Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matchups for this weekend:

In 1A
Meralomas “A” v. Deep Cove Royals

A huge game for both teams for different reasons. DCR is 4 wins away from Premier. Meralomas need the points in the relegation battle. Deep Cove should easily win this one except for the so called 'Fortress McBride' which amounts to a mud pit which keeps the skilled teams in the league on even footing with the 'Lomas. Unfortunately, DCR can muck too. And they've signed new blood from Norvan.

DCR 2-0

City FC “A” v. Pt. Grey Rangers “A”
Another big game in the relegation zone. A loss for City puts them waaaay behind the 8-ball. PGR needs the points from it's games in hand.

PGR 2-1

Peg-Olys v. Clan Alumni

No Contest. Clan 4-0. Mario keeps it this close

Firefighters “A” v. Pacific 96ers.
Firefighters and the 96ers should both be pissed. Majorly pissed at the lost 2 points from Week 14. Rumour has Skinner returning. DCR will be well pleased with a

1-1 tie.

Sikh Temple “A” v. Richmond Utd. “A”

Two middle of the pack teams battling it out for 5/6 place lots of pretty soccer. But can either team score?!?

No. 0-0

In 1B
WFC Bimini’s v. Vancouver Oly’s

MOTW in 1 B. The worst thing that could happen to either team could be a tie.

2-2

Lobbans “A” v. AC Milan
AC Milan is cruising to Premier with an 8 point lead. It'll be 10 after the aforementioned tie.

ACM 2 - Lobbans 0 - Appy with the celebratory Lerb.

Norburn SC v. West. Union Polska

No more Randall for Norburn. They don't win another. But neither does Polska.

3-3

Shaheen SC v. PCOV
Who knows, who cares.

Hagar’s “A” v. Norvan SC
Another mid-pack battle. Norvan still losing players and fielding a U-21 team. Still, Limey says they'll win. So,

Norvan 2 - Hagars 1

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1.A Week 15 predictions.

'Lomas 0-3 DCRoyals

Royals have four games to the title, two with bottom feeders City FC, the above match and Firefighters. North Van National Guard in full training for the inevitable.

City FC 1-1 PG Rangers

Just because that's what my squad wants...

Peg/Olys 0-3 Clan

Bad year for the Peg/Oly lads to be sure (I'm one of them BTW) and looks like a year end relegation fight will at least keep things interesting for the last few matches, two against Point Grey.

Firefighters 2-2 96'ers

The draw will virtually end the 96'ers promotion dreams and possibly end one of the stranger chapters in recent Div. 1 history. What's in those paper cups on the 96'ers sidelines anyways?

Sikh T 2-1 RUFC

Very impressed by Sikh T in both matches verse Peg/Olys this year and this squad will be heard from in the future, they are young and talented. RUFC are better than their record show but...

Toze

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Back Toeformation

Toze,
First post in a long time - and a new flag as well. Did you have to move countries before TB allowed more than a lurker status? I guess that was the reason you cleaned up the empties on Saturday. I didn't know TB took empties - if I did, I would have had enough to join the TTP Hockey Pool.

Predictions for Week 15:

Mermaids 0 - 4 DCR - DCR will take over Fort McBride in a similar fashion as the USA took over Kabul. Hopefully one of the DCR lads will hammer the Lamas forward who wears #14 = jackass.

City FC 1-1 PG Rangers - City seems to be coming on of late and PGR have more ups and downs than Sybil. A tie was the best odds under this weeks Sports Action Oddset.

Peg/Olys 1-1 Clan - I have no idea what Toze is talking about on his pick. This will be Peg/Oly's day and they will steal a point. Main factor is that Ginger is still on the Christmas disabled list with an enlarged eggnogg gland. Clan boys should be concerned that if he does play, he will be running around with a camel back full of tartar sauce to keep his fluids up.

Firefighters 2-2 96'ers - FF rated well against us in the first game, but the same can't be said about Team Payroll - especially when all 3 of their goals were on PK's (all questionable calls). I see this as a tie that will finish off the 96'ers hope for promotion.

Sikh T 1-1 RUFC - I also see this as a tie. Temple showed a lot of character last week against us. A lot of speed on Temple and I would normally give this factor the edge, but Richmond has too much pride and will get a point. If the weather does not hold up and the game is called off, possibly some boat races between the two teams. Animal and Bringit as anchor for both teams respectively. If this happens, I give the edge to RUFC.

Still a lot to happen over the next couple weeks and some very interesting battles. A few more weeks and I should be in a position to have all my scouting reports in and produce the first annual Div 1'A' All-Star Team.

JR

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I would love to see the Cove boys go up, I don't think it'll happen. I may be wrong, but I think they still have a game remaining against Clan. From what I've seen and heard of Clan lately, they seem unbeatable. I think Clan will go undefeated the rest of the season and win promotion, although I hope I'm wrong. 96ers play FF twice and are bound to lose some points somewhere. If they do then they paid a lot of money to finish second or third.

More immediately though...

DCR 3 Lomas 0

PGR 1 City 1

Clan 5 Peg 0

96ers 3 FF 2

ST 11 RUFC 10

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Clan - DCR game

Although it would be a great game... Clan and DCR have played both their games already. Both ties.

See above for DCR's remaining games...

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shitty FC vs PGR

News Flash From South Memorial!

Shitty FC 1 - PGR 3

Shitty lived up to their nickname.

Reports, anyone?

Mehmet.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Pleasure

As Mehmet said, PGR 3 - City 1:)

We deserved the win and continued our current good form. Up 2-0 at the half 3-0 after 60 min. City got one back at about 85 minutes. They were pretty weak though. I don't think they'll see another result this year.

The battle to avoid the relegation playoff still looks tight though.

The rest of the weekend looks a lot cheerier and now I'll be able watch a game tomorrow, if there are still any on.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Memorial is getting trashed

FF vs. 96ers beware:

What once was a nice field is turning into a shambolic dirt patch. Such a shame. And nice to see kids playing a 12:00pm game before ours too, even though they don't do any "full-sized" damage. Hopefully the league will take note and prevent the same thing happening at Hillcrest (if it hasn't happened already). Nice decision not to play there (Hillcrest) this weekend by the PB.

City FC look young and inexperienced, and seemed to be without some key players. We look better and better. Big game next week against Olys.

max

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

Just saw this score on the excellent site: 96ers 7 Firefighters 2. Anyone see this game? That's a heck of a beating.:confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snap, Crackle, Pop!

That is the sound of the Firefighter's season and dreams of promotion going up in smoke!

What a shitekicking! Maybe next year, boys. BTW, the Sap CAT team is looking for some players with aspirations of playing in the top flight with Sap 'A'....or you can just stay where you are for another few years.:eek:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
clan not that impressive

didn't think Clan really showed that much, considering they are in a promotion battle. They were the fitter of the two teams ( no surprise there) but thought they were lucky to walk away with the 3 points. we atleast deserved a tie. thought R. Summner was there best player, although lacked some class. Someone should let him know it was not the Merelomas he played on the weekend. Both goalies were outstanding. Peg/olys had most of the ball control in the first half; but Clan scored on there only two chances which was the difference in the game. The little garden gnome of a ref must have been paid off with SFU book store bucks, which hopefully he will use to read up on the rules ie) the off side rule. I think he took an assist on the second goal.

Anyway Clan will have to have a better effort to finish the season strong, they got lucky. They might want one of thier team moms to bring some hot chocolate next game for their 34 dressed subs to keep warm on the side lines. Kindell was a non factor in the game but did show some class. Should be a good battle to the end of the season.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree

Dickens,

Sumner is a good player, but you're right, he does lack some class. Against us he was a right dirty cnut in both games!

Daz:mad:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, nothing has changed Dazza. I thought the three cheers for Merelomas he gave at the end of the game was a nice touch as well. I don't know how he could have mistaken our sexy football for your mucker style game. We weren't even wearing the orange.

What the fcuk happened to the Firemen in that game. Anyone see it, they obviously didn't.

cheers cider.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens......

I would say that every single Fireman saw the game:eek: cause with a score line like that none of them played!

John

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post game beers..

John...

Where's the best place for a few beers after fridays tilt at Minoru?

Kurgs,

Congrats. Big win for the nimble Trimble boys (How is the wind tunnel with the lovely view?) PGR's win should keep City in the cellar.

Gaffa.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday night

Gaffa,

We get the change rooms at Minoru and you are welcome to have a few there after the game...............but from there it is a good dose of Legends Pub followed shortly with a shot of the Dew!

Still can't get over the Firemans result. That is embarrassing! I can't believe how the once mighty Fireman could be whipped that bad in such a meaningful game! That said I know a couple of the Fireman and don't be surprised if they get at least a point against DCR this weekend!

John

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cider,

One of the reasons you didn't experience the clans full potential is because you played them away from there home pitch, you know the flat, absolutly perfect pitch, not that yours is bad, however I haven't seen it since the start of the year. Anyways don't tell me you guys out played them, you are bottom of the table aqnd haven't got a good result in some time and they are top of the table on a unstopable run, so don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining, I may not have seen the game, but I'm sure you interpritation was a little much. Let's just say you played a good game and kept it close, yes that sounds nice.

Cheers,
Lawts

I do agree however that summner is classless:)

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lawts to pull head from bum...........

Lawts,

It is time that you pulled your head from bum after that post. Nowhere in Cider's post does it say we "outplayed them". We had most of the ball control in the first half and were lucky not to be up one or even at the half. Their superior fitness came through, but our defence held strong in the second half with no goals allowed. The field had nothing to do with it. Kinsman is probably one of the best parks in Metro Soccer. Sorry it's not in the same class as Fort McBride - no further comments required as taking the piss out of your park is too easy. I guess your club selected that field to suit Dazza's sexy football. Last time I looked, City was at the bottom of the table and you were just above them. We might have the same number of points as you lot, but some games in hand - two against PGR and one against City. Oh, also FYI - DCR is on top of the table, not the Clan boys.

You might want to consider posting on subjects that you have knowledge of. In future, come see our game before you provide rebuttal on a post by one of our lads who had a first hand account of the game. Secondly, you might want to check the "Excellent Site" before you comment on bottom dwellers and leaders of the pack.

Lawts - "Peg/Olys played a good game against Clan and kept it close" it does sound nice, but there was more to the game than that.

We have added three quality bodies at the trading deadline and look to finish strong in our final matches.

JR

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR should be at the top

Lawts,

Please accept my sincere apology on the fact DCR is not currently on top of the tables. However, they should be and will be - one game in hand and easy opponents left to play.

Your field is still shite..........

JR

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sexy Football at Fortress McBride

Ahem,

Jags, my winner against your mob was indeed pretty fcuking sexy , even if I say so myself!

daz:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts