Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaffa's lengthy game report sums up the game quite nicely. Lomas scored in the first 3 minutes. That twat #7 - Tammy nicely slotted the ball by the 1st Richmond keeper. From that point on Richmond had the majority of the play. One missed PK by Paddy, two other posts, two cross bars and the Lomas had the 1/2 time lead. For someone as excited as Dazza was to play this weekend, he must have used it all up in warmup because he was invisible. In fact, so silent that I did not notice he had been taken off at the half until there was about 10 minutes left:D. Richmond tied it up early in the second and once again had the majority of the play. However, full marks to the Lomas for not collapsing and getting a goal in the final 5 minutes. Lomas played a very similar game to that Peg/Olys did when they beat RUFC 1-0. They finished their chances and RUFC did not. I thought the referee was terrible. The team who shouted the loudest got the calls. A few nice tackles by the Richmond lads that should not have been called as fouls.

Not the result the Peg/Olys wanted, but we control our own fate. Big game v. PGR today. Hopefully I don't look like Dazza out on the field today.

Nice win by the Lomas to make the race even more interesting.

JR

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC v Lomas

Jags,

You're right, I was invisible. I've been struck with the flu' all week and really shouldn't have started.

All I know is that staying up is about accumulating points and yesterday we got all three!

I'm glad we managed to get you a win, after your trip all the way from North Van to walk your dog

daz:D

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FF-3-DCR-2

Terrible game by both teams, the lay-off showed. FF 3 up with 15 to go. DCR came out flat, and now it may cost them.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR Shocking

Peg Olys 4 PGR 0

Worst possible result for us.:mad:

Fcuking horrible.:eek:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, I have to say that it was great to play again..........even though we shite the bed:( Jags had it pretty much right, we did everything but score, but worse than that was we let two in that were results of just being lazy.....not taking anything away from the Lomas, but had we potted some of our glorious chances the game would have been over by half time! But that is the story of clubs life.

The Fireman vs DCR result is a bit of a shocker...............but then again DCR aren't the type of team that can blow anyone out, unlike Clan and even 96'ers. They are an extremely good side but don't have the collected talent that can win if they don't all have a good game.

The Clan vs Sikhs result shocks me in that I thought it would be closer than 4-1..............I think they will win the division, just a matter if it will be in a playoff or the 96'ers screw up again!

Cheers,

John

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Long walk to Richmond.........

Dazza - your right it was a long walk to Richmond from North Van, but I think I'll be able to convince the Misses that one long walk like that is equivalent to about 2 weeks worth of dog walking.

Didn't know the flu bug hit you - as I posted, the three points is all that matters at the end of the day.

Kurgan has already posted our result, but did not give the full 'post game wrap-up'. For the first time all year we had a full bench with 5 subs. However, one was dicken_cider who is still hurtin from his Friday evening out - fortunately he did not see the pitch other than the view with the flag in his hand. Still a couple player we should have back next week like Jim E. jr and also Stewart E. back after 18 months off with a knee injury.

Our recent signing Didi scored a natural hat trick in the first half to give Pegs the 3-0 lead at half time. Field was a little sloppy, but these conditions probably kept the game from being a blow out. PGR came out with a little more urgency in the 2nd, but could not put one by Big Mario, who again was outstanding. Cannot say the same about the PGR keeper who had "sleepy hands" according to Didi. Final goal with about 20 left came from one of Canada's finest RCMP Officers - Cst. Marleau - nice chip on a breakaway from about 25 yrds out.

Finally a good effort by our whole team.

Shocked at the DCR result v. FF. Both top and bottom are going to be interesting in the coming weeks.

JR

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
blow this out.

JAGS:

nice recap except for the blowout part. you guys seemed to score on all of your chances in the first half. some were even gifts from PGR lads. i don't think you really outplayed us 3-0 in the first half, but that's what the score was. in all honesty, the real difference between the two teams was goalkeeping. we had enough opportunities throughout the game to make things closer, but couldn't put anything by Mario. he was great, even though we couldn't seem to get it through our heads not to shoot high on a 6'4'' keeper. looking forward to the next game.

max
c'monuspurs

ps. congrats lomas

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overrated??????????????????

Mehmet,
With a comment like that, I trust that you either were not at the game or you had your head up your ass and were unable to see that Mario not only stopped all attempts by PGR, he also controlled the box for the whole 90 minutes. An equivalent comment would be something like the PGR keeper had hands like glue and did not bobble one shot. Don't you remember, your keeper had "sleepy hands" according to Didi.

Mario has been outstanding this year for us and is currently in a battle with Fastshow for the Peg/Oly player who contributed the most to the team for 2001/2002. Mario's contribution has been his solid play all year. Fastshow is in the race for electing to return to England and resume his career with The London Hibs.

JR

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
About Mario...

Jags,

Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't explain myself. In saying that Mario's overrated, I was referring to the three that we put past him (& the rest of your team) back in November, including the 'sexy' one that Daz slotted, as well as one that I put away. ;)

Also, as you've probably figured out by now, I think you have me associated with the wrong team. Against RUFC, our keeper certainly didn't have 'sleepy hands', just alot of luck - and skill too.

Tammy.

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Mario is more than likely the best shot stopper in our division and is a very big pressence, however he is a little slow off his line and at his size he should be stellar on crosses, but is a little lacking there as well, maybe in his younger days he would have been the best all around keeper in the div. He has had a stellar season and is the reason Peg have been in so many games and have as many points as they do, so props where props are due Big Mario is a solid keeper.

Lawts

As for the game against the lomas everyone has an off day, but don't take away any credit from Dazza's sexy finishing, he doesn't do it to often. ;)

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tammy

Tammy/Mehmet,

Please accept my apologies for grouping you in with the PGR mob. I should have known that you were an Orange Lama. However, your posts don't have half as much Whine as you do on the field. Nice to see that your bitching does not carry over to the keyboard.

I will give credit to Dazza for his goal WAY WAY BACK in November, but as for your goal, I would not be piping off about a miss kick by our defender to you at the top of the eighteen in which you toe banged home :eek:.

Gaffa made some excellent saves v. RUFC to keep you in the match. However, clearly Dazza is still suffering from the flu by his comments. In my humble and unbiased opinion, Mario has been in the top two or three keepers in our side all year. Alright, it might not be unbiased, but he has played well on almost every outing this year.

Tammy - since we are going way back to November, why don't we include our September game as well. What was the score on aggregate? Please make sure you calculate the away goals properly.:D

JR

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mario, FF

Mario is good, there is no question. But Gaffa rocks the party rocks the party!!

I was just looking at the remaining games in our division, and it appears that FF will likely be the title deciders. They have to play Clan and 96ers still.

Too bad DCR fcuked up. They have been solid most of the season and I have a lot more respect for them this year than in years past.

dazwhoisstillinshockatthatresult:eek:

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza, Gaffa is definitly one of the top, if not thee top keeper in our Division. I think it is hard to say who is the best because everyone has certain areas where they are strong, but Gaffa is definitly the smartest and most reliable in the division , Big Mario has the best reach and Animal from what I understand has that crazy thing going on. Div. 1a has much stronger keepers in general, I've seen 2 1b games and all the keepers were fat, so sad really.

Lawts

Lomasgoingtobeginit'squestfordiv.1cupchampionthisweekendwithasolidvictoryoversporting:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Stuff

I'll admit I've been watching the Div 1 race moreso than the Premier race.

ST was no match on the turf for Clan. 2-0 at half and 4-0 with 1 minute to go until the ref gave ST a gift goal. My question to the Clan boys.....WTF are you doing getting a red card and a yellow card so late in the game?!

FF are the spoilers; they will not beat the 96ers nor the Clan, but they will tie one of them. I think they will tie the Clan at home.

DCR, at home, shite the bed big-time! Bye-bye Premier. All of the Premier teams were pulling for you.

96ers into the Premier. And just last Summer I was offered $8,000 to give up the Sapperton Premier spot to them.

As for the FF....:rolleyes:....live and learn.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 Grand worth of Bzzr and Pizza

Have you seen the size of the boys that used to play in Premier, I guess they are spending their signing bonuses at KFC and not Subway with Clay Henry.

I hope there is a play-off between Clan and P 96ers, it would be a classic, especially if Ivor was to go off.

I don't think DCR can completly counted out, one of the others are bound to lose some points.

HOSwonderswhowillgotoA.U.ifClanstaysdown

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ST 3 City 1

I know it's week 17 but...whatever.

South Memorial was in rough shape, which complemented City's mucking style of play. We went up early with a goal by yours truly but City tied if up shortly after. City seemed determined today and actually played a pretty decent first half. The final score reallllllly flattered City though as we missed 3 or 4 sitters and had most of the posession in the 2nd half. Our lack of finish was very evident today. Anyhow, it was great to get a game in and 3 points in the bag.

For the guys who got games tomorrow- sucks to be you.
Go Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts