clear a sitter off the Richmond goal line. At least that's what it looked like.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
96ers postponement

Any idea what the story was here?

96ers not up for a game this past weekend?

Sounds distinctly dodgy to me!

dazwhohopeclanwintheleaguenow:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza,

96'ers were scheduled to play Peg but Peg had a cup game.......

On the division title the 96'ers have asked us for a game this week to prepare for there big game vs Fireman! And they mentioned that if they win that game they will win division on goals for in a tie breaker with Clan????? Can anyone confirm this as the way to determine a winner? Is there not a one game winner take all?

Cheers,

John

munnzie

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

clan still has one more game left against PGR that they should get points from (sorry guys, its you or us) so its not as simple as 96ers just beating firemen this weekend. If clan beats PGR then 96ers need to win both games against firemen and peg to get 6 points to tie, somthing they should do. But as far as what happens on a tie with points, who knows? I assume its the same for relegation as well. Should be an interesting battle on both ends of the table. As for myself, i'm looking forward to actually being able to play as may last game was a shitty 20 minutes against PGR at trimble in october!

To all peg, point grey and loma boys-lets talk some trash cause its about to get interesting.

G

Goodtimes

Firstly, the 2-0 defeat we took against RUFC was not indicative of the play. We should have won the game as we dominated the entire first half, and came up unlucky in the second. A tie would have been a more than fair result for RUFC. We missed on our chances, and let in two extremely soft goals. I have to disagree with Jinky's "Two superbly chipped goals"........a better description of the goals would be......."here we go again- another soft goal"........."and another one"

The Relegation race is getting tight. Looking at the remaining games for the Lomas, Peg Oldies and us, each team controls their own destiny for the time being. The game between us and the Lomas is going to be huge....except for Pipsqueak of course (it will be monstrous relatively speaking, as everything is huge for Pipsqueak)

PGR Goodtimes!

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goodtimes,

You mean the Pipsqueak who scored against you last time and will be looking to repeat it next time around? Catch him if you can!

John, Gaffa reckons the VMSL never uses goal difference to decide anything. Not sure what they would use instead. Over to you Gaffa...

daz:cool:

G

Goodtimes

Dazza,

Unfortunately I am injured and will spend the rest of the season on the sideline....the same place you should be if you Mermaids want any chance of staying up in Div 1.

Catching Pipsqueak is not the problem, it is finding him that is difficult...especially if the grass is long.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same situation as last

Thought I would put in some info, last year for the promotion race that we had they used winning percentage, to decide that before we took that farther. With regards to the relagation part they play a playoff game because one team dropped out of the leauge and therefor thought that they should make the team on the side that drop out play the second last team on the other side.

If any of that help or confused you, well then don't read it. Just thought I would prepare you for the most radical decision to come near the end of the year for whoever is involved.

Cheers
JB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make Up the Rules as you Go

Like everything in the VMSL, you just make up the rules as you go.

So this year, the team with the least amount of cards, yellow or red, will avoid relegation, this is the Fair Play Clause in the VMSL Rules.

HOShassomeConspiracyTheoriesfortheVMSL:eek:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daz,

I was only relaying what the 96'ers guys told us in there quest for promotion.........obviously it doesn't matter to us:mad:

John

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Default for City???????????

Can anybody tell me why City defaulted against DCR this weekend? Have they already thrown in the towel and accepted their fate as being one of the teams going down? If they have packed it in, is there a chance that the VMSL will "expunge" the results of all other games that they played to date?

We (Peg/Olys) are scheduled against Shittey FC this weekend, but if they defaulted last weeks game, it would be nice to know in advance what's the story morning glory.

Dazza - I believe that Tammy from your team was dating the centre midfielder. Could you ask him what is up with City at your next Mermaid sponsored Anthony Robbins session.:p

JR

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Midfielders?

Jags,

I don't date midfielders. But I do have a thing for fullbacks that wear blue and white.;)

Tam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts